2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 29th, 2020 at 8:35:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

Oh right...the protests on the right cause Covid...those the left favors more did not.

Those on the right tend to not wear masks and tend to not social distance.
Those on the left tend to wear masks and tend to social distance
That's the problem in a nutshell
It's up to the right to either support flattening or support spiking simply by their physical actions regarding masks and distancing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 29th, 2020 at 9:22:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Those on the right tend to not wear masks and tend to not social distance.
Those on the left tend to wear masks and tend to social distance
That's the problem in a nutshell
It's up to the right to either support flattening or support spiking simply by their physical actions regarding masks and distancing

The protesters were "social distancing"? I didn't see that. The bars opened in Texas at roughly the same time as the protests started. That means that in our cities, a whole bunch of people were behaving in a couple of different dangerous way and all of the spin in the world won't lay all of what happened at the feet of the right UNLESS you actually can cite some studies of "who" got infected as the cases increased moving through June.

Bar patrons spent too much time near other people as they opened up. I understand and accept that it could be part of the cause. The left ignores the fact the protesters were also engaging in behaviors known to spread the disease...for example, less than 100% mask usage, yelling and chanting potentially expelling droplets of the virus, lack of social distancing during the protests, etc. You actually have to believe that protesters did not breathe in or out while they were in the streets to absolve them of any blame at all.

Do you not remember the huge parties that broke out during the original shutdown? Do you remember them happening in areas that lean both left and right?
June 29th, 2020 at 9:41:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Assuming even the mildly ill felt a little fatigued, it seems likely more people might skip one of those protests vs any sit down activity.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 29th, 2020 at 10:52:20 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The demographics on the new cases have a much larger portion of young people getting infected than previous studies. I guess the young people are predominantly Trump supporters. California, Florida and Texas all have major beaches that are packed, mostly with young people. Arizona doesn't fit the beach scenario though. The death rate is still way down from what it was running at, that might be from the lower average age getting infected.

Just to keep things in perspective because most people are getting led by the nose by the MSM who only talk numbers with no context.

FLORIDA IS CURRENTLY 23 AMONG STATES FOR THE NUMBER OF CASES / CAPITA. 9 OF THE TOP 10 STATES PER CAPITA ARE EASTERN SEABOARD STATES.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 29th, 2020 at 11:06:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Speaking of “per capita” numbers:

WE’RE NUMBER ONE!!

(Not you kenarman, you lucky Canuck).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2020 at 11:37:39 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Speaking of “per capita” numbers:

WE’RE NUMBER ONE!!

(Not you kenarman, you lucky Canuck).

Figures can say many things...

United Kingdom = 655 deaths per million
NY State = 1618 deaths per million
Texas = 80 deaths per million
New Jersey = 1621 deaths per million
Florida = 160 deaths per million

What defined "Europe" in the chart? "Europe" is not a country....

They have some huge differences in death rates between countries just as we do between states.
June 29th, 2020 at 11:43:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I wonder what the death rate per million is in all states run by Republican Governors versus death rate per million in states run by democrat Governors? I know the Dems have a huge 'lead' due to Cuomo sending the infected elderly into nursing homes......
I need either Tanko or pacomartin to give me this data!!!!!!!!
June 29th, 2020 at 11:54:01 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
I wonder what the death rate per million is in all states run by Republican Governors versus death rate per million in states run by democrat Governors? I know the Dems have a huge 'lead' due to Cuomo sending the infected elderly into nursing homes......

Google has a tool that lets you compare numbers by State (and Country). I forget if there is a way to scale it per capita.

Liberal states tend to have higher populations so the raw numbers are of course higher, red states tend to be more rural.
June 29th, 2020 at 12:01:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

Look at states similar in demographics. Then compare.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 29th, 2020 at 12:02:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
Liberal states tend to have higher populations so the raw numbers are of course higher, red states tend to be more rural.

Nonsense. I want to know why the libbie-run government in New Jersey has been so much worse at handling this thing than that urban utopia known as Wyoming!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman