The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 18th, 2020 at 5:03:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
I don't think I ever said that one, but I'll add it to my list.

Trump is smart enough to fool you. That's good enough apparently.

He is a professional brand-maker. He has been selling his image his whole adult life. He knows how to work crowds. Much of his net worth is the value of his brand (his name).
January 18th, 2020 at 10:52:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
It's amazing how many times his supporters have to buy the statement he often makes when he says someone he has worked with has lied about him.

It goes way back.

I guess they believe it all. Incredible. How naïve do you have to be, to believe that level of BS from this man?

_
_
_
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2020 at 4:22:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I guess they believe it all. Incredible. How naïve do you have to be, to believe that level of BS from this man?

The level BS from this man? Gee, it as if we have not seen an escalating level of BS from politicians over the years. He may be an example to the extreme side of it, but you won't be rid of BS if you get rid of him. We have a whole clown show in Congress that exudes BS at every turn. We have judges that decide cases not based on the Constitution but based on their beliefs (which is why many decisions get overturned). Politics is a clown show and maybe it has been for a long time. Getting rid of Bad Orange Man will just bring us another clown with a different makeup artist.

Nancy Pelosi told us that impeachment was a solemn and serious thing. Then she goes on the Bill Mahrer show and laughs about it. She's second in line to be President behind Pence.

I wish all politicians, including the President, had more regard for the truth and facts.

The people have the ability to decide in November whether they want four more years of a guy who is a lot of bluster, has truth issues, and has also led the country to a lot of successes or if they want to give someone else a spin. The Democrats are so convinced that they will have trouble beating him that they took a shortcut to impeachment to see if they could get him that way. If they really had a good, solid case, they could use all their efforts to keep the House, win the Senate, and take the Presidency. Instead they have a guy who has done little in the Senate, a bad mayor, a fake Indian, another guy who has a Ukraine problem and a son who just keeps getting great jobs with no qualifications, a Billionaire who I am sure is perfect, and some other folks running for President.

After typing that, I see why they felt the need to impeach.
January 19th, 2020 at 4:29:03 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Holy Crap!

"Former independent counsel Kenneth Starr and Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz have joined President Donald Trump’s impeachment legal team ahead of the Senate’s upcoming trial.

“Professor Dershowitz will present oral arguments at the Senate trial to address the constitutional arguments against impeachment and removal,” a spokesperson for the legal team said in a statement Friday.

A major Dem law professor is on
Trump's team. Holy Crap.

"The president asked me to do this, and the legal team asked me to do this,” Dershowitz said in an interview with CNBC"

Yep, even though Alan Dershowitz is a Dem, he's one of the few Dems who has honor & integrity. (I am another registered Dem who has honor & integrity. Me and Dershowitz are few and far between)

So you always say Trump is
so stupid he can't get out
of his own way. Now you say
he's so smart he knows all
the names of the over 3500
people who work staff positions
at the WH, and he personally
vetted all of them himself.

Which is it, he can't be as
stupid as you say he is if
he does all that.

The libbies don't even know how ridiculous they sound lol. On the one hand, Trump is dumber than dirt and can barely tie his shoelaces. But on the other hand, he's so so so smart and uses his brilliant mind to concoct ingenious schemes!

Ah, those libbies.... 🤣🤣🤣
January 19th, 2020 at 10:56:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
He is a professional brand-maker. He has been selling his image his whole adult life. He knows how to work crowds. Much of his net worth is the value of his brand (his name).

No it's not, none of it is.
This has always been a
thorn in Trump's side.
When Forbe's says his
net worth is say, $5
billion, Trump will say
it's double that because
Forbes's never includes
the value of his brand.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2020 at 11:27:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
McConnell has inserted a kill
switch rule into the trial. Any
time Trump's legal team feels
they are being played by the
Dems, they can demand a vote
to end the trial right there. 51
votes and it's over. If the Dems
try and pull any of that crap
they pulled in the House, the
trial is done.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2020 at 11:36:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Neither side can stand exposure.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 19th, 2020 at 5:25:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
McConnell has inserted a kill
switch rule into the trial. Any
time Trump's legal team feels
they are being played by the
Dems, they can demand a vote
to end the trial right there. 51
votes and it's over. If the Dems
try and pull any of that crap
they pulled in the House, the
trial is done.

So... why not just hit the kill switch now?

Because they don’t have the 51 votes.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 19th, 2020 at 11:16:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Ken Starr and Dershowitz are both contradicting what they said during the Clinton trial. Dershowitz said you don't need a crime, and Starr said you can't have a trial without witnesses.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2020 at 6:31:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Ken Starr and Dershowitz are both contradicting what they said during the Clinton trial. Dershowitz said you don't need a crime, and Starr said you can't have a trial without witnesses.

If this is true, they are certainly not the first in the line of people involved in the Clinton impeachment changing their tune.

People do evolve over time in their beliefs and the way they interpret things; the hardest part is determining which are real "conversions" and which are "political considerations."