No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 10th, 2020 at 2:52:27 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Shrek
Hey, thanks for this message. Nobody replied, but that's ok because I'm not complaining. We all know what's up.

Also I just noticed the 9th post in this very thread:
Talk about genocide. Sheesh!!

But anyway, that's neither here nor there. Let bygones be bygones, and let's focus on the most important thing at hand.....................destroying libbie arguments! 😂😂

The difference is that I am apolitical. I wish it equally on liberals and conservative. Other than staying home bored, I am enjoying this event. I am finally watching the news again because I find this entertaining.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 10th, 2020 at 2:55:19 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: DRich
The difference is that I am apolitical. I wish it equally on liberals and conservative. Other than staying home bored, I am enjoying this event. I am finally watching the news again because I find this entertaining.
Fair enough. I was just observing, not complaining.

Quote: Evenbob
Yeah, no. Screw that 80 year
old windbag. He's been wrong
more than right, and obviously
has an agenda against Trump.
Fire him today.
Exactly. I'm really getting tired of seeing that old Dr. Fossil on TV. He just likes the sound of his own voice.

Dr. Fossil would have us stay quarantined for the next 2 years if it was up to him!
April 10th, 2020 at 3:17:20 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Tanko
Coronavirus death rate much lower than previously reported, Study says.
Thank you! I'm tired of seeing all this libbie propaganda all over the news acting like this weak virus is somehow worse than tuberculosis, smallpox, and the bubonic plague! 🙄

Quote: AZDuffman
San Francisco order bans reusable bags from grocery stores in effort to fight coronavirus

Kind of ironic. If something good comes out of all this maybe one thing will be an end to these bag bans.
+100

Quote: fleaswatter
Did the desire to be environment friendly in NY facilitate the spread of the virus?

The Spread of a Norovirus Surrogate via Reusable Grocery Bags in a Grocery Supermarket
Haha excellent point! The libbies have mastered the art of creating more problems that wouldn't have existed otherwise!! 😂😂
April 10th, 2020 at 3:19:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

Again, welcome back!

I thought maybe the corny virus got him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 10th, 2020 at 4:13:15 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
Hey, I heard Trump make an admirable statement. It actually sounded wise and considered.

Did he then sully those admirable words and brag about the ratings his press briefings are getting?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 10th, 2020 at 5:15:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Welcome back Shrek. I had a computer go kablooey. Went on line. Bestbuy.com. Clicked a few times. Less than $200 got a new laptop via curbside pick up at local store. No Best Buy nearby?

I've been saving up some anti Cuomo stuff for you, by the way!

Oh hell here goes....

He had the opportunity to buy ventilators a few years ago to prepare for something like this and did not.
The social distancing rules here (mostly NYC) are a failure because of all the exceptions.
There how do you think the pizza workers get to work in Manhattan? SUBWAY
How do the dry cleaners get to work in Manhattan? SUBWAY
How about the banker that should not be allowed in and should work from home? SUBWAY
Tree pruners that work in Central Park? SUBWAY

I could go on and on. The pictures of crowded subway cars are real. The poor, mostly Black and Hispanic, are suffering the brunt of Cuomo's malfeasance.

He can say Trump should have shut down the country sooner, and maybe he should have, but Cuomo had the right, and yes, the obligation, to shut down NY sooner. I mean, NY State will soon see the most deaths of any country if it were to be classified as such.

EVEN HIS DOOFUS brother was not practicing social distancing, and put his own mother at risk! And somehow the liberal media makes them out to be stars!

Andrew C. is so into himself it is ridiculous. He is, and ALWAYS has been, asll about the power.
His brilliancy has just closed all the golf courses in our area. It was ONE activity that could be accomplished easily using social distancing guidelines. And he decided to crush another small business group FOR NO RATIONAL reason!

My wife loves him and hates when I point out all his weaknesses. But she never has a real answer to any of them.

"He just sounds so much smarter than Trump". Sadly, he does.
April 11th, 2020 at 8:29:28 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The wet markets where Covid-19 likely emerged, are reopening in China.

According to the Washington Post, 'That's good'.

"The prevalence of food-borne microbial illness in developing East Asia suggests that far from being cesspits of disease, wet markets do a good job of providing households with clean, fresh produce."

This is the 2007 University of Hong Kong SARS report that Maher refers to:

“The findings that horseshoe bats are the natural reservoir for SARS-CoV-like virus and that civets are the amplification host highlight the importance of wildlife and biosecurity in farms and wet markets, which can serve as the source and amplification centers for emerging infections.”

“Large numbers and varieties of these wild game mammals in overcrowded cages and the lack of biosecurity measures in wet markets allowed the jumping of this novel virus from animals to human.”

“Its capacity for human-to-human transmission, the lack of awareness in hospital infection control, and international air travel facilitated the rapid global dissemination of this agent. Over 8,000 people were affected, with a crude fatality rate of 10%. The acute and dramatic impact on health care systems, economies, and societies of affected countries within just a few months of early 2003 was unparalleled since the last plague.”

April 11th, 2020 at 8:31:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
New Zealand beating the virus
Getting ready to open the country with just 1 death
That's simply amazing, 1 death
What leadership.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/10/new-zealand-preparing-end-lockdown-success-coronavirus-battle-12536871/?fbclid=IwAR3BpXNujpjJta9ms0StqSbEKh7XhF98jpdG8uaHEsUl7AlGBSHYAnsaVso
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 11th, 2020 at 9:08:13 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
New Zealand beating the virus
Getting ready to open the country with just 1 death
That's simply amazing, 1 death

Now 4.

NZ has a population density of 46 people per square mile.

NYC has a population density of 26,403 people per square mile.

Do you think that makes a difference?

NZ also did not have 3.4 million travelers from China and Europe enter their county between December and February.
April 11th, 2020 at 9:58:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tanko

NZ has a population density of 46 people per square mile.
NYC has a population density of 26,403 people per square mile.

Shh, don't ruin it for him. He
thinks they're exactly the same.
He thinks comparing apples
to oranges is a great idea.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.