Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

April 20th, 2017 at 1:25:45 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Face
You're telling me women want to do a job and succeed in business and don't want to be objectified and harassed by skeezy old hacks?

Boom, headshot. Exactly.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 20th, 2017 at 1:53:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
You can "win" so long as you behave like a human being rather than a monkey in heat.

AFAIK, most men at Fox News haven't been accused of anything.

And for that manner, most men aren't losing their jobs over multiple sexual harassment accusations.

Most likely it is old Bill and Roger who caused the issues.

I would note sometimes people who aren't informed (or weren't paying attention), get into this type of issue at work. And then they follow the policy after that.
But the majority never end up like Bill or Roger.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 20th, 2017 at 2:31:43 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Interesting that those who are the biggest fans of Bill O are throwing the blame at everyone else (the culture, the liberals, the women looking for a pay cheque) rather than Bill himself, and expressing condemnation for his actions. Because they don't know enough about the case. But enough to point around at 101 other places.

Many great people are flawed. It's up to the observers to decide if it takes away from his career and work or not.

Of course, Bill is unrepentant (both of them). Most people I've come across who are serial harassers think they've done nothing wrong.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 20th, 2017 at 4:06:12 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Sexual harassment and sexual assault are now so loosely defined that it is almost impossible to defend yourself if some one wants to take a run at you. Normal banter can be framed/slightly altered by the accuser easily to meet the criteria. I am glad I no longer have employees so I don't need to worry about what kind of bullshit might come down the line from a disgruntled employee.

My experience with claims I have personal knowledge of over the last 10 years have been 60% false. Some of these have been malicious attacks many are just bending what had happened after encouragement from various women's groups by those that want to change the optics of what they voluntarily did.

I am glad my coaching kids sports days are over as well. It is so onerous now that there must be a least two adults in the locker room at all times. On must be a female if it is a mixed sex team. This isn't because of an increase in incidents but the clubs are so scared of the bad publicity even from an incident that it was proven didn't occur or was harmless.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 20th, 2017 at 4:26:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
Sexual harassment and sexual assault are now so loosely defined that it is almost impossible to defend yourself if some one wants to take a run at you. Normal banter can be framed/slightly altered by the accuser easily to meet the criteria. I am glad I no longer have employees so I don't need to worry about what kind of bullshit might come down the line from a disgruntled employee.

Why would anyone would want to have employees at all anymore? Do your own thing, hire casual labor as needed.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2017 at 5:40:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote:
kenarman I am glad I no longer have employees so I don't need to worry about what kind of bullshit might come down the line from a disgruntled employee.
We had a large project winding down and workers were being rif'd a few at a time. A female employee told me in private that if I didn't keep her on, she would call my wife at home and say that I had been hitting on her.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 20th, 2017 at 6:58:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
We had a large project winding down and workers were being rif'd a few at a time. A female employee told me in private that if I didn't keep her on, she would call my wife at home and say that I had been hitting on her.

So, unless you promptly reported her, or fired her you are reacting to the same fear people who are sexually harassed are under when they decide they won't report their boss because either they won't be believed and/or the boss will retaliate in some manner, either fire them, or not promote them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 20th, 2017 at 7:24:52 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
So, unless you promptly reported her, or fired her you are reacting to the same fear people who are sexually harassed are under when they decide they won't report their boss because either they won't be believed and/or the boss will retaliate in some manner, either fire them, or not promote them.

Not now it has turned 180 deg. It is now reverse onus for the males, if you can't prove your innocence you are presumed guilty. The female bosses can still get away with harassing the males though.
April 20th, 2017 at 7:33:05 PM permalink
rxwine
For a couple thousand years in most civilizations men didn't have to even worry if the woman was believed or not.

So um, join the oppressed for a change of pace. Have a good cry. Or whatever.
April 20th, 2017 at 8:02:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
For a couple thousand years in most civilizations men didn't have to even worry if the woman was believed or not.

So um, join the oppressed for a change of pace. Have a good cry. Or whatever.

So your plan isn't to make things better just to switch the masters and slaves. Hard to make a case for the higher moral ground with that premise.