The Trump implosion thread!

Poll
2 votes (8.69%)
1 vote (4.34%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
2 votes (8.69%)
13 votes (56.52%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 26th, 2020 at 4:27:13 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 18
Posts: 6412
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 26th, 2020 at 5:08:49 AM permalink
Dalex64
Member since: Mar 8, 2014
Threads: 3
Posts: 3349
What noble goals.

And now, the "sarcasm card" right out of his own mouth.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/25/trump-sarcastically-suggests-slowing-down-coronavirus-testing-340850

“Sometimes I jokingly say, or sarcastically say, if we didn’t do tests we would look great,” Trump said in an interview and Fox News town hall with Sean Hannity.

I think that was about this statement from Thursday, rather than the Tulsa statement where he has said that he doesn't kid.

“If we didn’t do testing, we would have no cases,” Trump said at the town hall on Thursday in Wisconsin
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 26th, 2020 at 5:36:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 13301
Quote: Dalex64
What noble goals.

And now, the "sarcasm card" right out of his own mouth.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/25/trump-sarcastically-suggests-slowing-down-coronavirus-testing-340850

“Sometimes I jokingly say, or sarcastically say, if we didn’t do tests we would look great,” Trump said in an interview and Fox News town hall with Sean Hannity.

I think that was about this statement from Thursday, rather than the Tulsa statement where he has said that he doesn't kid.

“If we didn’t do testing, we would have no cases,” Trump said at the town hall on Thursday in Wisconsin


Well, how do you think China and other places have such a low rate? If you have no symptoms and are not tested you will never know you had it. If you are tested all of the sudden we have a new case.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
June 26th, 2020 at 2:01:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 145
Posts: 10274
More Trump insider enemies. They pop up like mushrooms. Kind of expected, but unexpected.

Quote:
Now her silence could be coming to an end. Her book about her uncle — “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man” — is slated to be published next month. The book is so potentially explosive that the Trump family is seeking to block publication, citing a confidentiality agreement that Mary Trump signed as part of a settlement about her inheritance. Mary Trump’s lawyer, Theodore Boutrous Jr., said the president is trying to “suppress a book that will discuss matters of utmost public importance.”

The publisher has not revealed specifics, and Mary Trump, 55, declined an interview request. But clues to her dark view of her uncle can be seen in lawsuits, and interviews with former colleagues and teachers, academic papers and a series of now-deleted tweets, including one that said her uncle’s election was the “worst night of my life.”

A description of the book from publisher Simon & Schuster suggests it will draw heavily on her studies of family dysfunction, with Mary using her clinical background to dissect “a nightmare of traumas, destructive relationships and a tragic combination of neglect and abuse,” including “the strange and harmful relationship between” her late father and Donald Trump.
Trump says his supporters are dumber than a sack of rocks
June 28th, 2020 at 5:38:41 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 18
Posts: 6412
“White power!”

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1277204969561755649?s=21


Repeat after me: Donald Trump is a racist piece of s***!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2020 at 6:52:01 AM permalink
Gandler
Member since: Aug 15, 2019
Threads: 14
Posts: 1753
Quote: ams288
“White power!”

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1277204969561755649?s=21


Repeat after me: Donald Trump is a racist piece of s***!


Where did Donald Trump say "White Power"....


And, if that is racist, then "black power" must be racst....
June 28th, 2020 at 6:56:24 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 18
Posts: 6412
Quote: Gandler
Where did Donald Trump say "White Power"....


And, if that is racist, then "black power" must be racst....


He tweeted out a video of racist Trump supporters screaming “White power,” calling them great people.

Didn’t think anyone other than Duffman or EB would even attempt to defend that....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2020 at 7:45:04 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 52
Posts: 6482
Quote: Gandler
Where did Donald Trump say "White Power"....


And, if that is racist, then "black power" must be racst....


White Power = We don't want to share power
Black power = We want whites to share power
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 28th, 2020 at 8:49:21 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 18
Posts: 6412
Donny is currently golfing with Lindsey Graham, but someone took the tweet down. Wow.

Remember when righties were pretending like “you ain’t black” was the biggest gaffe in history? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2020 at 9:31:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 15
Posts: 2278
Quote: terapined
White Power = We don't want to share power
Black power = We want whites to share power


Interesting take. I would agree wholeheartedly that someone chanting white power means "we don't want to share power". But over time, and specifically now, I don't feel those chanting black power want to share power either.