No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

December 19th, 2020 at 6:19:34 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

So you have all the answers TP here is your chance. The new strain in London is much more virulent than the existing strain. What would you do to keep this new strain from causing further havoc in the world. Hopefully the existing vaccines will provide at least some protection but that is unknown at this time.

It is easy to be against something after the fact, here is your chance what would you do and be specific.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 20th, 2020 at 6:14:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
So you have all the answers TP here is your chance.

I dont have the answers
I do support any govt that takes this virus seriously
I support news that takes this virus seriously. Conservative media staying away from London shutting down, Thats conservative Boris going against the right wing anti maskers. Cant report that. Thats why I posted it. This was huge on CNN page. Not shown on Fox front page

Trump blew it
"Its just going to go away" He refused to wear masks and encouraged people not to wear masks. He held super spreader events
This is the govt with the WORST approach ever to the virus and its my country. sad
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2020 at 6:38:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I dont have the answers
I do support any govt that takes this virus seriously
I support news that takes this virus seriously. Conservative media staying away from London shutting down, Thats conservative Boris going against the right wing anti maskers. Cant report that. Thats why I posted it. This was huge on CNN page. Not shown on Fox front page

Trump blew it
"Its just going to go away" He refused to wear masks and encouraged people not to wear masks. He held super spreader events
This is the govt with the WORST approach ever to the virus and its my country. sad

I like this post. I believe Trump certainly could have set a better example. The 'super spreader' events were really dumb.

This government has done more to end the pandemic than any other government. The vaccine creation is the end.

But I will agree that we have done less to mitigate it in the pre vaccine time than other countries, Taiwan as an example.

Where we will disagree is, let's say Biden was President a year ago today, how much of a different outcome would we have had? I think not nearly as much as you think.
December 20th, 2020 at 8:07:27 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
As Fox reported yesterday, "UK poised for 'Tier 4' lockdown as new coronavirus strain linked to surge in cases emerges"

This new strain is said to be 70% more transmissible than other strains, and is accounting for 62% of the infections in London. No word yet, on whether it is increasing or decreasing the mortality rate.

Mutations can result in the attenuation or extinction of deadlier strains.

"The literature suggests RNA viruses should be inherently subject to mutational degeneration. This includes the bacteriophage MS2, the tobacco etch virus , HIV, dengue virus type-2, Ebola, and SARS. Some have suggested that intentionally increasing the rate of mutation accumulation (“lethal mutagenesis”) may be a way to control viral epidemics by hastening strain extinction. There is some long-term historical evidence that supports the concept of natural viral attenuation through mutation accumulation, and theoretical studies using numerical simulation strongly support the concept of natural and accelerated genetic attenuation of RNA viruses."
December 20th, 2020 at 9:23:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Told ya from the start Foochi-Woochi
was a total fraud.

25 BRAND NEW Studies Completely DISCREDIT Dr. Fauci

"There is no relationship between lockdowns (or whatever else people want to call them to mask their true nature) and virus control."

https://www.thedailyfodder.com/2020/12/lockdowns-do-not-control-coronavirus.html
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 20th, 2020 at 9:29:13 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
As Fox reported yesterday, "UK poised for 'Tier 4' lockdown

I hope it works
Dont know how many people in London are anti mask or pro super spreader events
In this country, lockdowns will never work. Too many people in this country are pro virus by refusing to wear masks and refusing to social distance
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2020 at 9:36:30 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Electing Gov. Whitmer in 2018 is probably one of the most consequential things our state has done in decades.

Thank you Big Gretch!

Relationship between lockdown and virus transmission rate
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 20th, 2020 at 9:53:16 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Dalex64
Quote: ams288
Electing Gov. Whitmer in 2018 is probably one of the most consequential things our state has done in decades.

Thank you Big Gretch!

Relationship between lockdown and virus transmission rate

Lockdowns do help
I wish everybody in the country were on the same page regarding masks and social distancing
December 20th, 2020 at 10:23:28 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
You realize the numbers are hugely inflated, right? The actual number of people who bit the dust from covie alone is a fraction of what's reported.

From March 1, 2020, to July 31, 2020, a total of 76,088 all-cause deaths occurred among US adults aged 25 to 44 years, which was 11,899 more than the expected 64,189 deaths.

The assessment that many deaths due to other causes are being attributed to COVID is frequently made, primarily by conservatives. The counter argument is that there is so many "excess" deaths this year that it looks like COVID statistics may actually be under-reported.
December 20th, 2020 at 10:36:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
In the long term all the Covid deaths are meaningless to the number of deaths in the US. All the people that are dying of covid would die anyway at some time. All that is happening is they are getting counted earlier than they would have. If we consider that a large portion of the deaths are elderly the number of death annually will probably substantially even out within 10 years.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin