8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 14th, 2020 at 12:06:32 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Well put! I'd like to hear Bernie try and answer that one...... I would ask him this..... and I'll let any Lib/Dem here answer if they wish...

"If healthcare is a basic human right, and you want the government to pay for it for everyone, why don't you want the government to provide housing for everyone, and food as well?" Is food not a basic human right? Housing?

Nah, you don't get to ask this question when EVERY conservative on this board has FAILED to answer THIS question, which I've posed several times:

"If the healthcare is better in Austrailia, LIKE YOU SAY, Mr. President, why can't the United States adopt a similar plan? And why do you keep saying you are fighting to protect people with pre-existing conditions, like at your state of the union speech, when your administration is fighting every effort in court to SAVE that provision in the ACA? Why do you continue to lie to Americans? Do you think we're ALL stupid and won't know or just your base?"

Just for the record, EVERY time I have posted this video where Trump ADMITS that universal health care is BETTER than the system we have here, EVERY time, EVEYR conservative has ignored it and not responded.

And you want answers from Bernie? Puh-lease. Start demanding answers from your liar-in-chief and then maybe we can have an honest and REAL debate about the FACTS.
February 14th, 2020 at 12:26:49 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
^^this guy
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 14th, 2020 at 1:01:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How can US manufacturing compete in an interconnected world, where we are the only 1st world country that doesn't have socialized medicine?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 14th, 2020 at 1:07:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
How can US manufacturing compete in an interconnected world, where we are the only 1st world country that doesn't have socialized medicine?

Pretty simple. Make a better product and use the lower taxes to be more efficient.

Better question is how can us manufacturing compete with the slave labor of China and other third world nations?
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2020 at 1:14:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
Yup, this is what I want in the WH.
He's got my vote..

I'm sure that photo will deter many of the old rust belt folks, but I wonder how many millenials and gen Z will vote for Buttigeg to prove they aren't homophobic?
February 14th, 2020 at 1:19:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Pretty simple. Make a better product and use the lower taxes to be more efficient.

Better question is how can us manufacturing compete with the slave labor of China and other third world nations?
Can't talk Boeing into making a better product when their entire reasoning is next quarter profits.

What we produce is FIRE sector products, because manufacturing was driven offshore, partly because of the price of manufacturers cost for health care. And it isn't just the 7% of American workers that are unionized that's killed it. It's next quarter thinking, and the priorities of TBTF.
February 14th, 2020 at 2:06:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I'm sensing a campaign slogan. lol

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 14th, 2020 at 2:09:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Actor James Woods put this on
Twitter. Sobering.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 14th, 2020 at 2:35:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Actor James Woods

Who?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 14th, 2020 at 2:47:56 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
I'm sensing a campaign slogan. lol

Not hard to ascertain what he was saying. I'd like to see the whole segment to see the context.

But if you really think about this quote and then watch the Ted talk below (one of the best Ted talks you could watch if you're interested in politis), you can understand what he was trying to say.

If we continue to let the very few dictate the legislation that affects the masses, that "corruption" will then in turn affect every other issue we face as a society. If we continue to let the politicians pick the voters, then the minority doesn't matter. They can be written off and ignored. We are talking MILLIONS of people that are just irrelevant. How is this democracy?

Take gun control, just as an example. After Sandy Hook, support for background checks were through the roof. Yet, it didn't get done. We live in a country where 85%+ of us WANTED something done but Congress sat on it.

Take just last week. Support for impeachment witnesses were around 75%. Yet, we didn't get witnesses. (Cracks me up to hear Republicans say, "we should let the voters decide", and then they vote to DEPRIVE the voters of the very information that would HELP them decide. Even "the poorly educated" that Trump loves so much should be able to figure this one out.)

We live in a country where time and time again the majority of us want something and it doesn't get done because of big money and organized special interest. That should piss us off. That should UNITE us, not divide us.