No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 15th, 2020 at 3:37:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
As per current guidance the plan is to make it mandatory for many. Similar to how many other vaccines are mandatory.

You won't be shot for not getting it. But, you will be limited from many aspects of society..... As you should be with all vaccines in my opinion....

So if you do not get one do you have to wear some kind of marker pinned to your outfit?
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2020 at 4:58:23 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
We don't even know if they will find a vaccine that works. I hope that just as much, if not more, work is going into finding treatments that help reduce the severity of the disease.

The vaccine, if found, will work even if everyone is not forced to take it. Most people will want to take it, meaning the majority of folks will be vaccinated. The people who decide not to do take this vaccine will be just like the ones who refuse vaccines now--their decisions will leave them open to getting the virus and spreading it among others that don't get the vaccine. The more other people are vaccinated, the more the anti-vaxx kooks will be protected from themselves, but we already see what happens when groups of them get together and spread diseases to each other.

Like it or not, the anti-vaxx people are mostly swayed by bad science and bad religious interpretations of the Bible.

The sad thing is that they often allow children to go without be vaccinated in the name of their freedom and pseudo science. That allows some nearly eradicated deadly diseases to come back around again.

Though they do leave some holes in our protection from diseases, I also believe that they have the right to refuse vaccine.

I don't get how anyone thinks that we should require an ID for being vaccinated but not one for voting. That is just another stretch in stupidity, no matter who comes up with it.
May 15th, 2020 at 5:22:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Possibly the saddest sentence ever typed on this board.

Its close, maybe up there with you know, calling for genocide....
May 15th, 2020 at 5:26:10 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
So if you do not get one do you have to wear some kind of marker pinned to your outfit?

It will be notated in various medical files as well with your state.

That way if there are issues with you going where not allowed, a patrol car can be posted outside of your house.
May 15th, 2020 at 5:28:29 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: RonC
We don't even know if they will find a vaccine that works. I hope that just as much, if not more, work is going into finding treatments that help reduce the severity of the disease.

The vaccine, if found, will work even if everyone is not forced to take it. Most people will want to take it, meaning the majority of folks will be vaccinated. The people who decide not to do take this vaccine will be just like the ones who refuse vaccines now--their decisions will leave them open to getting the virus and spreading it among others that don't get the vaccine. The more other people are vaccinated, the more the anti-vaxx kooks will be protected from themselves, but we already see what happens when groups of them get together and spread diseases to each other.

Like it or not, the anti-vaxx people are mostly swayed by bad science and bad religious interpretations of the Bible.

The sad thing is that they often allow children to go without be vaccinated in the name of their freedom and pseudo science. That allows some nearly eradicated deadly diseases to come back around again.

Though they do leave some holes in our protection from diseases, I also believe that they have the right to refuse vaccine.

I don't get how anyone thinks that we should require an ID for being vaccinated but not one for voting. That is just another stretch in stupidity, no matter who comes up with it.

Who proposed that? I have never shown my ID to get a vaccination at any free mobile clinic ever....

Maybe if you go to somewhere that charges they need your ID for billing purposes...
May 15th, 2020 at 5:43:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Sort of. My hospital either required you to get a flu shot or wear a mask throughout your entire shift in the hospital. After you got your flu shot you would get a sticker to be affixed to your ID badge, which had to be displayed at all times. Remember, this was before it was common to see people wearing masks in non-OR or non-procedure type areas. Imagine being a patient recovering from a broken hip, and seeing twenty people come into your room on a daily basis, and only one wears a mask? Do you have confidence that that person is safe to be in your room? Or do you start thinking why didn't the other 19 wear a mask?
May 15th, 2020 at 5:44:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Who proposed that? I have never shown my ID to get a vaccination at any free mobile clinic ever....

Maybe if you go to somewhere that charges they need your ID for billing purposes...

Since HIPA any legit medical provider requires ID.
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2020 at 5:58:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I find it hard to believe that any legal entity is permitted to inject a random person with a vaccine without verifying their ID. I think that the 'lot #' has to be able to be linked with the exact people who received vaccines from that lot, in case of adverse outcomes.
Other than illegal aliens, I would like someone to round up 10 American citizens that do not have some form of ID. I think it would be easier to round up BigFoot, a unicorn, and a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl trophy......
May 15th, 2020 at 6:30:07 AM permalink
Gandler

I know of many places that vaccinate (particular homeless communities and perhaps the type of people who don't want their ID checked) in mobile teams in needy areas.

I don't know the legality. But, they are often associated with a large local hospital....
May 15th, 2020 at 7:39:46 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

"Immunity certificates may turn out to be an important part of the other side of the Covid-19 pandemic."

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/10/immunity-certificates-covid-19-practical-ethical-conundrums/

SOOPOO mentioned providing proof of the flu shot in a hospital setting, but I can't see having to prove that you have had the vaccine or the disease to others in non-medical settings is going to work.