March for our lives

March 26th, 2018 at 11:27:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
You mean they don't kill people all on their own like guns do?

Even Republicans wouldn't be stupid enough to let people carry military grade hand grenades on the theory that objects don't kill people.

I should say principle not theory.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 26th, 2018 at 11:39:22 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Guns and SUV's have minds of their
own, they don't need people to
operate them. That's how it always
reads in the news. "An SUV killed an
old lady in a crosswalk today." The
driver was in Starbucks getting coffee,
I guess..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2018 at 11:47:06 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Even Republicans wouldn't be stupid enough
Neither of you is stupid. Although both sides have useful idiots.

I think of the red/blue divide as Soros v Koch brothers. America isn't the land of independent critical thinkers anymore. Soundbite diplomacy.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 26th, 2018 at 12:07:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Nope, but people don't generally stock bombs in their home, carry them in holsters, conceal them in their clothes, hide them in their cars, buy them by the thousands all ready to be used in a second or two.

And most aren't even assembled. You have to make them.

So you are saying more gun control is silly because it is the person not the object?
The President is a fink.
March 26th, 2018 at 12:07:46 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
17 parts ammonium nitrate, 3 parts ammonium perchlorate. It's called "tannerite". Mix it together and hit it hard and you can send your refrigerator across the state.

'Bout $7 a pound if you buy by the boom. Buy in bulk and the price drops precipitously. Order it this second and I'll be delivering it to you tomorrow morning. No black market, no dark web. Walk right into Bass Pro or hop on Amazon or any number of chemical co.'s or....
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 26th, 2018 at 12:21:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
17 parts ammonium nitrate, 3 parts ammonium perchlorate. It's called "tannerite". Mix it together and hit it hard and you can send your refrigerator across the state.

'Bout $7 a pound if you buy by the boom. Buy in bulk and the price drops precipitously. Order it this second and I'll be delivering it to you tomorrow morning. No black market, no dark web. Walk right into Bass Pro or hop on Amazon or any number of chemical co.'s or....

Yeah, but I understand the Feds have been watching that. If the Vegas shooter had hit his cache (60lbs I think) we'd be hearing a discussion about the availability. From what I understand it takes at least a high velocity round to set it off. Not even a hammer will explode. (I'm not gonna test that, but you can :)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 26th, 2018 at 12:33:12 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

You keep putting forth this strawman.

Insert "X doesn't kill people" for whatever you want, it doesn't make it a valid argument. Nuclear bombs don't kill people. You can use a mini-nuke as a coffee table. Does it kill whoever comes into the room?

Why can't we have a semi-automatic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM174_grenade_launcher ? They don't kill people.

The second amendment doesn't say "Guns don't kill people, the people's right to bear arms shall not be infringed"
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2018 at 1:02:40 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Dalex64
Why can't we have a semi-automatic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM174_grenade_launcher ?

Dalex in the house, asking the real questions. I'm with you, man. Tired of digging up these GD ground bees.

petro, you got any M79's in your parts? Spring is here and I need it.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 26th, 2018 at 1:43:54 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Face
Dalex in the house, asking the real questions. I'm with you, man. Tired of digging up these GD ground bees.

petro, you got any M79's in your parts? Spring is here and I need it.

We had heard if you put a trickle of water over the hive, it would very slowly flood it and 'humanely' entice them to move. It worked once, but not the second time - they were in the gravel shoulder of the newly paved road, and I think their hive went under the road, and the shoulder did its job by draining the water away and leaving them nice and dry.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2018 at 2:45:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Dalex64
You keep putting forth this strawman.

Insert "X doesn't kill people" for whatever you want, it doesn't make it a valid argument. Nuclear bombs don't kill people. You can use a mini-nuke as a coffee table. Does it kill whoever comes into the room?

Why can't we have a semi-automatic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM174_grenade_launcher ? They don't kill people.

The second amendment doesn't say "Guns don't kill people, the people's right to bear arms shall not be infringed"
You bring up grenade launchers, mini nukes, then misquote the 2nd which I did not quote, and then accuse me of creating strawman?

I was using satire to explain to what I believe was intentional obtuseness in understanding the statement that I quoted of senator Rand Paul. How and where do I "keep putting forth this strawman"? bs
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW