Women Unhated

Page 15 of 15« First<12131415
May 4th, 2018 at 6:13:52 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: petroglyph
I asked you, parent to parent.

I still say the timing of the question, after BBB's story, is awful. Yes, of course, I think it is a bad idea for a 15-year-old girl to have an 18-year-old boyfriend. There is a big difference between 15 and 18. It also brings up legal issues, as the boy is a legal adult, and the girl a minor.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 4th, 2018 at 6:21:33 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: kenarman
What difference would a signed contract make. You point is that a women (or man) can say no at any point in the act. I think your logic is upon pretty shaky ground if a written contract makes a difference. All a written contract does is confirm that there was agreement between the parties at some point, likely prior to the act. If that is your stance then that also means the courts are able in some circumstances to give full credence to implied contracts and you have lost the black and white position you are taking.

I think you may misunderstand the position. I oppose mandating contracts before physical contact. I brought it up because some colleges have required them for students before getting physical, in any way.

I'm also not attempting to define exactly what constitutes rape in a legal sense. I will say that "no" means no and must always be respected. Of course, one could always create a hypothetical situation where it wasn't clear if "no" was being conveyed.

I forgot what our point of departure is. My basic point is everybody has the right to stay define their limits and the other party must respect them. I cannot conceive of any situation, like a frat house party, where such rights are ceded.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 4th, 2018 at 9:13:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I will say that "no" means no and must always be respected.

I have always found this argument
redundant. Name a situation where
no means anything else but no.

Tell a barber to quit cutting your
hair, or your kid to quit washing
your car. Name any situation where
no means yes. Why did they have
to single out sex when it's true in
every situation you can name.

I'll tell you where it came from.
Women. Because women will
often say no to something and
they really mean 'maybe'. We can't
tell what they want so it got to
the point that women had to
blatantly say NO means NO. And
often it's STILL not true, a woman
will say no, we shouldn't, but they
really mean it's OK.

Is it any wonder some men are totally
confused?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2018 at 2:23:40 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Page 15 of 15« First<12131415