8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

September 8th, 2020 at 5:11:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Conservatives spread real hate and call it just my opinion. You're supposed to be fooled with their calm tones and words.

When conservatives complain that everyone is “too PC” these days what they’re really saying is they miss being able to spew their racist bile without consequence.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 8th, 2020 at 5:14:20 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
You are having a reading comprehension problem. I DON"T care if Harris cheated on her spouse. (she wasn't married, so she didn't). I care that she was sleeping with a guy, HER BOSS, who promoted her! How can you not understand that is worse, as far as suitability for public office, than sleazeball Trump sleeping with bimbos while he was married? Ok... if not worse, then DIFFERENT?
+100

Yep, the guy just totally ignores anything he doesn't like to hear. That's why I had to block him.

Quote: AZDuffman
It is about the same thing as always. Liberals despise the have to share the planet with those who do not agree with them. So they will try to destroy them and their liveleyhoods. Liberalism is about hate.
+100

Absolutely. Just look at the gays.
They got their little gay marriage legalized, they successfully brainwashed every American under 30 years old...................................yet they still have so much hate in their hearts!! I just don't get it man.....
September 8th, 2020 at 5:43:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Conservatives spread real hate and call it just my opinion. You're supposed to be fooled with their calm tones and words.

What kind of hate are conservatives spreading? I do not see conservatives threatening people at restaurants for example.
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2020 at 5:45:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Shrek

Absolutely. Just look at the gays.
They got their little gay marriage legalized, they successfully brainwashed every American under 30 years old...................................yet they still have so much hate in their hearts!! I just don't get it man.....

They just got it passed in CA that a 24 year old gay male can have his way with a 14 year old youth and not have to register as a sex offender.
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2020 at 6:10:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
When conservatives complain that everyone is “too PC” these days what they’re really saying is they miss being able to spew their racist bile without consequence.

Not true at all, some of us are misogynists not racists.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 8th, 2020 at 6:27:17 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
They just got it passed in CA that a 24 year old gay male can have his way with a 14 year old youth and not have to register as a sex offender.

This is a perfect example of how the gays want special rights, not equal rights. 😒
September 8th, 2020 at 6:30:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
This is a perfect example of how the gays want special rights, not equal rights. 😒

A gay man will not go for kids.

just kidding. I’m not an idiot to believe such a foolish thing
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 9th, 2020 at 4:58:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
True about the workers. You get paid on your output not on your "needs."

A business going under is one thing. Someone's livelyhood being destroyed because liberals are upset the the owner will not bend to their will is quite another. Like I said, liberalism is about hate.

Refusal to cater to certain customers is essentially virtue-signaling. You're basically taking the gamble that the customers you'll gain will more than offset the revenue that you're losing. And, again, boycotts are perfectly valid...as is legitimate public information on a business.

Like, "If you're x type person, this business will not serve you." How is that not valid to put out there? In a sense, it does both affected potential patrons and the business a favor, because patrons in that particular category will not attempt to give their business to that location anymore.

Also, turning customers away who are not disruptive is just bad business. If I owned a business and had a religious organization that wanted to patronize it, I'd be saying, "God bless you," to each and every one as they made their way out.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 9th, 2020 at 4:59:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288

I'm not a Conservative and I have no racist bile to spread.

Everyone is too PC these days.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 9th, 2020 at 5:18:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler

I generally feel the same way. My view is personal life should be personal.

That's pretty much the root of it.

Quote:
Employers should not be able to hold legal (now if you break the law of course its different) political involvement against you. If somebody is a true NeoNazi and attends an illegal event with a gang they probably have a criminal record. If somebody is a "NeoNazi" because they posted "build the wall keep them out" on Facebook (a common reaction to that kind of post), that should be free speech.

I agree that they shouldn't do it, but I'm not sure that there should be an actual law that prevents them from doing it. Reason #1 is because I'm just not sure. Reason #2 is because it wouldn't be really enforceable...like anything else, you just trump up some excuse to get rid of them.

Either way, I agree. The reason that Free Speech is protected in this country is so that the Government can't do what cancel culture has now essentially taken it upon itself to do.

Quote:
Now I can't stand Trump, more than almost anyone, both politically and personally. But, I will admit, that I have seen Trump supporters targeted (sometimes for just sharing stuff from the Presidents own FB wall) for employer retaliation in a way that I have never seen before. Granted as people like to point out, I am not old, but I am old enough to be social media active (not anymore, but until recently), for every President since the rise of social media in the early 2000s, and I have never seen it like this. I honestly know a lot of people who support Trump who are afraid to share their views because of personal or employer backlash, I have never seen it like this before. As much as I hate Trump, if you feel afraid for your life or livelihood to support (somebody who is sadly the current President), openly, that is not right.

Agree 100%.

Quote:
And, its easy for us on the left to say "good I hope they are afraid to show their support", but that is the wrong attitude because A. Freedom of Speech, and B. One day it could happen to use if a divisive Democrat becomes President. You always need to be able to look at things from both sides.

Also, I know you are a libertarian, that can be socially dangerous (I know from past experience), maybe not to the extent of being a Trump supporter, but its a great way to get mocked by both parties (and that is not meant to be an insult to you, I am just saying how the moderates in both parties generally feel about traditional libertarians).

I agree with the first paragraph. More than that, it's not just about Trump, but also about people being canceled just for underlying political ideas. Saying, "Build the wall," for example, does not make someone a racist. Disagreeing with BLM does not mean a person is a racist. Etc.

I don't mind being mocked by both parties. I can take it just as well as I can give it. ;)