GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

November 12th, 2016 at 3:20:50 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: kenarman

It was all in good fun between us Face but Stinky is just a troll trying to get a rise anywhere he can. I actually might prefer if the medicine line was the border all the way across our countries. You would get your beloved Maple Leafs and I would get rid of everybody in Toronto.

Mmhmm. You're just trying to pawn off the Quebecois. Tellin' ya right now, if you do it, I'm gonna let them secede.

And damn, man... guess I didn't realize how much further north the 49th was from me, since I see Canada from the People's Republic every day. Ottawa, Montreal, all of PEI, good chunk of NB... you let that go and it's just gonna be you and TheCesspit yelling to each other across the prairies lol.

Ah well. Deal's a deal. First order of business: shipping all the Torontonites to Calgary XD
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 12th, 2016 at 6:14:41 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Face
Mmhmm. You're just trying to pawn off the Quebecois. Tellin' ya right now, if you do it, I'm gonna let them secede.

And damn, man... guess I didn't realize how much further north the 49th was from me, since I see Canada from the People's Republic every day. Ottawa, Montreal, all of PEI, good chunk of NB... you let that go and it's just gonna be you and TheCesspit yelling to each other across the prairies lol.

Ah well. Deal's a deal. First order of business: shipping all the Torontonites to Calgary XD

I think I posted this before but probably on WOV that the most southern spot in Canada (Point Pelee) is further south than the California/Oregon border.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 12th, 2016 at 8:25:17 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I live south of the 49th as well!
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 12th, 2016 at 9:04:23 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: TheCesspit
I live south of the 49th as well!

No problem Cesspit you will be able to immigrate to the new Canada.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 12th, 2016 at 10:52:04 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: kenarman
No problem Cesspit you will be able to immigrate to the new Canada.

Thank goodness. Though I am all for declaring the island an independent state...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 13th, 2016 at 4:51:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
New York Times publisher vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly.

So, they are admitting they were reporting dishonestly?
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2016 at 9:19:41 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman

How can you believe them now?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 13th, 2016 at 12:11:31 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: petroglyph

How can you believe them now?

But that's how you handle reality if you're a Republican (or a Trumper on this board)! Somebody says something you don't like, they're lying; they say something you agree with, they're telling the truth.
November 13th, 2016 at 12:26:23 PM permalink
TheCesspit

They are admitting to having an inbuilt bias.... and an appeal to stay in business. Or they didn't know they had a bias, but realize it now. Which is good at least the 'liberal' media needs to realize there's a big problem with the way they've discussed the the issues, and the echo chamber. Stinkingliberal needs to learn it too. Sod the nasties on the right, however much they rise your ire... it's how you speak is important to the centre and centre-right. For sure, what I read was also from that chamber, hence my surprise at the result, though not shock... I'd seen the Brexit too, and also the effect of fear.

The Guardian in the UK has made the same sort of appeal to the readership.

There are plenty of folks who want to deny change and progression... well they are in charge now, and time for them to come through and 'fix' all those things they think are wrong with the US and the world. I personally highly doubt they'll be effective, but they have few barriers in their way now, and can't complain about the media (because the editorial left and even Fox are in some sort of turmoil on how wrong they judged the country) and they have control of the apparatus of government.

I suspect the first battle will be on immigration and borders. It's well overdue in the US. I disagree that the Democrat wanted 'open borders' but they also didn't want to really tackle the issue head on, and allow for various executive/operational leniency... which just creates a morass. HOW the Republicans fix it is going to be interesting... I suspect they'll make a dogs dinner of the job, as some special interest group will add in extra legislation that gives a inroad to creating the same mess that you have now (it's what happened with Medical care legislation), but I await to be surprised - it could go very simplistic too, and cause a lot of long term unintended consequences as well.

They'll probably be opposed by certain grass roots elements... which is to be expected, as after all the grass roots tea-party also opposed the Democrats changes. Potato - Po-tart-toe.
November 13th, 2016 at 12:52:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: TheCesspit

They are admitting to having an inbuilt bias....

Look what they have wrought. For the
first time in almost 90 years, the Right
is in charge of everything. 35 Repub
governors, the House and the Senate.
A chance to make SCOTUS right wing
leaning for the next 30 years. And a
populist president who is beholden to
no interest group. It's the perfect storm,
we may never see it's like again.

And to top it off, the Dem bench is empty
of anybody to challenge him in 2020.
They have nobody to blame but themselves,
for getting into the position of owing the
nomination to the most flawed candidate,
the most distrusted Dem and disliked Dem
to ever try and steal an election.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.