Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

September 2nd, 2016 at 6:09:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
God, I can't stand Gretchen Carlson. A former
Miss America, she's always looking for even
the hint of sexual harassment. Good riddance
to her, I always hit mute when she came on
anyway. She won't win, it's a ridiculous lawsuit.

I keep quoting this post of Evenbob because it's just funny to me how completely wrong he was.

And notice how Evenbob doesn't post in this thread anymore?

Things like this are probably why:

Quote:
Taking on Ailes was dangerous, but Carlson was determined to fight back. She settled on a simple strategy: She would turn the tables on his surveillance. Beginning in 2014, according to a person familiar with the lawsuit, Carlson brought her iPhone to meetings in Ailes’s office and secretly recorded him saying the kinds of things he’d been saying to her all along. “I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago, and then you’d be good and better and I’d be good and better. Sometimes problems are easier to solve” that way, he said in one conversation. “I’m sure you can do sweet nothings when you want to,” he said another time.

After more than a year of taping, she had captured numerous incidents of sexual harassment.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/09/how-fox-news-women-took-down-roger-ailes.html
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 2nd, 2016 at 6:13:59 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: ams288
The Drudge Report is reporting Roger Ailes is officially out at FOX News, and he will receive a $40+ million golden parachute.

LOL:

Quote:
As the inevitability of an ouster became clear, chaos engulfed Ailes’s team. After news broke on the afternoon of July 19 that Kelly had come forward, Ailes’s lawyer Susan Estrich tried to send Ailes’s denial to Drudge but mistakenly emailed a draft of Ailes’s proposed severance deal, which Drudge, briefly, published instead.
September 2nd, 2016 at 7:31:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I keep quoting this post of Evenbob because it's just funny to me how completely wrong he was.

EB often gets things completely wrong
Take the Ebola scare
Ebola is real real hard to get.
EB was doubling and tripling down on Ebola mania saying it spreads very easily
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 2nd, 2016 at 7:44:43 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
EB was doubling and tripling down on Ebola mania saying it spreads very easily

Don't you know you can catch it merely by watching news items about it?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 6th, 2016 at 6:52:42 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
God, I can't stand Gretchen Carlson. A former
Miss America, she's always looking for even
the hint of sexual harassment. Good riddance
to her, I always hit mute when she came on
anyway. She won't win, it's a ridiculous lawsuit.

20th Century Fox has settled with Gretchen Carlson for $20 million.

Poor EvenBob...
September 6th, 2016 at 9:57:29 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

Poor EvenBob...

Technically she didn't win, cos there was no case :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 6th, 2016 at 10:08:38 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
There are rumors of a Trump TV after the Orange Clown loses the election. It would be a way to monetize the hordes of supporters in the GOP. That could be the death knell for Fox News in the class struggle outrage business.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 6th, 2016 at 2:47:59 PM permalink
terapined

Poor EvenBob...

Same day Greta (scientologist) Van Susteren quits
Angry that nobody at fox hit on her?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 3rd, 2016 at 2:51:05 PM permalink
terapined
Megyn Kelly has come out regarding Ailes

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/roger-ailes-sexual-assault-megyn-kelly-fox-news-tell-all-book/

But in January 2006, she claims, he “crossed a new line — trying to grab me repeatedly and kiss me on the lips.” When she shoved him away, she alleges, “he asked me an ominous question: ‘When is your contract up?’ And then, for the third time, he tried to kiss me.”
The harassment ended after six months, possibly because she reported him to a supervisor, Kelly writes. But when Carlson and the other women began to come forward this year, Kelly said she decided the time had come to speak up.
November 16th, 2016 at 12:56:14 PM permalink
terapined
Lets say you work for a large company where sexual harassment is rampant
The best thing you can do for your company is to expose that behavior to protect future talent
Megyn Kelly is doing that
Unless you are Bill O
He believes that the best way to solve sexual harassment in the workplace is to shove it all under the rug
sad

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oreilly-suggests-kelly-made-fox-news-look-bad-by-airings-ailes-allegations-165720907.html