No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 9th, 2020 at 5:21:39 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
What about when you compare 60,000+ deaths to Donny’s initial estimate of “close to 0?”

Is 60,000 deaths still a pretty good job?

I won’t hold my breath waiting for a (good faith) response.

That is because you never accept good faith responses; you simply parrot the leftist party line pretty much ignoring that LOTS of people, including Dr. Fauci and many from both sides, got it wrong early on.

60,000 deaths is horrible. ..but you know that...
1,500,000 - 2,000,000 deaths would be a huge tragedy

The WHO told us there was not human transmission. China's communist government lied and covered up the depth of the infection.

The simplistic answer is....it was all Trump's fault.

Mistakes? Lots of them all around. 60,000 deaths "because of" one person? That is a huge stretch.

...and that is what you will continue to say.
April 9th, 2020 at 5:33:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
What about when you compare 60,000+ deaths to Donny’s initial estimate of “close to 0?”

Is 60,000 deaths still a pretty good job?

I won’t hold my breath waiting for a (good faith) response.

That is because you never accept good faith responses; you simply parrot the leftist party line pretty much ignoring that LOTS of people, including Dr. Fauci and many from both sides, got it wrong early on.

60,000 deaths is horrible. ..but you know that...
1,500,000 - 2,000,000 deaths would be a huge tragedy

The WHO told us there was not human transmission. China's communist government lied and covered up the depth of the infection.

The simplistic answer is....it was all Trump's fault.

Mistakes? Lots of them all around. 60,000 deaths "because of" one person? That is a huge stretch.

...and that is what you will continue to say.

Seems like a lot of words for an attack on me in order to completely ignore Donny’s quote and try to divert blame elsewhere. I’d expect nothing else from our righties.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 9th, 2020 at 6:06:05 AM permalink
RonC
Seems like a lot of words for an attack on me in order to completely ignore Donny’s quote and try to divert blame elsewhere. I’d expect nothing else from our righties.

Yawning...same old saw from you. I have called out lots of his quotes, tweets, etc. over the past few years, but you just cry out "righties" in reply.

I have also posted some comments by people on the other side; you don't call them out.

Yes, he has said things that he shouldn't have said.
April 9th, 2020 at 6:17:49 AM permalink
ams288
I have also posted some comments by people on the other side; you don't call them out.

They’re not the president.
April 9th, 2020 at 7:06:13 AM permalink
RonC
They’re not the president.

Therefore, we cannot talk about any mistakes made by anyone not the President.

Got it.

Do you even read?

--lots of mistakes were made
--the spread of the disease was underestimated by many from science, politics, and other places
--the President has made mistakes based on incomplete information
--the President has made mistakes that he should not have
--the President has said too much

All things that I have said over the course of this, and many other threads.

The sad death toll of this pandemic will be greater than it would have been had the Communist government of China and their puppet at the WHO not lied.

The death toll is being lowered, no thanks to those two, but with thanks to some great work by the President, the Commission, and most governors...along with all the people on the front lines.

The acceptable death toll was zero. ANY number is too high. Same goes for any other danger we face--driving accidents, the yearly flu, drugs, etc.

I have fairly criticized the President along the way. You post things without putting them in context with the time they happened that put him in a worse light.

It is your thing. How in the heck can you ask others to look at things fairly?
April 9th, 2020 at 7:17:29 AM permalink
ams288
You post things without putting them in context with the time they happened that put him in a worse light.

Was Donny’s “15 cases down to close to 0” quote that we’ve been discussing in this thread taken out of context?
April 9th, 2020 at 7:38:09 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Was Donny’s “15 cases down to close to 0” quote that we’ve been discussing in this thread taken out of context?

Of course not. He was clearly wrong.

Baseball, and other sports, have a statistic they call Value Above Replacement. If a guy hits 30 home runs that win 30 games, he is not worth 30 games to the team. He is worth how ever many MORE games his team would win versus an average replacement.

What we really need to know is Donny's VAR.

Of course it would all be conjecture.

Would HRC have closed China to travel as soon as DJT?
Would HRC have issued a national stay at home order?
Would HRC have cut red tape as fast as DJT for drug use/development?

I'm guessing NO, YES, NO. But absolutely no way to know.

Once again, as I have been saying from day one, the voters will decide in November if Donny's VAR is positive or negative. The main problem for the Democrats is that they do not have an average replacement running; Biden is clearly below average.

I will say this.... America's staunch support of our normal civil liberties made it and continue to make it harder to fight this pandemic. As one of our founding principles.... give me liberty or give me death.... locking us up for our own safety is kind of anti_American.... even if 'necessary'...
April 9th, 2020 at 9:53:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
A new milestone
Caronavirus is now the leading cause of death in the USA
Overtaken heart disease and cancer
A very sad day for America
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 9th, 2020 at 9:54:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
A new milestone
Caronavirus is now the leading cause of death in the USA
A very sad day for America

Why does that make it a sad day? Would your day be better if heart disease was the leading cause of death?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 9th, 2020 at 9:56:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Why does that make it a sad day? Would your day be better if heart disease was the leading cause of death?

Yes
I can hold off heart disease by diet and exercise
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"