Science and Religion

October 23rd, 2019 at 4:57:53 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Jung said a few years before he died
that those years when he did the work
greatly influenced the rest of his career.
The original book is in a museum and
is worth millions. It's so odd that it
wasn't published till he'd been dead
for almost 50 years.

I was told (not sure how true it is), that he wanted to wait 50 years after death for release because of some reason that I am forgetting.
October 23rd, 2019 at 5:01:56 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
As Evenbob himself seems to realize there is obviously some things in life that are supernatural. Science and observation can notice these things but not explain them. I think it is here that Bob demonstrates his faith. Taking hundreds of examples and stories and using this information to have faith in a universal consciousness and reincarnation. That is how faith works. In regards to faith in God the only difference might be that there are billions of examples and stories along with concerte history, logical arguments, and a worldview that understands the mystery of the human person that allows individuals and societies to thrive.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 23rd, 2019 at 6:58:28 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: FrGamble
As Evenbob himself seems to realize there is obviously some things in life that our supernatural. Science and observation can notice these things but not explain them. I think it is here that Bob demonstrates his faith. Taking hundreds of examples and stories and using this information to have faith in a universal consciousness and reincarnation. That is how faith works. In regards to faith in God the only difference might be that there are billions of examples and stories along with concerte history, logical arguments, and a worldview that understands the mystery of the human person that allows individuals and societies to thrive.

I don't want to speak for others.

But, my take is that his view on Jung is similar to mine, he is a unique writer who documents some unique experiences and experiments. That does not mean I worship and take seriously every word he writes.
October 23rd, 2019 at 11:05:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Taking hundreds of examples and stories and using this information to have faith in a universal consciousness and reincarnation.

Faith, hardly. Facts don't need faith.
It's a fact that lots of mothers knew
the instant their son died in war.
It's a fact that there are thousands
of cases where kids remember past
lives and it was proven that person
actually existed. You don't have a
single fact to support your beliefs,
all you have is wishful thinking.

I don't have a 'belief' in these things,
just like I don't have a belief the sun
will come up tomorrow. It's a fact
that it will. It's why there are 2500
versions of Xtionity, there are no
facts so nobody knows what to
believe.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2019 at 12:40:43 PM permalink
FrGamble
A culmination of facts have led to your faith in reincarnation and universal conciousness. Nothing wrong with that (even though I think there is not enough evidence and other explainations). A culmination of facts have led me to have faith in God. Nothing wrong with that (even though you think there is not enough evidence and other explinations).
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 23rd, 2019 at 12:47:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
A culmination of facts have led to your faith in reincarnation and universal conciousness... A culmination of facts have led me to have faith in God.

I have no faith in reincarnation.
The facts point to it being likely,
faith has nothing to do with it.

What facts led you to god, why
have you never presented them
here. What are you hiding. So
far all I've seen from you is
hearsay and guessing, no facts
at all. Certainly nothing that would
hold up under the scrutiny of
science.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2019 at 2:18:10 PM permalink
FrGamble

That is the definition of faith.

Quote:
What facts led you to god, why
have you never presented them
here. What are you hiding. So
far all I've seen from you is
hearsay and guessing, no facts
at all. Certainly nothing that would
hold up under the scrutiny of
science.

My life was changed when I encountered the unconditional love of Jesus Christ and gave my life to Him. He has been a constant help to me in my prayer and continues to make me into the best version of myself, He has a lot more work to do. I have also seen the love of Christ work in many, many, many peoples lives in my ministry and transform them in extraordinary ways as well. These are facts and you are welcome to scientifically exam them anytime you want. Besides this there are the examples of the saints, miracles, the testimony of billions of people, the miraculous history of the early Church after the Resurrection, the Scriptures, and unaided reason and logic that clearly shows that something cannot come from nothing. There is the distinction between contingency and non-contingency as well as the impossibility of a real infinite regress. The fact that if there is motion and life there must be an unmoved mover or a first cause. All of these things combined point to it being likely that there is a God and I have certain faith that there is.
October 23rd, 2019 at 2:28:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
faith has nothing to do with it.

How can the facts point to it if you are an atheist?

I don't really believe in it, but will say some powerful people have. They say Patton was convinced he was a great warrior in a previous life. We could use him back if he is right.
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2019 at 2:29:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
That is the definition of faith.

There are different kinds of faith.
Faith in a god you can't see or
prove in one kind, faith that the sun
will come up is another. I have
the god kind of faith in nothing.

Quote:
These are facts

Everything you posted is spin, it's
what your Church does best.
It's a few facts mixed in with a
bunch of opinion that proves
nothing.
October 23rd, 2019 at 10:33:03 PM permalink
FrGamble

Everything you posted is spin, it's
what your Church does best.
It's a few facts mixed in with a
bunch of opinion that proves
nothing.

I hate to break it to you but that's all you have as well in regards to reincarnation.