Evenbob
Threads: 146
The border news is having a psychological
effect on future illegals. Crossing slowed
in Jan and has this month also. If your
sitting in shithole Bamboozi and hear
there's only a 50% chance of crossing,
and an 80% of getting deported if you
do, it puts a real damper on going at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 24th, 2017 at 12:43:40 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: stinkingliberal
I get what you're saying, in that you don't want to see an inefficient asshole replaced by an efficient one. So let me change my wish a bit. I want to see Trump dead, shot by Mike Pence.

What makes you think Pence would be more efficient?

More competent, certainly. he has actual experience, and it's likely he knows he doesn't know everything. But he doesn't have as wide an appeal, and he won't be anywhere near as entertaining as Golden Boy. He'd also be less likely to act out of prejudice and bigotry.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 24th, 2017 at 12:59:09 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Well, you can un-condone until you explode if you wish.

I wish Trump was dead
I wish Trump was dead
I wish Trump was dead
And Sean Hannity too
Nyah nyah smarty pants

You can say it as many times as you want. It reflects on you in a bad way. I get that you don't care.
February 24th, 2017 at 1:05:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The best thing that could happen (as far as I'm concerned) is even if Pence replaces Trump he's so damaged by the association, he won't be able to use it as a spring board to anything.

Lately I've been thinking it's too bad Biden couldn't have projected more gravitas, and less GW Bush bungler persona. He might of been the real contender.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 24th, 2017 at 6:20:29 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
The border news is having a psychological
effect on future illegals. Crossing slowed
in Jan and has this month also. If your
sitting in shithole Bamboozi and hear
there's only a 50% chance of crossing,
and an 80% of getting deported if you
do, it puts a real damper on going at all.

Proves nothing so far. It always is slower in winter. This year, the weather has been downright hostile in the Southwest--heavy rains, flooding.
February 24th, 2017 at 6:39:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Proves nothing so far..

Sure it does. You think all the border
news about walls and ICE raids and
10K new border agents is spurring
people on to to come? Doesn't work
that way. You won't spend your life
savings on something you think will
probably be a bust.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 24th, 2017 at 7:02:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Proves nothing so far. It always is slower in winter. This year, the weather has been downright hostile in the Southwest--heavy rains, flooding.
It has rained more than usual this winter, but the weather down here has been pretty decent. If you are afoot this is a much better time to cross the Chihuahuan or the Sonoran desert then when it is 110 or higher temp. That is part of the reason for wanting to relax the border so people don't die walking across.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 24th, 2017 at 11:36:50 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: petroglyph
It has rained more than usual this winter, but the weather down here has been pretty decent. If you are afoot this is a much better time to cross the Chihuahuan or the Sonoran desert then when it is 110 or higher temp. That is part of the reason for wanting to relax the border so people don't die walking across.

But since they're Mexicans, Trumpers want them to die. The Border Patrol puts out tankers of water on the most traveled routes. A Trumper was caught poisoning two of them last summer.

This is far too sophisticated a concept for Trumpers to understand, but if people are willing to risk their lives just to come here, aren't these the sort of people we want? Joe Sixpack sits on his couch drinking beer and grouses about how the country hasn't given him what he deserves. Jorge Garcia walks a thousand miles just for the chance to live and work here.
February 25th, 2017 at 12:07:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
But since they're Mexicans, Trumpers want them to die..

Good grief, that's obscene. And only 55%
of border crossings are Mexicans, the
rest are from as far away as Eastern Europe.
February 25th, 2017 at 7:06:19 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Actually immigration has been going down since 2007.

trump picked a solved problem after which to burn money with a wall. I guess beneath his Russian exterior beats the heart of an East German apparatchik.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER