2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 26th, 2020 at 8:50:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
So Trump pardoned Michael Fly yesterday.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/michael-flynn-trump-pardon-thanksgiving-b1762010.html

How many more pardons before Trump leaves the White House? My prediction is that his monthly pardon rate will skyrocket these next two months.

With investigations of Trump heating up, it is rumored that he may attempt to pardon himself. I would not put anything past him at this point... Unknown if such a pardon would hold, but luckily he cannot pardon himself from state charges (and NY investigations into his fraud, shocking I know, are really heating up). If NY can get some charges that is good news for democracy.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-pardon-himself-1550454

“Could you imagine if I lose? My whole life, what am I going to do? I’m going to say, I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics. I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know.”

Now this quote may have more than one meaning. He may be the first President who has to flee the country to avoid prosecution. After all he did not only lose, but get decimated, by the "worst candidate in history"....

He has luxury golf properties around the world. I hope he relocates to near one of them. The endless investigations/prosecutions that (many) Democrats want will do us as a country no good. Frankly, the best result for the country is if he is ignored going forward. I see Paul Ryan has made the news criticizing Trump. And Toomey. He will be losing support each and every day he does not acknowledge that he lost the election. There is a hard date... December 16. If he does not concede after the EC votes he will be loved by maybe 20% of the population..... and despised by the other 80%.
November 26th, 2020 at 9:36:58 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
He has luxury golf properties around the world. I hope he relocates to near one of them. The endless investigations/prosecutions that (many) Democrats want will do us as a country no good. Frankly, the best result for the country is if he is ignored going forward. I see Paul Ryan has made the news criticizing Trump. And Toomey. He will be losing support each and every day he does not acknowledge that he lost the election. There is a hard date... December 16. If he does not concede after the EC votes he will be loved by maybe 20% of the population..... and despised by the other 80%.

Its not Democrats that are investigating him, its criminal (and civil) investigations in NY for various fraud. The main stonewall is waiting to get his full tax returns subpoenad , which Trump has been fighting and appealing to every court, strange if he has nothing to hide....

Even his former lawyer admits that Trump lied and inflated his assets to get bank loans. It seems he has the typical credit criminal syndrome of rich when buying poor when paying.

Also, with Trump is there any legitimate criticism that is not , "The greatest witchhunt in history"...
November 26th, 2020 at 10:05:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Even his former lawyer admits that Trump lied and inflated his assets to get bank loans.

So, he is like every homeowner in the USA who tries for a mortgage?
The President is a fink.
November 26th, 2020 at 11:40:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
So, he is like every homeowner in the USA who tries for a mortgage?

Yes and they generally get prosecuted if caught.

Trump has been a credit criminal for decades and its about time that he gets caught.
November 26th, 2020 at 2:46:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

Trump has been a credit criminal for decades and its about time that he gets caught.
The entire financial system is built on quadrillions of $$ worth of phony derivitives between TBTF banks, and you want to start by prosecuting Joe 6 pack who padded his application to get into a house?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 26th, 2020 at 3:14:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: petroglyph
The entire financial system is built on quadrillions of $$ worth of phony derivitives between TBTF banks, and you want to start by prosecuting Joe 6 pack who padded his application to get into a house?

Mortgage Fraud contributed to the housing bubble (amongst many other factors). Millions of people doing it, add up....

That being said large scale fraud (like Trump) should be the primary focus.

If somebody gets into a house by lying and always pays, it's not ever really an issue. If somebody lies to get massive loans and then not pay contractors and avoid taxes, that is far more damage.
November 26th, 2020 at 7:11:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It’s almost like the WH staff has zero f***s left to give and is punking the whiny little baby by putting him in front of a child’s desk.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 27th, 2020 at 4:02:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Homeowners rarely if ever get prosecuted for trying to boost the value. I have had many tell me their house is worth more than the appraiser said. We tell them to find better comps and occasionally they do. Most don't, they just want to get more cash out.

How is Trump a "credit criminal?"
The President is a fink.
November 27th, 2020 at 7:35:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Homeowners rarely if ever get prosecuted for trying to boost the value. I have had many tell me their house is worth more than the appraiser said. We tell them to find better comps and occasionally they do. Most don't, they just want to get more cash out.

How is Trump a "credit criminal?"

I don't know whether he has committed crimes or not, but what I DO know is that he, in his decades of using credit BEFORE he became President, has never been convicted of being a 'credit criminal'.

All the people claiming he hasn't paid them.... they have recourse in the courts.... yet somehow he was till able to get contractors..... how is that possible?
November 27th, 2020 at 7:49:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I don't know whether he has committed crimes or not, but what I DO know is that he, in his decades of using credit BEFORE he became President, has never been convicted of being a 'credit criminal'.

All the people claiming he hasn't paid them.... they have recourse in the courts.... yet somehow he was till able to get contractors..... how is that possible?

Out of court settlements almost always include that the accused admits no wrongdoing and accuser is gagged.

So how many things dragged through the courts and were settled?

That's how they protect themselves.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?