No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

September 26th, 2022 at 3:20:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Not related to 06JAN or improper handling of classified docs, but it appears Trump is being sued by the Government for fraud (something we all know he is guilty of) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCmha9hBQP8

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacheverson/2022/09/23/checks--imbalances-a-forbes-look-at-the-trump-fraud-lawsuit/?sh=340d1e9f6631

"Except none of it was true. I dug through property records, which showed Trump’s apartment was 10,996 square feet and only took up part of the floors. I spent hours sifting through every photo or video shot inside the penthouse, looking for extra rooms. I visited a grungy Manhattan records office, where I was told the apartment’s blueprints should be, but they were missing–perhaps taken by the Secret Service, I thought. I even had our stellar research librarian unearth a copy of Architectural Digest from the 1980s that featured an earlier version of Trump’s place, hoping to find evidence of the missing 22,004 square feet. No dice."

We all know Trump has been lying about his wealth, but it seems it is finally catching up with him. This is not related to the criminal investigations, but this is still justice.

The long and short of it is Trump plays rich when he is buying (or looking for credit) and plays poor when he is paying and has been doing this for decades. He also plays rich when talking to the public, and has a history of suing anyone who publicly states he is not a billionaire (which would be an odd thing for an actual billionaire to do).

Apparently, the DA already rejected a settlement (odd from a man who "never settles") and she is hoping that this case goes all the way (probably so that the public has a Court overseen record of his finances).
September 26th, 2022 at 4:54:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
If she convicts him it will be a boon for her political career.
September 26th, 2022 at 5:10:33 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Trump says he owns the top three floors of Trump Tower.

Each floor in Trump Tower is 14,000 Sq. Ft. in size.

Whatever the size of his living space on those floors, if he owns those three floors, plus the exclusive rooftop garden, he does control at least 33,000 Sq. Ft. of space in the building.

As for playing rich when he is buying of looking for credit, he can claim whatever he wants.

The lenders make the final determination as to the real value of his properties, his wealth and his ability to pay.
September 26th, 2022 at 5:18:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko

Whatever the size of his living space on those floors, if he owns those three floors, plus the exclusive rooftop garden, he does control at least 33,000 Sq. Ft. of space in the building.

As for playing rich when he is buying of looking for credit, he can claim whatever he wants.

The lenders make the final determination as to the real value of his properties, his wealth and his ability to pay.

Emphasis mine.

Trump says a lot of things. The truth will come out in Court. Such records are easy to provide if true.
September 26th, 2022 at 5:47:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko

Well, it will be rather sad if the civil suit was initiated with such simplistic errors. We'll see.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 26th, 2022 at 6:30:04 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
As for playing rich when he is buying of looking for credit, he can claim whatever he wants. The lenders make the final determination as to the real value of his properties, his wealth and his ability to pay.

Sure, but they have a right to rely and do rely to a degree on what the applicant puts down on the application.

Loan applications are signed under the penalty of perjury, aren't they?

The ones I've seen for residential home loans were, so I have to imagine they'd want it if you're buying an office tower as well.
September 26th, 2022 at 6:39:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Sure, but they have a right to rely and do rely to a degree on what the applicant puts down on the application.

Loan applications are signed under the penalty of perjury, aren't they?

The ones I've seen for residential home loans were, so I have to imagine they'd want it if you're buying an office tower as well.

That was Tanko, not me.

Still it's not clear to me how he was giving the different valuations to the IRS. than the lenders were assessing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 27th, 2022 at 2:46:58 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: missedhervee

Not in the real world.

Especially when the application is for a loan in the tens of millions or higher.

No matter how small or large the loan, banks are bound by federal and state law to verify the ability of the borrower to repay any loan.
September 27th, 2022 at 2:53:32 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: rxwine
Still it's not clear to me how he was giving the different valuations to the IRS. than the lenders were assessing.

Maybe you can ask the IRS to clear that up for you, because if that is what he did, they evidently have no problem with it.
September 27th, 2022 at 3:10:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: Gandler
Trump says a lot of things. The truth will come out in Court. Such records are easy to provide if true.

Those records are public. Just as every property owners record is public here. If he didn't own those top three floors, we would have known about it by now.

He also owns the 25th and 26th floors, where the Trump Organization has it's offices.