Fox News bombshell - Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

April 20th, 2017 at 10:21:18 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
The only reason it "wasn't a big deal" when Clinton did it was because he was a liberal and pro-abortion Democrat. Sexual harassment was getting to be a big deal as early as the 1970s. But feminists will sell their soul for abortion. You can treat women like dirt but if you are pro-abortion they will swallow their pride and forget everything else.

I disagree. I think the terms under which people view sexual harrassment have changed. What was 'banter' is not accepted any more.

So, whats O'Reilly's excuse for treating women like dirt? Do you still support him? Do you think it's all made up as he's a public figure and a Fox celebrity? Should we swallow our pride and forget everything else as he's pro-right and anti-abortion? Lets talk about him, not a twenty year old case. What can we learn from Bill-O?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 20th, 2017 at 10:52:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
I disagree. I think the terms under which people view sexual harrassment have changed. What was 'banter' is not accepted any more.

So, whats O'Reilly's excuse for treating women like dirt? Do you still support him? Do you think it's all made up as he's a public figure and a Fox celebrity? Should we swallow our pride and forget everything else as he's pro-right and anti-abortion? Lets talk about him, not a twenty year old case. What can we learn from Bill-O?

I don't know enough about his case except that it seems to be a pile-on pattern in some of these cases. I bring up Clinton because the same folks who complain about Bill O and Trump defended Clinton to the end of the earth.

As to "banter" I do agree on that part. Keeps many men from talking to women at work about anything besides business.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2017 at 11:15:31 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I don't know enough about his case except that it seems to be a pile-on pattern in some of these cases. I bring up Clinton because the same folks who complain about Bill O and Trump defended Clinton to the end of the earth.

As to "banter" I do agree on that part. Keeps many men from talking to women at work about anything besides business.

So instead of finding out, you've decide to talk about someone different?

And if some men can't talk to women without sexually harassing them, probably just as well you only talk about business at work.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 20th, 2017 at 11:22:33 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

And if some men can't talk to women without sexually harassing them, probably just as well you only talk about business at work.

You're telling me women want to do a job and succeed in business and don't want to be objectified and harassed by skeezy old hacks?

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 20th, 2017 at 12:12:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman

No, it is that as a man you are presumed guilty and there are too many women out there waiting to be offended. It is the world we live in. Better to minimize risk. At the least make sure it is not the two of you only. When I was in management I was warned to never, ever have a woman in your office alone with you for any reason. Too easy for them to make a beef or/and sue.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2017 at 12:39:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I never ever defended Bill C regarding sexual harrassment. Never. It disgusted me.
As to talking to women at work. Every subject I would discuss with men would discuss with woman.
Take this board, all the subjects we discuss can be discussed with women
To not banter is absurd, unless you are Bill O type sleaze. I've developed great friendships with woman in the office. Some are actually sports fanatics. A lot of subjects to banter.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 20th, 2017 at 12:41:45 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
When I was in management I was warned to never, ever have a woman in your office alone with you for any reason. Too easy for them to make a beef or/and sue.

In 1948, Graham held a series of evangelistic meetings in Modesto, California. Together with Cliff Barrows, Grady Wilson, and George Beverly Shea, he resolved then to "avoid any situation that would have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion." Since that time, Graham has not traveled, met, or eaten alone with a woman other than his wife Ruth.

The rule has been criticized for viewing women merely as potential objects of lust as well as restricting opportunities for women to network with male colleagues. Tracey Bianchi argues that it means "women are marginalized and cut out of opportunities to network, share their ideas, and advance in the organization." Bianchi also argues that the rule conflicts with the practice of Jesus himself, who spent time alone with the Samaritan woman at the well. Ty Grigg suggests that the rule has not been "effective at curbing infidelity". He argues that the rule "has framed relating with the opposite sex with fear", and that this leads to a diminished mutual respect, which in turn creates "the kind of environment where inappropriate relating is more likely to occur."

So you can't win, even if you follow the "Billy Graham Rule".
April 20th, 2017 at 1:04:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin
Bianchi also argues that the rule conflicts with the practice of Jesus himself, who spent time alone with the Samaritan woman at the well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35542708
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 20th, 2017 at 1:11:00 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

You can "win" so long as you behave like a human being rather than a monkey in heat.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 20th, 2017 at 1:22:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
In 1948, Graham held a series of evangelistic meetings in Modesto, California. Together with Cliff Barrows, Grady Wilson, and George Beverly Shea, he resolved then to "avoid any situation that would have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion." Since that time, Graham has not traveled, met, or eaten alone with a woman other than his wife Ruth.

The rule has been criticized for viewing women merely as potential objects of lust as well as restricting opportunities for women to network with male colleagues. Tracey Bianchi argues that it means "women are marginalized and cut out of opportunities to network, share their ideas, and advance in the organization."

Too many women want to be "equal to the boys" until they see how rough the boys play. Not that girls treat each other nicely, that Elaine Benes quote about abusing each other until they develop an eating disorder is probably more true than a joke.

But I am more with Graham than against in this area. The higher up a guy is the more he has to watch. Even low-level, people just want to gossip. Seen it happen.

I guess I am lucky to be mostly out of corporate nonsense, and when I have been in it I either hang with mostly guys or keep to myself.
The President is a fink.