March for our lives

March 26th, 2018 at 10:08:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
The US is not the only country with mass shootings. The US has more mass shootings. The US has more guns. The problem I have is that too many people think that reducing the number of guns will result in less shootings. As much as that might seem obvious it does not follow. Earlier in the thread I presented a comparison between the number of shootings in the US and Canada and the gun ownership per capita. No relation between the numbers in the two countries. What the US has is a culture where the population is much more ready to grab a gun to solve a problem. This will not be solved by the government forcing reduction of gun ownership. I believe that all the media coverage and push against guns actually keeps reminding those that see shooting as a solution to consider a gun to solve their problems.

The main problem I have with the marches is that they are not organized by the kids and they are not even really about guns. Give your head a shake if you think a few high school kids put together the logistics to get 500K + people to DC. The marches are simply more of the same lefties against righties with the actual end game the same as it always is, get rid of Trump. That is why you didn't see the marches when Obama was in power, same killing, same problem but the lefties guy was in power so they had construct the protests differently.

+1. The kids get the group nomination for “useful idiot of the month.”

Sad part is so many people honestly believe the kids did more than show up.
The President is a fink.
March 26th, 2018 at 10:18:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The Nazi salute was a nice touch. This
image went all over the world. Zeig heil..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2018 at 10:27:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
The Nazi salute was a nice touch. This
image went all over the world. Zeig heil..

Appears the actual number is way lower than they said it was. Limbaugh was doing flashbacks to million man march of 1990s.
Million man
The President is a fink.
March 26th, 2018 at 10:41:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, where are the liberal calls to ban explosives? I have to agree with Rand, I do not see it. I don't see any marches or even any FB memes to ban explosives.

I don't really see the need for a vote, though. Just pass a law that says it is illegal to try to kill someone with a package bomb.

When the columbine school shooting happened there was no need for someone to say, we need to ban pipe bombs? (they're illegal)

Do you get it now?

And generally (afaik) the majority of adults don't keep stores of legal bombs in their homes like they do guns.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 26th, 2018 at 10:46:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

Appears the actual number is way lower than they said it was. Limbaugh was doing flashbacks to million man march of 1990s.
Million man

What there are millions of, is guns. Over
300 million legal guns in the US, with
thousands more added every day. An
armed populace is a safe populace.

The first thing Hitler did was go door
to door in Germany taking away every
gun. Then he went door to door hauling
Jews off to death camps ounce they
had no way to defend themselves.

Won't happen here.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2018 at 10:53:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The numbers amaze
How many attended the Tea party protests
A couple thousand?
ROTFL
I am still amazed
1.5 million all over the planet.
At least 800k in Washington DC
Incredible
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 26th, 2018 at 10:58:27 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: petroglyph
"As Rand Paul said, notice how all these liberals were quick to blame the terrorist for the Austin bombings rather than the bombs! A bit of a double standard don't you think?"
You know when I quoted Rand, I didn't realize that part of this group wouldn't understand? I will try to help.

He points out that liberals [humans] can figure out easily that when a package bomb kills someone, the bomb didn't create itself and hop into a box, reach out and apply an address label to it's intended target, and blow up to kill somebody, all on it's own without a human being helping it. Easy enough concept, right? The bomb didn't make that all on it's own. It needed a human, a person, because inanimate objects can't do that. People realized it was a persons fault. So they don't have marches against explosives because they have realized, bombs can't do that all on their own.

In this case liberals know that bombs don't kill people, people kill people. But in the case of guns, they [liberals] blame guns, not the shooter. So it's not the concept that escapes them. It is an agenda.

The double standard Rand refers to is......generally speaking, it is the left wing of politic that march and protest against metal and propellant and projectiles. A bit of sarcasm perhaps on Rands part, to point out that in one instance the liberals blame an inanimate object [ guns] and in another instance the liberals blame [the person] who facilitated the killing.

Hope this helps.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 26th, 2018 at 11:18:05 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
When the columbine school shooting happened there was no need for someone to say, we need to ban pipe bombs? (they're illegal)

Do you get it now?
So you are saying guns were legal in school at Columbine?
March 26th, 2018 at 11:23:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: petroglyph
So you are saying guns were legal in school at Columbine?

Nope, but people don't generally stock bombs in their home, carry them in holsters, conceal them in their clothes, hide them in their cars, buy them by the thousands all ready to be used in a second or two.

And most aren't even assembled. You have to make them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 26th, 2018 at 11:24:59 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
Nope, but people don't generally stock bombs in their home, carry them in holsters, conceal them in their clothes, hide them in their cars, buy them by the thousands all ready to be used in a second or two.

And most aren't even assembled. You have to make them.
You mean they don't kill people all on their own like guns do?