The humble pig

Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
April 17th, 2018 at 1:25:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
Keep in mind, three, that our white pigs .

The swine that the Jews had are
not the pigs we have today. They
were much uglier and hairy and
terrifying. And vicious. They hunted
in packs and ate humans when they
could. Not very appetising prospects.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 17th, 2018 at 1:34:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Keep in mind, three, that our white pigs we made don't have the thick, dark hair of their feral brethren necessary to protect from the sun, and they burn just as we do. And since Johnson and Johnson doesn't make pig protection, mud it shall be.

That too.

Speaking of pigs, I've been wondering whether politicians in democratic societies adapt to voter selection, not in their policies but in their manner and personality. Or whether so many of them are naturally-born buffoons.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 17th, 2018 at 2:07:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Pacomartin
Another argument is that chickens require about half as much water as pigs to produce the same amount of meat. Chickens also lay eggs. In a desert climate, the chicken was more valuable. Another reason is that if you start to eat a chicken you can finish it before it goes bad in the hot sun.
Another reason chickens are good is if you live a country type lifestyle, chickens eat a mess of bugs. You can visually see homes up north that keep some chickens around. But the bugs those chickens eat, probably just feasted on a dead pig, so there's that.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 17th, 2018 at 2:21:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: SOOPOO
As an inquisitive young lad I asked my (Jewish) religious elders about why we (in theory) don't eat pork, or lobster, etc.... The best answer I ever got was not about safety (trichinosis), but rather that "because God tells us not to. All other answers are guesses". Since so many religious rituals make no inherent sense, why would this one be expected to?
How did circumcision get started, and why is it so popular?

At one time was that used to separate Jews from non Jews? Or is it some aesthetic or hygienic thing?
April 17th, 2018 at 2:27:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
I raised quite a few pigs. Another reason they don't seem as vicious is they usually get slaughtered around 6 months of age, just about the time the boars get sexually active.

I never had breeder pigs, but have been amazed at their strength and ability to jump. Also have been attacked by two different ones on different occasions. Never say it coming.

Anybody that's raised them has stories. I will say that by the time pigs are big enough to slaughter, I was usually PO'd at them enough to do the job. Escape artists they are. They are what they eat.
April 17th, 2018 at 3:12:12 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
. And since Johnson and Johnson doesn't make pig protection, mud it shall be.

You are very naive, there is sunscreen for pigs.

http://healthypigs.easystorecreator.com/items/hair-and-skin-care-items/pbpsuncreen-detail.htm
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 17th, 2018 at 3:25:19 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: petroglyph
Anybody that's raised them has stories.

I have never owned a pig but the family across the street did when I was a kid, which was highly unusual for a residential neighborhood. They got it when it was the size of a large cat but boy did it grow. Anyway, once I went over to said house to see if my friend could play. Nobody was home but the pig escaped from its pen and got into the house somehow. You could see it through the window roaming around and just making a huge mess of the place. Not long after that, the pig quietly disappeared. Wouldn't surprise me if they had pork chops for dinner for a long time afterward.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 17th, 2018 at 3:46:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

This is true of most domesticated farm animals. Selective breeding. Chickens, cows, horses, pigs. None are like they were even 100 years ago now.
The President is a fink.
April 17th, 2018 at 3:50:46 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph
How did circumcision get started, and why is it so popular?

At one time was that used to separate Jews from non Jews? Or is it some aesthetic or hygienic thing?

Same answer really. If you believe in God you believe it is his will. Man then interprets it by thinking it is because of health concerns. I have been involved with many adult circumcisions, because anesthesia is required for the suffering male. As much as they must try to clean it the success rate is very low.
April 17th, 2018 at 4:38:32 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: SOOPOO
I have been involved with many adult circumcisions, because anesthesia is required for the suffering male.

At the risk of changing the topic, what is the reason an adult man would choose to do this?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »