April 2nd, 2018 at 12:35:13 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: terapined
Congrats to Notre Dame
Incredible game
Incredible game winning shot
They deserved it after beating UCONN to get to the finals.

Unless Jesus is Notre Dame fan, you put this in the wrong thread.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 2nd, 2018 at 1:05:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
is the crucifixion (hard word spell) from Judas' point of view. I think that is why conservative Christians hate it so much.

They hate it because it’s a lighthearted take
on something that they take very seriously.
They butchered the real story to put on a
play. And you're right, because Judas is
portrayed as a sympathetic person rather
than a despicable villain, it galls
them no end. It also portrays Jesus as
some weak guy who's in way over his
head. That's not how Xtions see Jesus
at all, but it's probably exactly who he
was.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 2nd, 2018 at 1:09:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

FYI
Mosca wanted to watch JCSS
but the game was on at the same time
I also watched the game

I know Mosca is a huge ND Women's basketball fan.
I have lost money to him betting on Women's basketball

Just wanted to congratulate Mosca's team in this thread since he posted in this thread that he watched the game

Jesus must be a ND fan. They have a statue on campus called Touchdown Jesus :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 2nd, 2018 at 1:14:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I checked my cable subscription, says JCSS is free to watch on demand until the 8th. Maybe I'll check it out tonight.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 2nd, 2018 at 1:33:32 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
The other characters may have been toned their performances down just a bit to let him shine brighter.

It's possible, but it seems to me that it is more the way the score is written. John Legend gets angry a few times, but his role calls for him mostly not to protest other people, except when he is wrestling with himself. Mary's role is largely deeply concerned and with angelic singing.

Pilate has a surprisingly poignant song. I have to admit I forgot about that number, or I never remembered it quite so beautiful. The 1973 movie version delivery is more like a spoken poetry.

April 2nd, 2018 at 1:34:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67

I heard Lou Holtz once said, "Jesus couldn't care less about sports at Notre Dame, but His mother sure thinks we are the best."
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 2nd, 2018 at 1:54:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Btw, we had Sunday school program on the original show way back when.

I think the intent of the church elders was to put the kibosh on the popularity and the influence it was having on Christian kids, and stress that there was plenty of debatable material that didn't sit well with the old folks.

Had I known how debatable the whole original Holy script was, I might have been even less interested. As it was, we listened to tracks of the music and then we would talk about what it meant, and then our appointed leader might add the cautionary dialogue about whether something or other actually was true or even happened.

IMO, most of that was just an interruption to listening to some new popular tracks of music at the time. The only thing I remember is some of the music.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 2nd, 2018 at 2:11:40 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
FYI
Mosca wanted to watch JCSS
but the game was on at the same time
I also watched the game

I know Mosca is a huge ND Women's basketball fan.
I have lost money to him betting on Women's basketball

Just wanted to congratulate Mosca's team in this thread since he posted in this thread that he watched the game

Jesus must be a ND fan. They have a statue on campus called Touchdown Jesus :-)

We were checking in on JCSS during breaks in the game, it was riveting. Hard to switch away from. Thank goodness for HDD recorders.
April 2nd, 2018 at 2:28:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Just listened to a few of the songs and I loved it. Can't wait to watch the whole thing. I really like the JCS 2000 version so it will be hard to beat.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 2nd, 2018 at 4:49:36 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine
I checked my cable subscription, says JCSS is free to watch on demand until the 8th. Maybe I'll check it out tonight.

Nice. It's also available full-length on the nbc.Com website. If you download the app to your phone, you can Cast it to the TV in HD also.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 2 of 4<1234>