No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 25th, 2020 at 11:42:22 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I am not a fan of his, but that is not what he said. .

It's not what he said at all.
Scott Adams can't believe
how desperate the 'drooling
media morons' are by exploiting
this nothing burger of a story.
I totally believe it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 25th, 2020 at 11:52:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
It's not what he said at all.
Scott Adams can't believe
how desperate the 'drooling
media morons' are by exploiting
this nothing burger of a story.
I totally believe it.

One day apart:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 25th, 2020 at 1:27:19 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Remember how libbies keep saying that we need to be more like Sweden??

I AGREE!!

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/04/22/the-swedish-strategy-is-working/
April 25th, 2020 at 2:18:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Shrek
Good for Tennessee!! Looks like they have a real leader in charge. Unlike the pro-police state governors Gabbin Newsom, Fredo's brother, and the Wicked Whit of the (Mid)west

Gov. Lee Issues Guidelines for Restaurants, Retail Stores to Reopen Early Next Week in 89 Counties

Here's what I don't understand about the pro-police state people. If you don't want the quarantine to end...............then STAY QUARANTINED!! My god, nobody's gonna kidnap you and take you shopping! And if you have elderly relatives that you're worried about...............make sure they STAY QUARANTINED too!!

Why is this so hard for the pro-police state people to understand?!

The pro-police state people act like pro-freedom lovers are gonna kidnap them and take them to the mall! 🙄

The libbie answer.... The poor, mostly black and brown, if their unemployment money is cut off due to states re-opening their economies, will be disproportionately forced back to work at dangerous jobs. Jobs that will not be amenable to 'social distancing lite'. So they will not have a realistic option to not go back to work. The libbie will say you are coercing them to risk their lives.

There is some truth to that, but your point about staying quarantined is also true. Anyone can still choose to not leave their home. It's complicated.
April 25th, 2020 at 2:36:41 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: SOOPOO
The libbie answer.... The poor, mostly black and brown, if their unemployment money is cut off due to states re-opening their economies, will be disproportionately forced back to work at dangerous jobs.

I agree that those people are caught between a rock and a hard place. If it was me, I'd go back to work if I'm young & healthy. Although I dislike government, I would have no problem with the government helping out "high risk" people like the elderly, people with preexisting conditions, etc. I just despise the draconian measures taken by guys like Gabbin Newsom and Fredo's brother! 😡
April 25th, 2020 at 3:40:39 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
I just despise the draconian measures taken by guys like Gabbin Newsom and Fredo's brother! 😡

And Donald Trump. Duh.
April 26th, 2020 at 12:27:36 AM permalink
Shrek
Good going libbies! Now we're gonna end up facing a meat shortage because you don't want anybody to work!!

Meat shortage looms as coronavirus shuts packing plants

Thanks libbies for your idiotic policies to shut everything down!! 😡
April 26th, 2020 at 4:20:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Good going libbies! Now we're gonna end up facing a meat shortage because you don't want anybody to work!!

Does Shrek not know who the president is?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 26th, 2020 at 4:46:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288

Does Shrek not know who the president is?

Maybe not, but you don't seem to understand that this pandemic is not of the President's doing, that Democrats called him names because he tried to shut down travel early on and they also encouraged people to be out and about as it spread early on, and that governors of 50 states--Republican and Democrat--have a large part in handling the crisis.

President Trump hasn't been perfect, he should keep his mouth shut more, but he has largely followed the guidance of those scientists as they moved from this being a minor issue to a major one.

These plants will close down, clean up, and go back to work.
April 26th, 2020 at 4:53:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"Covid-19 patients admitted to a coronavirus-free Queens nursing home 'arrived with a supply of body bags'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8252811/Coronavirus-patients-arrived-Queens-nursing-home-body-bags.html

Apparently, some states mandated that nursing homes accept Covid 19 patients discharged from the hospital, but still infected. Why would they not either take over a nursing home and move people out who were not infected instead of placing the infected among them or simply create a temporary nursing home environment for them?

Taking people with the infection and placing them among the most vulnerable to spread the infection was not a good call by those who made that decision.