What I Ate Today

December 12th, 2021 at 11:27:39 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Not to put too fine a point on it, but that meal looks much what I would imagine gorilla vomit looks like.
December 12th, 2021 at 11:30:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
Not to put too fine a point on it, but that meal looks much what I would imagine gorilla vomit looks like.

Guess what? It's the last one you ever have to look at! I have found another place to post them.
So you can all sleep better tonight. In fact I'm done with this thread, buhbye..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 12th, 2021 at 11:31:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: OnceDear
Quote: Evenbob

You've surpassed yourself with that photo. $:o)

What's that supposed to mean. I take my pictures with a cheap cell phone because I'm lazy. That's why the picture quality is not good. Oh well
I'll be honest, EB.
Some of your foody creations sound healthy and delicious. But, being keen to get them in your tummy, you attend to what's important and to hell with what it looks like. I think you've addressed that observation before. I respect that. You don't post the photos here for anyone's benefit other than your own.
Some of the few foody photos that I have posted looked a bit 'hasty' too.
This photo did not whet my appetite. I'll leave it at that.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3087/70/#post180220
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 12th, 2021 at 11:54:36 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Guess what? It's the last one you ever have to look at! I have found another place to post them.
So you can all sleep better tonight. In fact I'm done with this thread, buhbye..

MrV was a bit harsh. Maybe I've been harsh myself.

Evenbob posts or does not post pictures of his food as he sees fit. Some look more appetising than others. We can't praise the presentation quality of all of them.
Maybe if we don't have anything nice to say we should say nothing.
December 12th, 2021 at 12:49:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
MrV was a bit harsh. Maybe I've been harsh myself.

No worries, I removed that burden for you. After today I'm blocking this thread and you guys can say whatever you want to each other. You must be ecstatic with anticipation, you get to share your extensive food knowledge with each other. And I don't have to read it. Win-win for everybody.
December 13th, 2021 at 6:05:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Imagine getting a bill for $1500 for this meal.

Quote:
One course at the restaurant in Lecce, Italy, was slivers of edible paper. Some were shots of vinegar. Another was fried cheese balls filled with what the servers repeatedly described as “rancid” ricotta.

Waiters served one course using eyedroppers to squirt liquid onto the diners’ plates. They then announced, “This has been infused with meat molecules,” and walked away, DeRuiter said.

But perhaps the most bizarre moment of the “4-hour hunger induced fever dream” came when servers brought out a course called “chef’s kiss” — citrus foam, served in a plaster cast that had been molded in the shape of the chefs’ mouths. On DeRuiter’s cast, some of the foam had escaped the parted lips and dribbled down.

She thought the waitstaff would bring them spoons they could use to scoop out the foam.

None came.

“We were told that we needed to kiss the mouth of the ramekin in order to slurp out the foam,” she told The Post. She added: “At that point, I was like, ‘Okay … this is a ‘Twilight Zone’ episode. I feel like I’m in a parody of what modernist cuisine is.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-travel-writer-s-bad-review-of-a-michelin-starred-restaurant-went-viral-the-chef-responded-with-images-of-horses/ar-AARLeqf?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2021 at 11:00:42 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: rxwine
You just cannot buy such great publicity with the regular marketing budget!
Masterstroke in the marketing department.
December 13th, 2021 at 12:18:48 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I enjoyed reading the posts about Indian food.

why don't we keep this thread going to piss Bob off. He blocked it but guess what? He'll know.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 13th, 2021 at 2:21:18 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: odiousgambit
I enjoyed reading the posts about Indian food.

why don't we keep this thread going to piss Bob off. He blocked it but guess what? He'll know.

Wifey and I are hooked on Culver’s. She gets the butter burger cheeseburger. I get the double butter bacon cheeseburger deluxe. Probably Italian tonight. I’m feeling eggplant parm.
December 13th, 2021 at 3:28:23 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Whoa! you can't say that on a public forum. She might read it and cut off your rations $:o)
What I think you meant to say is "My wife is a very specialized cook AND she makes an amazing Butter Chicken
$:o)

Anyhow...... The best chefs are men, Obviously. And the best men are chefs!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are all going to die, So Eat, drink and be merry.

not at all, she knows that she is not a good cook and i have told her many times.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.