Quote: Evenbob
This article is worth reading, no
matter the source. It's what I
said about Foochi from the start,
and you KNOW I said it, you
were here. Him and the Scarf Queen.
They were in it for their ego's.

It isn't long, just read it.

"Mea culpa: I spent a lot of time on these here digital pages defending Dr. Anthony Fauci. Brother, was I wrong. Fauci is a stone-cold liar. And if he’s not a stone-cold liar, his only defense is that he is a fraud. Either way, shame on him … and me."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/07/nolte-dr-fauci-either-liar-fraud/

This seems to be a very biased article, the ending is pretty childish:
(Spoiler for language )
' I’m almost as disgusted with myself for trusting Fauci as I am with him.

Never again will I trust the “experts.”

Fuck them.

Fuck them all forever.'
-John Nolte

People may not remember, he received similar criticism when his career was just getting started to tackling HIV/AIDs, nobody like to be told what to do with their health.

I have a feeling this in history will look like his work with HIV. At the time he was lambasted, but in retrospect he will know that he is right.

The primary point of the article was the Dr. Fauci is politicized, pointing out to him not condemning the mass protests recently (which he did).
https://wtop.com/national/2020/06/dr-fauci-protests-are-perfect-setup-for-coronavirus-spread/

Aside from that point of (alleged, not in reality) inconsistency, I don't see one fact presented that makes him a "liar" or "sociopathy"... The bottom line is people just like to rage against health authorities who give public health advice. Dr. Fauci experienced this in the 80s with HIV, earlier public health Drs. experienced with cigarettes earlier in the century, it always happens when something damaging public health will cause economic disruption to solve..... Again, not one fact in the article that he "lied" about.... Just a long rant of businesses and churches that were forced to close...
June 7th, 2020 at 1:06:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

People may not remember, he received similar criticism when his career was just getting started to tackling HIV/AIDs

And that was my main problem
with him. He wanted to declare
a worldwide pandemic over AIDS.
He wanted to shut down the world
till there was a vaccine. Here it is
40 years later and no vaccine.

So he had his chance with covid.
And he blew it again. He's a quack,
I said it from the start. Guys like
him wait their whole lives to be
in the spotlight. Now the quack
is saying all the riots and protests
will shut down the country again.
He never stops being wrong.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 7th, 2020 at 1:12:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
And that was my main problem
with him. He wanted to declare
a worldwide pandemic over AIDS.
He wanted to shut down the world
till there was a vaccine. Here it is
40 years later and no vaccine.

So he had his chance with covid.
And he blew it again. He's a quack,
I said it from the start. Guys like
him wait their whole lives to be
in the spotlight. Now the quack
is saying all the riots and protests
will shut down the country again.
He never stops being wrong.

He is not a quack.

His job is to push extreme safety. His job is to push people to be as safe as possible.

He is right about the riots (which I am glad you admit, because the article never says he never condemns the gathering for riots), it will cause another spike. between the riots and memorial day foolishness another spike is already coming. Not to mention with most states reopening. I am not saying this should not happen, but all of these together within a 30 days period will contribute to another rise.

To be fair the riots did shut down the country for a few days (but for totally different reasons….. most stores wanted to secure up.....)
June 7th, 2020 at 1:20:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
He is not a quack.

Sure he is. He was wrong about
AIDS and he was wrong about
corona. He's the guy who yells
fire in a crowded theater because
the popcorn is burning. Corona
is 1/50th as deadly as he said
it was gong to be.

And no spike. Look at Atlanta,
they reopened 2 months ago
and are just fine. Liberty U
opened the campus in March
and never saw any covid spike.
When did we turn into a nation
of Chicken Little's.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 7th, 2020 at 1:50:07 PM permalink
Gandler
Sure he is. He was wrong about
AIDS and he was wrong about
corona. He's the guy who yells
fire in a crowded theater because
the popcorn is burning. Corona
is 1/50th as deadly as he said
it was gong to be.

And no spike. Look at Atlanta,
they reopened 2 months ago
and are just fine. Liberty U
opened the campus in March
and never saw any covid spike.
When did we turn into a nation
of Chicken Little's.

Um, what?

I think one of his earliest estimates was "over 60k", he has been right for months..... And, sadly will be right many times over by the time this is all over with....

