No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 2nd, 2021 at 6:51:52 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler
In my adult life he has easily been the worst President, based on nothing but character.

I would agree 100% with that statement.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 2nd, 2021 at 7:05:31 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
So everyone would sooner have their country got to hell in a handbasket with a PC president rather than a strong economy and respect in the world with an a-hole as president. You realize that the majority of the world would love to see the US fall flat on their face. They are all laughing at the current leadership behind your back and taking advantage of the opportunities such a weak leader provides.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 2nd, 2021 at 7:25:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
So everyone would sooner have their country got to hell in a handbasket

So absurd. Its like if we are not with you then we are against the country. Give me a break. Thats not the case
LOL
The world is not ending
See the latest jobs report
Hmm, conservatives dont want to discuss that report
I'm expecting to make some good moolah Monday
Stocks are up
I'm thrilled
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 2nd, 2021 at 7:38:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
So everyone would sooner have their country got to hell in a handbasket with a PC president rather than a strong economy and respect in the world with an a-hole as president. You realize that the majority of the world would love to see the US fall flat on their face. They are all laughing at the current leadership behind your back and taking advantage of the opportunities such a weak leader provides.

Yeah, no. Also, Trump was not strong (unless your definition of strong is backpedaling almost everything)

And, there is a difference between "not being PC" and being a serial lying conman... Trump is basically a phony infomercial guy if they were born into wealth (and that may be giving him too much credit since at least they often sell real products).

I am extremely happy with the Biden Presidency and based off of polls so does the rest of the world. Trump is a very American phenomenon, somebody like him would never be taken seriously in most of the world (unless they were born into power, which is basically what happened to him). I am very confidant in saying Biden will not be in the bottom five in ratings of Presidents even 200 years from now . Though to be fair that would probably be true of just about any opposition, Trump was just so bad that it is a pretty good time to be President, because even consistent mediocracy will look great (though Biden is doing great).

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2021/01/19/british-french-and-german-publics-give-biden-high-marks-after-u-s-election/
April 3rd, 2021 at 3:43:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I don't know how anyone can think Trump was anything but a bad President. In my adult life he has easily been the worst President, based on nothing but character.

For example, I may not love Bush on all policies (for a Republican he did get a lot right), but he is a down to earth man who is likeable. In fact both Bush and Obama seem extremely likable. Trump seems like the least likable person on the planet (maybe without exaggeration).

It would be hard for somebody to force a social model that was more socially wrong on how he acted in so many scenarios than Trump. Like Trump just does everything that it is taboo to do or say, and then lies about it..... In fact he lies about almost everything.

I would take 20 years of Bush over one Trump term without a second thought. However, Bush would never want to be President for more than two terms (which is another socially wrong fantasy of Trump that he would say at his rallies about how he should be President for three "or more" terms, as if we don't need more reasons to dislike him).

I fail to see how anyone likes Trump. One thing I have been taught since a child is that Trump is a lying conman, and nothing over the course of my life has changed this view. If anything his Presidency made it far stronger. He was empirically a bad President, is a bad person, and is not good at business (all of these are basic facts, from the amount of time he violates social conventions, to failed businesses, to Presidential rankings). Defending Trump at this point is standing at the bow of the Titanic as it sinks while trying to sell to people that it is unsinkable.

Trump will go down in history as one of the worst Presidents ever. I am happy to foresee that in 20 years this will still be the case. In fact I will say in 20 years he will be in the bottom 5 easily (I never underestimate the possibility that bad Presidents who are intelligent enough to do real damage to America can be elected between now and then).

All of your reasons he was "bad" boil down to you not liking his personality. Nothing on his policies. So I assume you would prefer a bad economy and us getting into another war?

Trump's social positions are actually pretty normal. I am sure you would prefer he ignored science and accept the weird position that there are more than 2 genders and people can change gender. Or that we need a genderless society with just one bathroom for all. Or that he allow a totally open border. But the only "radical" position he has is that he believes what we have known and believed for thousands of years.

He built a multi-billion dollar brand. He is a businessman who takes chances. Some worked great some failed. But that is what alpha-males do.
The President is a fink.
April 3rd, 2021 at 3:58:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The left has this "want to be liked" thing. They do not understand it is better to be feared than to be liked. Of course with Biden we are neither liked or feared.

Biden is such a joke. His poll numbers are showing it, still in the honeymoon period but falling and falling fast. Trump left a lot of momentum that is still going despite Biden just focusing on undoing anything Trump did just because Trump did it. I do have to say I predicted Biden would be a very weak POTUS and so far everything is proving me correct there.
The President is a fink.
April 3rd, 2021 at 4:06:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
So everyone would sooner have their country got to hell in a handbasket with a PC president rather than a strong economy and respect in the world with an a-hole as president.

Uhh, did you see the economic numbers that got released yesterday?

Thanks President Biden!

Quote:
You realize that the majority of the world would love to see the US fall flat on their face. They are all laughing at the current leadership behind your back and taking advantage of the opportunities such a weak leader provides.

If you think they weren’t laughing at Donny and taking advantage of his constant need to be praised.... I can’t help you.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 3rd, 2021 at 6:22:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I would agree 100% with that statement.

Third. Or maybe fourth or fifth...I haven't checked the other posts yet.

That's not to say ALL of his policies were bad, because that wouldn't be true. He might not even be in the worst half of Presidents (but is nowhere near the best) policy-wise, but he represents the entire country and can either attempt to unite or divide the country.

Even if his policies (and I certainly don't even know all of them) were net positive, you still can't completely separate the person from the policies in deciding whether or not he's a good President. I don't think that's something most people would have been willing to do in the past, but I understand that there's not much else to defend if you're a Trump supporter...so you move your personal goalposts.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 3rd, 2021 at 6:23:42 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Let me PM you my number, give me a call when your country is relevant, little brother.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 3rd, 2021 at 6:30:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
All of your reasons he was "bad" boil down to you not liking his personality. Nothing on his policies. So I assume you would prefer a bad economy and us getting into another war?

Trump's social positions are actually pretty normal. I am sure you would prefer he ignored science and accept the weird position that there are more than 2 genders and people can change gender. Or that we need a genderless society with just one bathroom for all. Or that he allow a totally open border. But the only "radical" position he has is that he believes what we have known and believed for thousands of years.

He built a multi-billion dollar brand. He is a businessman who takes chances. Some worked great some failed. But that is what alpha-males do.

I'll tell you what I think is weird---the implication that there's anything sexual about dropping a deuce or taking a leak. The whole transexual thing is just about not concerning myself with things that don't impact me. For my part, I have a peepee that extends outward and I intend to keep it, so that's good enough for me.

Anyway, Trump isn't an Alpha, he's a cuck. Let someone challenge him where he has nowhere to hide and he'll wilt like a flower in October if it's his ass at risk---I've met enough of the type to see it. Alphas don't need to bully others from having a position of more power than the people they are bullying. Do you know what Alphas do? Alpha males protect others from being bullied---protect those weaker than they are---and if someone makes the mistake of bullying an Alpha, then that person gets to find out.

Or, in short, Alphas generally don't aggress, or if they do aggress, it's by way of challenge, not bullying.