No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 1st, 2021 at 9:43:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Trump “I only kept Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx on because they worked for the U.S. government for so long—they are like a bad habit!”

ROTFL
Weakest President ever
There is no tenure in the govt
The excuse is totally absurd.
Trump decides who to fire depending on how long they worked rather then job performance
No wonder Trump got fired. lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 1st, 2021 at 9:49:49 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
ROTFL
Weakest President ever
l

Have you studied all of the presidents or are you just comparing to the ones that you remember? He definitely acted like a buffoon, but to me none of that should be included in his record.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 1st, 2021 at 9:58:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
He definitely acted like a buffoon, but to me none of that should be included in his record.

Everyone will be free to ignore it and re-elect him in 4 years if it means nothing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2021 at 10:04:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Have you studied all of the presidents or are you just comparing to the ones that you remember? He definitely acted like a buffoon, but to me none of that should be included in his record.

Which President wouldn't fire somebody who he thought was doing a crappy job
Which President would allow somebody under him to continue to do a crappy job just because they've been doing a crappy job for a long time
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 1st, 2021 at 10:08:58 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Which President would allow somebody under him to continue to do a crappy job just because they've been doing a crappy job for a long time

Donny was elected to DRAIN THE SWAMP.

Turns out he was too afraid to fire certain people. 🤷‍♂️
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 1st, 2021 at 11:21:42 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

My question to you is what makes him the weakest president ever? That was what you said? I am not arguing that he isn't, but did you actually compare all his policies and actions to those of all of the past presidents? Or, did you just mean he was a weak president?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 1st, 2021 at 11:27:29 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Tanko
Fauci...admitted lying about the need to wear masks, while five million New Yorkers were packed like sardines on the subways every day.

This is often repeated and it is simply not true. Here is what he said in context on March 8
Quote:
FAUCI: The masks are important for someone who's infected to prevent them from infecting someone else. Now, when you see people and look at the films in China and South Korea, whatever, and everybody's wearing a mask. Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

HOST: You're sure of this, because people are listening really closely to this.

FAUCI: Right. Now people should not be walk— there's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is.

And often there are unintended consequences. People keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.

HOST: And you can get some schmutz sort of staying inside there.

FAUCI: Of course, but when you think "masks," you should think of health care providers needing them and people who are ill. The people — when you look at the films of countries, and you see 85% of the people wearing masks, that's fine. That's fine. I'm not against it. If you want to do it, that's fine.

HOST: But it can lead to a shortage.

FAUCI: Exactly, that’s the point. It could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it.

At the time the extent of asymptomatic spread was not yet known. Nor was it known that spread of the virus from surface contact is rare. At that time there was a serious shortage of masks for health care professionals and Dr. Fauci made that perfectly clear in the interview. It was his judgement based on the facts available at the time. To call it an admitted lie is absolutely wrong.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 1st, 2021 at 11:39:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Not sure I agree, or even really understand? His 'acted like a buffoon' is certainly part of his record? His 'record' does not only include executive orders he made and bills presented to him from Congress that he either signed or vetoed. I consider the President's record so much more....
April 1st, 2021 at 11:56:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Lots of times character isn't particularly essential to work, except when it is. I'm reminded of the security guard for Parkland school shooting.

Quote:
A former Parkland, Florida, school safety officer who failed to confront the gunman when 17 people were fatally shot at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last year, was arrested Tuesday on multiple charges, including child neglect and perjury.

The one thing I notice about trump is he throws everyone under the bus to save himself. I wouldn't trust him under pressure especially if a serious mistake is made. He wants to pretend to be a hero to everyone but he throws people faster to the wolves than most if necessary. That's a liability.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2021 at 12:18:23 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
The one thing I notice about trump is he throws everyone under the bus to save himself.

I remember when he threw his entire North Carolina rally under the bus the next morning when they chanted "send her back" in reference to Omar. The next day he said, "Well I didn't say it. They did."

And North Carolina still voted for him.

"How dumb are the people of North Carolina (Iowa)?" - Donald Trump

Trump is a pussy, the antithesis of an alpha male. He couldn't even fire Omerosa.