Women Unhated

Page 4 of 15<1234567>Last »
April 24th, 2018 at 8:07:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Merriam Webster

unhate - Wiktionary

English[edit]. Etymology 1[edit]. From un- + hate (verb). Verb[edit]. unhate (third-person singular simple present unhates, present participle unhating, simple past and past participle unhated). (transitive) To leave off, cease, or desist from hating.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 25th, 2018 at 12:35:09 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Making an observation, does not equal hate. Even if it is opinionated. I don't hate anyone, don't recall that I ever have.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 25th, 2018 at 1:04:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: petroglyph
Making an observation, does not equal hate. Even if it is opinionated. I don't hate anyone, don't recall that I ever have.

Depends on what it is.

How can "a good indian is a dead indian" not be hateful? It doesn't take the actual factual information that Indians in every tribe were not alike. It doesn't even recognize that even native Americans in the same warring tribe weren't all thinking with the same brain. Some probably vehemently disagreed with their leadership, just like any community.

Btw, that's a disputed quote, but it is attributed to one guy in particular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Sheridan
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2018 at 1:13:50 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Depends on what it is.

How can "a good indian is a dead indian" not be hateful?
Do you hate indians?

That is one way.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 25th, 2018 at 2:21:32 AM permalink
rxwine
People seem to think that genteel way old antebellum Southerners spoke their opinions about their slaves was appreciated by their slaves because it's said in a nice tone.

It's not. It's repugnant.

Hateful opinions are disgusting regardless of presentation or lack of emotional connection to hate. That's called dehumanization. Any Nazis exchanging pleasantries while gassing prisoners were no better than the ones who openly hated the prisoners. All the same.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2018 at 2:24:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I understand the premise of the thread. However the line between women trashing men, or men trashing women is often crossed as soon as someone with an axe to grind shows up.

The problem is that in modern society it is allowed and even encouraged to trash men. Say one negative but true thing about women and you are a sexist and misogynist. Feminists love using the later word, seem to think it makes them look smarter or something

Speaking of feminism, I just read how there are now co-working spaces that rent only to women. Men are welcome only as far as the conference room if and only if they are there for some sort of meeting. Logic is "women need their own spaces." What a joke! On one hand, we hear feminists scream from the heavens that women can do anything men can do. That there should be no male-only spaces or schools, it is sexist. But somehow women have to be able and allowed to work alone, without all those scary men around.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2018 at 2:47:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Double standards exist on both sides. Aggressive men are forceful executives; aggressive women still often get labeled as bitchy or difficult. Women get judged heavily by having too many sexual partners. Men get labeled as studs. Women usually get shamed more for being overweight than men. Men can get by with it easier.

All these things are variable and change somewhat over time, but usually get replaced with something else. Maybe double standards exist more on one side or the other, but I know they exist on both sides.
April 25th, 2018 at 3:37:12 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: petroglyph

I wasn't referring to you. The other two who have been going back and forth making it sound like all women are jailers after marriage.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 25th, 2018 at 5:16:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I wasn't referring to you. The other two who have been going back and forth making it sound like all women are jailers after marriage.

Not "all." Just such a majority that more and more of us prefer to go MGTOW.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2018 at 5:30:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think it is possible to conclude a guy needs to find "the right woman" and not overthink this. A lot of un-acceptables out there.

at the same time, another example of how it is possible to take a look at the other sex in a non-hateful way and notice some things not all complimentary is the Billy Joel song "always a woman to me". Not complimentary such as "casual lies" ... yet he ends it with "she's always a woman to me" which I interpret to mean 'this is the eternal feminine' nonetheless I still love women

the lyrics, easily googled,

She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child but she's always a woman to me
She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe you
And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
Yeah she steals like a thief but she's always a woman to me
Oh, she takes care of herself, she can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh, she never gives out and she never gives in