2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 9th, 2020 at 11:22:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
So you don't support the United States Constitution? Got it.

Give some examples of it being "trampled" by Trump.

I gave just one example of the left trampling it. You have not given one.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 11:28:08 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
lol

The point is that you "fear" democrats because some statues are being torn down, while you ignore and are complicit in the trampling of our Constitution. Your fears are unfounded. You made some post in the other thread about what your "fears" are and you didn't mention Covid, racial divisions, or overall division. WTF happened to "united we stand divided we fall". But you're worried and are fearful of...statues and monuments going away?

Mount Rushmore was just one example. It's a monument on stolen land. If the Sioux announced that they planned to blow the monument up if they ever got their land that is rightfully theirs back, a REAL patriot would give them their land back and say go for it. It's yours.

But no, Trump says that "This monument will never be desecrated — (applause) — these heroes will never be defaced, their legacy will never, ever be destroyed, their achievements will never be forgotten, and Mount Rushmore will stand forever as an eternal tribute to our forefathers and to our freedom. (Applause.)

AUDIENCE: USA! USA! USA"

It's almost as if those people in the crowd have no f**king clue what's in the document that the monument is SUPPOSED to represent. They were chanting USA USA USA on land STOLEN from the Sioux by the USA, DEFYING the US Constitution.

"My country, right or wrong" vs "my country, let's make it right"

An idiotic oversimplification of my positions.

I don't fear statues coming down; I agree that some of them should come down in a legal means, not by illegal actions.

I do fear it going too far, which is a fear even some on the left are coming around to at this point.

I have a problem with Mount Rushmore suddenly becoming an issue because the President defended the existence of the monument openly when many others have visited, like President Obama...when CNN praised it.

I fear people who don't merely want to reform the police and make things better but would rather defund the police and put in place things that won't work...right in the middle of upticks in crime in our major cities run by, mostly, Democrats.

Covid? Everyone pays attention to the President and glorifies the Democrats who put live cases in nursing homes. I don't think the President has been right or perfect...but I am not convinced that many would have done any better. What some people don't seem to realize that the violators of mask and distancing suggestions aren't limited to people who support Trump...there are many on the other side doing the same thing, just more quietly. Big gatherings, no masks, screaming and shouting,e tc.

Racial division? All that is being done right now is wallpaper over a bloody wall. The problem is we can't have a real discussion about how some policies instituted by government have kept us from improving, like some of the New deal things that downgraded the importance of family.

I don't in general fear a Biden Presidency except that he is sliding further and further left, which I find troubling.

I fear both the very far right and the very far left. Both are dangerous. Thankfully, both have little power.
July 9th, 2020 at 11:39:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
lolMount Rushmore was just one example. It's a monument on stolen land. .

........It's almost as if those people in the crowd have no f**king clue what's in the document that the monument is SUPPOSED to represent.

Talk about "no f**king clue".

Every square inch of this country, with the exception of Manhattan is what you call 'stolen land'. You live on 'stolen land'. Should we give it all back?
July 9th, 2020 at 11:42:30 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman
Give some examples of it being "trampled" by Trump.

I gave just one example of the left trampling it. You have not given one.

As to how Trump has defied it himself, that's easy: Emoluments

Others as well: directing the Secretary of Defense to not purchase the missile defense system approved by Congress and instead use that money for his wall, ordering troops to the border, soliciting foreign interference in elections, obstruction of justice

Now, do you support the United States Constitution or not?
July 9th, 2020 at 11:44:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tanko

Every square inch of this country, with the exception of Manhattan is what you call 'stolen land'. You live on 'stolen land'. Should we give it all back?

Thank you. I was considering typing the same.... but then realized there is no rational argument he will accept if it does not fit his pre-determined anti-Trump agenda. I won't block him, but there seems to be no reason to engage him anymore as his posts are so slanted to just be anti-Trump no matter what we are talking about...... Just not worth it. At least ams has some humor in his posts....
July 9th, 2020 at 11:47:10 AM permalink
Tripdufan

If Congress and the President signs a treaty giving it back, YES!

"All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
July 9th, 2020 at 11:58:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman

I wonder if he would deed his house to an Indian tribe to make up for the stolen land.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 11:58:51 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: SOOPOO
Thank you. I was considering typing the same.... but then realized there is no rational argument he will accept if it does not fit his pre-determined anti-Trump agenda. I won't block him, but there seems to be no reason to engage him anymore as his posts are so slanted to just be anti-Trump no matter what we are talking about...... Just not worth it. At least ams has some humor in his posts....

Yup, make no mistake, I believe Trumpism is a cancer to society and our country. He inherited a country/economy moving in a positive direction and has managed to sow deeper divisions, trash the economy (ironically, it's been his efforts to put the economy over protecting America that has trashed it), alienate our allies, minimized our impact/standing on the world stage, and really could just go on and on and on and on.

The Trump presidency has been a disaster for us. History will not be kind to those that were complicit.
July 9th, 2020 at 12:02:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
As to how Trump has defied it himself, that's easy: Emoluments

Nothing broken there, the claims of the left are not the letter or spirit of the clause.

Quote:
Others as well: directing the Secretary of Defense to not purchase the missile defense system approved by Congress and instead use that money for his wall, ordering troops to the border, soliciting foreign interference in elections, obstruction of justice

Lets see, as Commander in Chief he can decide how to best defend the USA. I wonder if you were so bent out of shape when Obama stopped the approved ABMs in Poland after they were approved?

Troops are there to defend the border. Or do you not understand that?

He did not solicit interference in any election. No matter how much you stomp your feet that will not change.

He did not obstruct justice. He did fire a partisan FBI director, as he should have. The guy was acting improper.

I will await something real.

Meanwhile you can keep supporting the party that says it is OK to treat people different based on skin color.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 12:03:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Yup, make no mistake, I believe Trumpism is a cancer to society and our country. He inherited a country/economy moving in a positive direction and has managed to sow deeper divisions, trash the economy (ironically, it's been his efforts to put the economy over protecting America that has trashed it), alienate our allies, minimized our impact/standing on the world stage, and really could just go on and on and on and on.

The Trump presidency has been a disaster for us. History will not be kind to those that were complicit.

You really need a hobby besides hate.
The President is a fink.