February 20th, 2020 at 8:10:29 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Evenbob
You don't know that nor
can you prove it. It's so
'obvious' that it just might
be a coincidence.

Was it a coincidence when Bill Clinton pardoned Mark Rich after Rich donated $1.5 million?
February 21st, 2020 at 12:17:58 PM permalink
reno
Wow, Donald Trump sure hates Fox News' Neil Cavuto.

Does it bother conservatives when a politician like Trump encourages private companies to fire employees that the politician doesn't like?
February 21st, 2020 at 1:19:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

Does it bother conservatives when a politician like Trump encourages private companies to fire employees that the politician doesn't like?

No more than it bothered liberals to get people who were not for gay marriage fired and their lives destroyed.
The President is a fink.
February 21st, 2020 at 1:40:58 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: reno

No more than it bothered liberals to get people who were not for gay marriage fired and their lives destroyed.

Without whataboutism, you'd have absolutely nothing to say.
February 21st, 2020 at 1:47:52 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"Cavuto said, “My job is to cover you, not to fawn over you or rip you, just report on you, to call balls and strikes on you.”"

https://deadline.com/2020/02/donald-trump-neil-cavuto-fox-news-1202865529/

If only there were more people on other networks calling balls and strikes on the other party instead of just strikes on Trump.

I like Cavuto. Trump doesn't. I don't care who Trump likes or dislikes. I don't count on him for his review shows, I just want him (and any other President) to successfully run our country. He's doing better at that than many give him credit for.
February 21st, 2020 at 1:54:24 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
If only there were more people on other networks calling balls and strikes on the other party instead of just strikes on Trump.

You want blind umpires calling your game?
February 21st, 2020 at 6:07:21 PM permalink
reno
So it looks like Donald Trump is really serious about preventing John Bolton from publishing his book. Trump says the book contains too much classified information, but Trump is mostly concerned about the timing: he doesn't want it published before November. (Electoral politics are the basis for what this White House considers classified.)

Quote: Washington Post
“We’re going to try and block the publication of the book,” Trump said. “After I leave office, he can do this. But not in the White House.”

“I give the guy a break. I give him a job. And then he turns on me,” Trump added during the West Wing lunch. “He’s just making things up.”

Memo to Donald: don't give John Bolton attention. Ignore him. Don't make him martyr. And for god sakes, censorship usually backfires, so stop acting like Barbara Streisand.
February 21st, 2020 at 8:14:05 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Trump's new intel chief makes immediate changes, ousts top official

I quote parts:

Quote:
President Trump's new acting director of national intelligence, Richard Grenell, has already made major changes at the agency, including ousting the No. 2 official.

The Times also reported that Grenell — who was only officially tapped into the role on Thursday and who says he will not be the nominee for the full-time role — also made a slew of his own new hires on Friday, including an expert on Trump conspiracy theories.

One hire is Kashyap Patel, a senior member of the National Security Council and former top aide to Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the former House Intelligence Committee chairman.

Patel has reportedly been given permission to "clean house" at the agency.

I know that President Trump has made the right choice based upon the number of libbies and MSM pundit's heads that are exploding.
Let's go Brandon
February 21st, 2020 at 8:32:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
President Donald Trump’s new acting intelligence director, Richard Grenell, used to do consulting work on behalf of an Eastern European oligarch who is now a fugitive and was recently barred from entering the U.S. under anti-corruption sanctions imposed last month by the State Department.

In 2016, Grenell wrote several articles defending the oligarch, a Moldovan politician named Vladimir Plahotniuc, but did not disclose that he was being paid, according to records and interviews. Grenell also did not register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, which generally requires people to disclose work in the U.S. on behalf of foreign politicians.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trumps-new-spy-chief-used-to-work-for-a-foreign-politician-the-us-accused-of-corruption
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 22nd, 2020 at 4:29:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Trump's new intel chief makes immediate changes, ousts top official

I quote parts:

I know that President Trump has made the right choice based upon the number of libbies and MSM pundit's heads that are exploding.

Ah yes, and it’s posts like this that show the rest of us that you are only a hopeless partisan who values “owning the libs” over the security of your country.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman