No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 26th, 2020 at 1:29:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

Of course if you can really predict the stock market you'd soon be joining the billionaire club

l

You have to second, and third guess what's going on.

Are the investment guys right when they advise to stay the course, or are they just trying to move their own stuff quietly before prices go spiraling down.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 26th, 2020 at 2:25:00 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: terapined

They cut me a massive check Friday and I just received the check via mail yesterday
Mailing out the check today to my current employers IRA plan with T Rowe Price
I was surprised a rollover involved physical checks but the IRA people said this is the safest way to do it
Check? Seriously? Your banking system amazes me.... Like ours did in 1970

I agree with you about Wells Fargo. I wouldn't trust them to give change for a 10
$:o)
February 26th, 2020 at 4:07:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: OnceDear
Check? Seriously? Your banking system amazes me..

I haven't seen a check in 10
years. 'Massive' probably
means $400, lol..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 26th, 2020 at 4:20:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Anyone watching this press conference on the coronavirus?

Donny is so over his head, it’s like watching an 8 year old trying to explain Shakespeare.

He keeps talking about how he never knew so many people died from the flu every year.

Scary...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 26th, 2020 at 4:37:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

Donny is so over his head, it’s like watching an 8 year old trying to explain Shakespeare.

He keeps talking about how he never knew so many people died from the flu every year.

Scary...

I was wincing, but frankly that's probably the best he can do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 26th, 2020 at 4:50:34 PM permalink
OnceDear

Scary...
I watched it. Alex Azaris has his head so far up trump's .... It was comedy gold to watch him fawning. A stage full of yes-men. It was funny watching the guy say we were just a few months from a vaccine.... plus a few more for first stage testing on like 40 or 50 people then hundreds... testing.... Hmmm yes.... a year and a half... or more.
And trump could not stay on topic even under the guidance of all the totally softball questions ( who picked the invited reporters).
Covid was not why the Dow is down these last few days. That's because of Boeing, the GM strike, and fear of the Democrats getting stronger. Japan has some incredible buildings.

Totally under control. But it will be everyone elses fault if it gets worse.

SMH
February 26th, 2020 at 4:53:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Scary...

How long before Trump throws Pence under the bus when things eventually go sideways due to the virus.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 26th, 2020 at 5:02:56 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: terapined
How long before Trump throws Pence under the bus when things eventually go sideways due to the virus.
He'll let pence and all his minions get ground to dust first. Because to fire them too soon would put the ball back in his court. He needs to project and deflect first. Blame congress, Blame Obama, Blame Iran, The buck stops everywhere else.
This crisis will outpace him. It would outpace anyone. Difference is, trump will find a new and better way of quoting the infection rate. Alternative Numbers. The Dow might be a tougher number to fake.
Oh yeah. I forgot. He blamed his own Fed for much of the trouble. Chairman of the Fed is soon for the trap door.
February 26th, 2020 at 5:10:32 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Great press conference. I'm so relived we have the great one in charge.
February 26th, 2020 at 5:25:13 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: pew
Great press conference. I'm so relived we have the great one in charge.
Keep drinking the Kool-aid.