GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

November 13th, 2016 at 12:57:08 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: TheCesspit

They are admitting to having an inbuilt bias.... and an appeal to stay in business. Or they didn't know they had a bias, but realize it now. Which is good at least the 'liberal' media needs to realize there's a big problem with the way they've discussed the the issues, and the echo chamber. Stinkingliberal needs to learn it too.

Oh, I realize it. I'm not as dumb as those idiot Trumpers who actually think that Fox News is "fair and balanced." It's pretty much impossible to report without bias. Hell, I'm biased. Duffy-poo and UnevenBob are biased. Homer Simpson is biased (donuts!). None of us is completely objective.

I do agree with you that the liberal message needs to be aimed at the center. I strongly disagree with you that "the media" display a "liberal bias." I've read and seen all sorts of crap, in the mainstream media, that makes John Birch look like Mother Teresa. I've also seen lots of stuff that had left-wing bias. It's silly to parrot the Republican meme that all the media are biased and out to get them.

My observation was that the media in this election season were bending over backwards (for the most part) to at least give the appearance of fairness. It's evident that if they actually had the bias that Republicans claim they do, Trump could never, never have won the election. All you have to do is compare the attention given to Trump's horrific sayings and that given to Hillary's emails. If that had been even roughly equal, Clinton would have absolutely buried Trump.

What the liberals need to do is realize that most of the country agrees with them on the basic issues like tolerance, health care, tax policy, immigration, etc. They have to galvanize their base, but they also have to add to that base. Part of that can be showing Joe Sixpack that Trump has lied to him, but they have to also show how liberal policies can and will make even Joe Sixpack's life better. Clinton certainly whiffed on that opportunity.

I think that what hurt her is that she wasn't inclined to make outrageous promises to America's losers. She didn't realize that lies and false promises are perfectly OK if they give people hope. Trump twigged to that from the start. She should have been vague and disingenuous, just like Trump, and told all the coal dust people that she would magically make their lives better. What she actually tried to do is tell the truth and EXPLAIN how her policies ACTUALLY WOULD do that. But she seemed mostly disinclined--understandably, but fatally so--to talk sensibly to a class of voters who are generally as dumb as a bag of rocks.
November 13th, 2016 at 1:28:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
She should have been vague and disingenuous, just like Trump, and told all the coal dust people that she would magically make their lives better.

I've unblocked you because I realized
you're MKL from WoV, who was banned
for life.

I'm reveling in your ranting sore loser-ness,
it's wonderful to see. Also reveling in the
poor loser sots marching in the streets,
thinking they're accomplishing something.

Trump did it right, he got elected. Too late
for could'a would'a should'a time. You have
to suffer thru 8 years of Trump like we had
to suffer thru 8 years of the worst president
we've ever seen. Watch closely as we put
back the pieces where they belong.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2016 at 1:31:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

And to top it off, the Dem bench is empty
of anybody to challenge him in 2020.
They have nobody to blame but themselves,
for getting into the position of owing the
nomination to the most flawed candidate,
the most distrusted Dem and disliked Dem
to ever try and steal an election.

Looking deeper it is even worse than that for the Democrats. After their race baiting and general misandry, they are owned by the identity politics they created. If they put up a white male they have lots of splanin to do. Like you said, nobody but themselves to blame. At least the board will be entertaining.
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 1:36:40 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
You have
to suffer thru 8 years of Trump like we had
to suffer thru 8 years of the worst president
we've ever seen.

Well, you're wrong about mkl (whoever he actually is), wrong about politics, wrong about the world, and wrong about just about everything that leaks out of your mouth. And I'm not the only one who thinks that (I'd be happy to link to some posts by others stating how ineffably wrong you tend to be).

Trump may not even last the duration of his term. There's a zero chance that his party will nominate him again. For one thing, Ryan wants and expects to be king. I agree that Trump will cause suffering. What you don't realize is that you will suffer, too.

He's played you, Bob. And boy, your promise to block me didn't last very long. Truly, you have studied at the feet of the master (don't forget to lick them while you're down there!).

Did I mention that Trump has you dancing on his puppet strings? He's played you, Bob. You poor soul.
November 13th, 2016 at 1:43:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
He's played you, Bob.

You keep saying that like it means something.
The whole point was to keep Hillary out of
the WH, mission accomplished. Whatever
Trump does or doesn't do is irrelevant at
this point. It what she won't be able to do
that's important here. That's why we feel
like a weight has been lifted off the country,
it's not Trump's win, it's Hillary's loss.

I will always remember her as the candidate
who had to be thrown 'like a side of beef'
into a van. Priceless, I watched that video a
hundred times.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2016 at 1:47:46 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
You keep saying that like it means something.

hundred times.

That seeing somebody stumble gives you joy speaks volumes about you. That you watched it a hundred times speaks volumes about your intellect. (Of course, what I mean by that is that you're a wonderful human being with formidable cognitive skills.)

He's played you, Bob. In that it affects YOU, you're right; it means nothing. But I say it anyway because you might wake up and realize it someday, and I would rejoice in your rehabilitation. You would be so much happier if you let go of the hate.
November 13th, 2016 at 1:49:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman

hundred times.

I still have my favorite. Wasn't Huma Weiner supposed to keep her from looking foolish like this?

The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 2:20:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
That seeing somebody stumble gives you joy speaks volumes about you.

Not just 'somebody', it was Her. I've
hated Her since Travelgate, where
she accused innocent people of crimes
just so she could get her sycophants jobs.
To see her propped up on that bollard,
head bobbing, being held up on both
sides, then being thrown into the van,
it was a joyful experience for me. I
want to go and watch it again..

November 21st, 2016 at 5:38:35 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER GO!

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

KICK THE MEDIAS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and make lil man cry lol!!!!!!
November 21st, 2016 at 5:49:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: YeahBaby

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

KICK THE MEDIAS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and make lil man cry lol!!!!!!

Loved this! Media thought it would be like under Bush and most any other GOP pol, they could be blatantly biased then walk in after the election and just be all lovey-dovey. Trump is calling them out. About time.
The President is a fink.