Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

Page 3 of 18<123456>Last »
July 6th, 2016 at 5:34:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph

If someone wants to pay me a few million a year for reading a teleprompter, and enduring sexual innuendo's, I will give it a try. Do you not think she capitalized on her looks for years?

Hey, she made $800K a year, and was just scratching
out a living. Her husband makes $30 mil a years as a
sports agent, so they could pay the mortgage.

Gretchen was Miss America right in the middle of
the womens lib era, she was always looking for
sexual harassment of any kind. She was a bird dog
for the movement.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 6th, 2016 at 6:38:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: petroglyph
I imagine not. That let's each person choose what's more important, principles or profit.

I have had to make a stand, many times. I feel for the truly oppressed, but the case above, she was able to endure the harassment for over 7 years at probably a huge salary but didn't say anything until now? If she would have stood up like the hard hitting news woman she appears as, then maybe someone else wouldn't have to be taking it in the ass, now.

I have been a labor organizer, and frankly these people irritate the shiz out of me. How many hard working people never got an opportunity because she batted her eyelashes at the boss? All us unattractive people had, was our work.

I got no sympathy for her. A waitress getting her ass pinched every night for a pittance is a different story. People that make seven figures repeating propaganda for the money with no principles, disgust me.

Well, I don't want to defend her against the average waitress who has to put up with the same things, but I'm sure she sees some of her coworkers who didn't have to put up with it at all and still make mega-salaries, still working there. Just because he fancied her instead, she paid for it by eventually losing her job.

And perhaps if they let her continue on in some other capacity she would have kept silent. If she didn't have any money, she'd basically be unemployable at her age being dismissed from her job.

Of course, I'm just speculating at this point. She may have made the whole thing up, for all I know.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2016 at 10:32:47 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Roger Ailes could be fired within days.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/murdochs-have-decided-to-remove-roger-ailes.html

You go Gretchen Carlson!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 18th, 2016 at 11:54:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Roger Ailes could be fired within days.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/murdochs-have-decided-to-remove-roger-ailes.html

You go Gretchen Carlson!

Megyn Kelly or Kelly Megyn, whatever her name is has not said anything about this controversy
interesting
Apparently people at foxnews are furious Kelly has not defended Ailes
Hmm, I wonder why lol

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/14/fox-colleagues-mad-that-megyn-kelly-isn-t-speaking-up-for-roger-ailes.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2016 at 1:08:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I wouldn't really make too much of who has spoken out or not. Just 'cause he may have hit on one or more women in the office, doesn't mean he hit on all of them.

Sometimes you hear about things in an office environment, but sometimes you don't.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2016 at 2:38:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I wouldn't really make too much of who has spoken out or not. Just 'cause he may have hit on one or more women in the office, doesn't mean he hit on all of them.

What is the big deal if he did?
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2016 at 2:57:47 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
What is the big deal if he did?

.....are you taking the pro-sexual harassment position?
July 18th, 2016 at 3:08:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
.....are you taking the pro-sexual harassment position?
y

Just following the lead of supporters of Bill Clinton. It is his private life so it does not matter.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2016 at 3:27:28 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
y

Just following the lead of supporters of Bill Clinton. It is his private life so it does not matter.

So what you're saying is you also support Bill Clinton in all of his indiscretions. Very interesting.... I never woulda guessed.
July 18th, 2016 at 3:31:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
So what you're saying is you also support Bill Clinton in all of his indiscretions. Very interesting.... I never woulda guessed.

Not exactly. Just saying that he and his supporters made sexual harassment at the highest level acceptable so this lawsuit has no merit either because of the precedent has been set.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 18<123456>Last »