How was he wrong on HIV?

You keep saying he is wrong, but you or your article do not cite false statements that he has made.... They just rage about lockdown orders....

I live in GA, the lockdown ended 30APR2020. Numbers are still flat for a number of reason (including many major retailers and restaurants voluntarily staying closed or delivery or limited services.... etc) GA is not back to normal. Most stores and businesses require masks and social distancing, and have limited/spread places it is just voluntarily done, not forced by the state.... Basically its the same as it was during the lockdown.... The only difference is barber shops are open... GA was a weak lockdown to being with, so most corporate policies are stricter than the lockdown was even when it was in effect....
June 7th, 2020 at 2:10:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

How was he wrong on HIV?

HIV was projected to spread across the heterosexual population like wildfire. In high school they told us it would "double every year" for years and years.

The heterosexual AIDS pandemic never happened. AIDS hit the gay male community and needle-sharing drug users. It did not get big among heterosexuals. Not nearly what they predicted.
The President is a fink.
June 7th, 2020 at 2:12:25 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Guys like him wait their whole lives to be
in the spotlight.

Yep, he sure LOVES all the attention he's getting. He's never gotten so much attention in his life.

You should have seen how he acted when a reporter asked him what he thought about Brad Pitt playing him in an SNL skit.

I mean, my god the guy was giddy like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert!
Look at that smile..........he's got a man crush on Brad Pitt!! 🙄

June 7th, 2020 at 2:14:26 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
HIV was projected to spread across the heterosexual population like wildfire. In high school they told us it would "double every year" for years and years.

He doesn't remember any of that because it happened like 10 years before he was born. 😂😂
June 7th, 2020 at 2:29:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman

The heterosexual AIDS pandemic never happened. AIDS hit the gay male community and needle-sharing drug users. It did not get big among heterosexuals. Not nearly what they predicted.

Here he is in 2017 predicting that this term (Trump) will face an outbreak:
https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20170111/fauci-no-doubt-trump-will-face-surprise-infectious-disease-outbreak
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-events/three-decades-responding-infectious-disease-outbreaks

As for HIV. I cannot find a single article from the 1980s that he published that HIV rates will double every year among any population.
Here is an hour long program from 1984 (very odd music choices for the topic, but I guess 80s) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzK3dg59TuY

He says 71% of people with fully developed AIDS are homosexuals, 17ish% IV Drug users, rest various categories.
He talks about how the virus started out in the homosexual population, and is spreading into other populations by "social cross contamination", IE gay men who also use needle drugs, gay men who also exchange blood products, etc which is what causes it to trickle into the other high risk groups (needle users, hemophiliacs, people reliant on blood products, etc...)...

He is pretty clear about the risk factors. Even watching this today, I can't find anything he says to be wrong in hindsight (maybe some statistics you can nitpick over), but he certainly never said the straight population is going to be effected in the same way, and her certainly never said it will double in the straight population every year...
June 7th, 2020 at 2:55:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Here he is in 2017 predicting that this term (Trump) will face an outbreak:
https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20170111/fauci-no-doubt-trump-will-face-surprise-infectious-disease-outbreak
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-events/three-decades-responding-infectious-disease-outbreaks

As for HIV. I cannot find a single article from the 1980s that he published that HIV rates will double every year among any population.
Here is an hour long program from 1984 (very odd music choices for the topic, but I guess 80s) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzK3dg59TuY

He says 71% of people with fully developed AIDS are homosexuals, 17ish% IV Drug users, rest various categories.
He talks about how the virus started out in the homosexual population, and is spreading into other populations by "social cross contamination", IE gay men who also use needle drugs, gay men who also exchange blood products, etc which is what causes it to trickle into the other high risk groups (needle users, hemophiliacs, people reliant on blood products, etc...)...

He is pretty clear about the risk factors. Even watching this today, I can't find anything he says to be wrong in hindsight (maybe some statistics you can nitpick over), but he certainly never said the straight population is going to be effected in the same way, and her certainly never said it will double in the straight population every year...

You had to have lived then to get it. They were scaremongering AIDS as big as they could, hoping heterosexual fear would drive government funding. It was all over the news. The "doubling" was at a presentation we had to sit thru in high school.
The President is a fink.