Trump's finger on the trigger

Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »
December 22nd, 2015 at 2:49:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Most Dems do agree, if you do not toe their line they will isolate you. Might be the reason there seems to be twice the interest in the GOP field? GOP is a big-tent party where many ideas are welcome.

Why not praise Putin? The guy is effective. If Obama had 1/10 the street smarts that Putin had he would have 10Xs the street smarts he actually has. I mean, thinking a YouTube video caused an attack? Thinking that muslims love us but will join ISIS because of a statement Trump makes?

I support Omalley or Bernie over Clinton
Regardless, I am not isolated.
Most cycles Dems don't agree. this is a rare cycle when they do agree, and its hardly due to a threat of isolation.

Gop a big tent party????? Many ideas are welcome????????
Are you serious?

I can't wait till the head of N Korea praises Trump
I'll have the popcorn out when Trump returns the compliment

A republican praising a communist, lol. Will Cruz ever praise Putin, I think not. Shows how out there Trump is.
How many Republican leaders will follow Trump praising Putin. zero?

Trump is the greatest political entertainer ever. I have never had the popcorn out so early in a cycle.
The more he entertains, the more unpresidential this guy looks
He is the best thing to happen for the Dems
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:25:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

Gop a big tent party????? Many ideas are welcome????????
Are you serious?

Completely.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2016 at 4:49:19 PM permalink
terapined
Trump is totally upset that Samuel Jackson has accused him of cheating at golf.
If a friend said this about me, I would chuckle.
Take somebody like Cruz, he would probably chuckle if accused of cheating at golf.
Trump, he is completely offended and on the warpath with Samuel Jackson
Something so small and insignificant and well, sadly, I am not surprised with Trumps antics
Trump now claims he never played golf with Jackson
Hmm
Who is lying?
Looks like Trump and Samuel Jackson did play golf lol

Oh no, running out of popcorn. Its popcorn nite evertime Trump speaks :-)

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/entertainment/samuel-l-jackson-in-golf-spat-with-donald-trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 22nd, 2016 at 9:05:34 AM permalink
terapined
. Might be the reason there seems to be twice the interest in the GOP field? GOP is a big-tent party where many ideas are welcome.

Big tent?
Many ideas welcome?
Tell that to the National review
There are a lot of Republican candidates running. Trump is not the only game in town
Why is the GOP so upset that the National Review supports some of the other republican candidates
Looks like National Review ideas not welcome lol

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/22/rnc-cuts-debate-ties-with-conservative-magazine-over-anti-trump-issue.html
February 29th, 2016 at 11:36:41 AM permalink
Canyonero
Threads: 10
Coming back to my original question in this thread, this statement lets me feel a little better (although not much):

"Former CIA director: Military may refuse to follow Trump’s orders if he becomes president"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/28/former-cia-director-military-may-refuse-to-follow-trumps-orders-if-he-becomes-president/?tid=pm_national_pop_b
February 29th, 2016 at 5:18:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Canyonero

"Former CIA director: Military may refuse to follow Trump’s orders if he becomes president"

Meh, I've seen this movie before. They took an oath.

What scares me more is how the establishment keeps reacting when an outsider breaks the rules.
The President is a fink.
February 29th, 2016 at 7:15:48 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Meh, I've seen this movie before. They took an oath.

What scares me more is how the establishment keeps reacting when an outsider breaks the rules.

Those god-damn liberals, going around breaking rules.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 29th, 2016 at 8:08:08 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Canyonero
Coming back to my original question in this thread, this statement lets me feel a little better (although not much):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/28/former-cia-director-military-may-refuse-to-follow-trumps-orders-if-he-becomes-president/?tid=pm_national_pop_b

I think an important word is missing from the headline - "unlawful"
As in "...military may refuse to follow trump's unlawful orders..."
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 1st, 2016 at 3:01:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
I think an important word is missing from the headline - "unlawful"
As in "...military may refuse to follow trump's unlawful orders..."

Why do we assume Trump will give unlawful orders? Does he have a history of doing so? Would they be any more unlawful than the drone war Obama has carried out?
The President is a fink.
March 1st, 2016 at 4:03:30 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Why do we assume Trump will give unlawful orders? Does he have a history of doing so? Would they be any more unlawful than the drone war Obama has carried out?

Well, the article points out some of the unlawful orders that they think Trump wants to issue.

It looks like it is the opinion of the interviewee that the military might not want to follow some of those particular unlawful orders.

I think the other difference is whether or not the military agrees with the unlawful orders. If it is an unlawful order that they like, I think they are more likely to follow it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »