March for our lives

Page 4 of 14<1234567>Last »
March 25th, 2018 at 6:58:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
"As Rand Paul said, notice how all these liberals were quick to blame the terrorist for the Austin bombings rather than the bombs! A bit of a double standard don't you think?"

Its about numbers
Deaths from bombs tiny
Deaths from guns gigantic
Guns are a problem
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 25th, 2018 at 7:13:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Its about numbers
Deaths from bombs tiny
Guns are a problem
Who's responsible for drowning deaths, water?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 25th, 2018 at 7:30:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Its about numbers
Deaths from bombs tiny
Guns are a problem

What about the 30K plus kids a year in the USA that die from whooping cough because people won't get their kids vaccinated. Is that a large enough number. No marches about that. Media doesn't even mention it, not sexy enough doesn't get ratings.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 25th, 2018 at 11:39:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
What about the 30K plus kids a year in the USA that die from whooping cough because people won't get their kids vaccinated. Is that a large enough number. No marches about that. Media doesn't even mention it, not sexy enough doesn't get ratings.

Some people are activists for treatment or cures for very rare diseases that hardly affect anyone.. I don't see a problem with it.

Hella of lot better than complaining about high school kids who are trying to get adults to do something.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 26th, 2018 at 12:37:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
What about the 30K plus kids a year in the USA that die from whooping cough.

Don't confuse them with facts. Guns bad, must
take away.

What this is actually about is, Left against
Right, not people dying. The Right loves
guns, the Left doesn't want the Right
having anything that makes it happy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2018 at 3:07:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
"As Rand Paul said, notice how all these liberals were quick to blame the terrorist for the Austin bombings rather than the bombs! A bit of a double standard don't you think?"

So, Rand Paul somehow concludes we wouldn't be for tight controls on explosives? That's some messed up conclusion. He should put that up for a vote -- every Dem in congress would vote for super tight controls on explosives. Not even a doubt there. Rand Paul needs more sleep maybe before thinking.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 26th, 2018 at 3:30:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
So, Rand Paul somehow concludes we wouldn't be for tight controls on explosives? That's some messed up conclusion. He should put that up for a vote -- every Dem in congress would vote for super tight controls on explosives. Not even a doubt there. Rand Paul needs more sleep maybe before thinking.

Well, where are the liberal calls to ban explosives? I have to agree with Rand, I do not see it. I don't see any marches or even any FB memes to ban explosives.

I don't really see the need for a vote, though. Just pass a law that says it is illegal to try to kill someone with a package bomb.
The President is a fink.
March 26th, 2018 at 5:03:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

If this is an issue you care about
Why aren't you organizing a march regarding this?
I was ok with the tea party protests.
Different strokes for different folks regarding causes
You seem to have a real problem with March for their lives

This country has a problem with mass shootings at schools
Why does this county have this problem and other countries don't?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 26th, 2018 at 7:11:28 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
If this is an issue you care about
Why aren't you organizing a march regarding this?
I was ok with the tea party protests.
Different strokes for different folks regarding causes
You seem to have a real problem with March for their lives

This country has a problem with mass shootings at schools
Why does this county have this problem and other countries don't?

The US is not the only country with mass shootings. The US has more mass shootings. The US has more guns. The problem I have is that too many people think that reducing the number of guns will result in less shootings. As much as that might seem obvious it does not follow. Earlier in the thread I presented a comparison between the number of shootings in the US and Canada and the gun ownership per capita. No relation between the numbers in the two countries. What the US has is a culture where the population is much more ready to grab a gun to solve a problem. This will not be solved by the government forcing reduction of gun ownership. I believe that all the media coverage and push against guns actually keeps reminding those that see shooting as a solution to consider a gun to solve their problems.

The main problem I have with the marches is that they are not organized by the kids and they are not even really about guns. Give your head a shake if you think a few high school kids put together the logistics to get 500K + people to DC. The marches are simply more of the same lefties against righties with the actual end game the same as it always is, get rid of Trump. That is why you didn't see the marches when Obama was in power, same killing, same problem but the lefties guy was in power so they had construct the protests differently.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 26th, 2018 at 7:34:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
So, Rand Paul somehow concludes we wouldn't be for tight controls on explosives?

See, the reason they attack the kids instead of the argument, is they have no argument of their own.

Explosives and explosive components are already controlled. You can still make some kinds of explosives because it's not possible for the world to function if you banned all possible components. There may be refinements left, but most of what can be done has been done. You cannot, for example, go to Walmart and buy a few pounds of C-4, TNT, or nitroglycerin. You can't even buy large amounts of fertilizer and diesel oil without setting off alarms to alert the authorities.

Next, demanding a solution to a problem does not mena setting all other problems aside. Nor does it require solving al other problems first. At the time of the American Revolution, things were much worse in places like Haiti (Saint Domingue), many other Caribbean islands, Mexico, Brazil, and most Spanish possessions. Shouldn't the much-vaunted Founding Fathers have solved all those issues before embarking on their revolution?

Come straight out and say that heroic fantasies and gun fetishes trump the lives of schoolchildren.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 4 of 14<1234567>Last »