terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Quote: terapined
I'm a big Sacha Baron Cohen fan
The guy is hilarious
And
I totally agree with him regarding FB

None of this answers my original post about who does the censorship. SBC says to fact check the ad. We already know from the small group on this forum that we can't agree on what the "facts" are on almost anything. Both the lefties and the righties on the forum when presented with something they don't agree with immediately claim the source being quoted is biased. I don't know how we are ever going to dig ourselves out of this mess short of war.

Its not censorship
Its running a responsible company.
If the wizard sets rules and nukes somebody. Why cant FB have that same right?
Are you against the Wizards right to set rules and nuke members? I certainly support the Wizards rights on this.
If some obscene hate group wants to run their own ISP and create hate web sites
I have no problem with that. To be against that would be censorship
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 6th, 2019 at 9:22:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I'm a big Sacha Baron Cohen fan
The guy is hilarious
And
I totally agree with him regarding FB

None of this answers my original post about who does the censorship. SBC says to fact check the ad. We already know from the small group on this forum that we can't agree on what the "facts" are on almost anything. Both the lefties and the righties on the forum when presented with something they don't agree with immediately claim the source being quoted is biased. I don't know how we are ever going to dig ourselves out of this mess short of war.

Its not censorship
Its running a responsible company.
If the wizard sets rules and nukes somebody. Why cant FB have that same right?
Are you against the Wizards right to set rules and nuke members? I certainly support the Wizards rights on this.
If some obscene hate group wants to run their own ISP and create hate web sites
I have no problem with that. To be against that would be censorship

I am not sure of your position. Do you support the governments right to force Facebook to censor or not. If you don't then we are on the same side on this issue.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 6th, 2019 at 10:09:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

I am not sure of your position. Do you support the governments right to force Facebook to censor or not. If you don't then we are on the same side on this issue.

Since Zuckerberg himself is calling for government regulation of his own company why is it your business to tell him what to do?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 7th, 2019 at 5:29:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Good luck getting an answer. As usual he does not take many positions, just gives a feel-good platitude (e.g.: I condemn all violence) when his position becomes undefendable intellectually.
The President is a fink.
December 7th, 2019 at 7:40:49 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
Since Zuckerberg himself is calling for government regulation of his own company why is it your business to tell him what to do?

No sure why you think that. This is a quote from the current hearings.

"Facebook says its policy flows from its commitment to free speech. It says it does not want to judge whether political speech is true or not, and that users should be free to hear from politicians and make up their own minds."
December 7th, 2019 at 8:29:17 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Facebook is more worried about being held liable for the content that they allow to be posted.

If they start managing the content, they are taking responsibility for what they let through.

If they don't, they are just a pass-through for individuals.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 7th, 2019 at 9:15:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
No sure why you think that. This is a quote from the current hearings.

"Facebook says its policy flows from its commitment to free speech. It says it does not want to judge whether political speech is true or not, and that users should be free to hear from politicians and make up their own minds."

It was from here

https://reason.com/2019/04/05/mark-zuckerberg-calls-for-government-reg/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 7th, 2019 at 3:35:57 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Good luck getting an answer. As usual he does not take many positions, just gives a feel-good platitude (e.g.: I condemn all violence) when his position becomes undefendable intellectually.
Must be all that pot he always talks about lol 😂😂
December 7th, 2019 at 3:46:39 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine

That quote is from the Spring. He has modified his position since then. Bad business decision for a company to censor. As you said back in this thread let the courts decide. What company wants to be in court all the time defending their position. He doesn't really want the government doing it either but it is the lesser of 2 evils.
December 18th, 2019 at 6:23:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Tulsi voted “Present” on both Impeachment articles. (lololol)

Her Russian overlords didn’t want her voting to impeach their boy.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman