1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 27th, 2020 at 12:16:50 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Wizard
Hate speech. 30-day suspension.

Wow, really, 30 days???

I realize that this is your forum but I am surprised at the length of the suspension.
Let's go Brandon
February 27th, 2020 at 12:28:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Hate speech. 30-day suspension.

thanks
good decision
I agree with just about all the suspensions including mine :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 27th, 2020 at 12:31:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

Be honest. You just don't like Shrek?

He's always been Beethoven9th to me. Not that I can prove it. But I actually don't care either way. Gonna treat him the same way either way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 27th, 2020 at 12:41:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Interesting considerations.

Quote:
Employees in the service industry especially, like food workers or personal care assistants, are much less likely than their peers in more lucrative fields to have paid time off if they get sick. But they also make less money in general, meaning a lost day of work hurts their families’ budgets more. That gives them a strong motivation to go into work — even if they’re not feeling well.

And because these workers come in close contact with the rest of humanity, they are a potent vector for spreading contagions, particularly those as infectious as coronaviruses. It’s a recipe for making a bad outbreak even worse, all because America hasn’t decided to guarantee paid sick leave for all workers.

There is no federal law guaranteeing paid time off for illness, and paid sick leave is comparatively rare for lower-wage workers. Just 63 percent of people working in service occupations have paid sick leave, versus more than 90 percent of people in management positions, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. For people working part-time, just 43 percent can get sick leave from their employer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/americas-bad-paid-sick-leave-policy-could-make-the-coronavirus-outbreak-worse/ar-BB10tm4A?ocid=spartandhp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 27th, 2020 at 12:42:17 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: fleaswatter
I realize that this is your forum but I am surprised at the length of the suspension.

I don't take kindly to wishing harm and death to any group of people. I view his statement as bordering on advocating genocide.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 27th, 2020 at 12:53:40 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I don't take kindly to wishing harm and death to any group of people. I view his statement as bordering on advocating genocide.

Understand.
If someone wishes harm and/or death to a individual, say for example Rush Limbaugh, would that be considered hate speech?

I am not trying to be a pain but just trying to understand the limits here.
Let's go Brandon
February 27th, 2020 at 12:55:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It seems that posters here regularly celebrate the deaths of others.

You yourself just advocated for the death of Bagdadi.

It appeared to me more in league with Shrek's online persona, than actually advocating the death of Friscoans, followed by two smiley faces.

Of course, your house, etc.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 27th, 2020 at 1:02:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
It seems that posters here regularly celebrate the deaths of others.

If they're already dead, you can't be accused with advocating for a live person's death.
February 27th, 2020 at 1:03:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Try being self employed. NO sick leave.
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2020 at 1:04:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: fleaswatter
Understand.
If someone wishes harm and/or death to a individual, say for example Rush Limbaugh, would that be considered hate speech?

I am not trying to be a pain but just trying to understand the limits here.

I would agree that is over the line. Along with some of the names conservative women have been called.
The President is a fink.