Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

November 19th, 2015 at 2:55:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
Misleading, and you know it. We've had this discussion before. For whites attackers, their victims were white 56% of the time and Black 10.4% of the time. For black attackers, their victims were black 62.2% and white 13.7% of the time. The fact is that white violent offenders (2,894,567) outnumber violent black offenders (1,451,322) and that if you are white person and are attacked, it will be 4.09 times as likely that your offender will be white vs black.

Your own numbers are being played with here. 2.9 million whites attack whites but 1.5 million blacks do. Lets just call it a 2:1 ratio. However, there are about 6 or more times as many whites as blacks. So if you look at a random white vs a random black the random black is far more likely to be an attacker than a random white.

Quote:
No common sense here, just some playing with numbers to scare you.

These numbers may scare someone who does not understand how figures work as well as some milk-drinking kid who never leaves the suburbs. I have been in the real world, however.

Quote:
Nor are terrorists. How many Americans have died on American soil due to terrorist plots in the past 10 years? How many Americans have died of serial killers? How many American have died in gun violence? How many from obesity? How many from car accidents?

I do not go around worrying about terror attacks. Some people I have known do. However, that does not mean I do not have the common sense to say we should not be taking refugees in the ten of thousands from a society known to be hostile to the USA and western values and that has a history of supporting terror.
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2015 at 3:41:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
I find humor a useful tool in conveying thoughts. It is also a coping mechanism for me to deal with tragedy, and ugliness. I need to make light of the horrific way we treat each other. I certainly don't mean to appear "silly". You do recall this:

You might want to re-think your humor. What you wrote was the same as talking about "legitimate rape." I do not get the comparison to my YT link so please enlighten me if a reply is desired.

Quote:
Again, I think humor can be a great education tool or means of communication. Having raised daughters which you have not, I wanted them to consider all exposures, not just minority's in hoodies. In the north, everyone wears hoodies, even in summer, but of course that is beside your point.

I live in the north. I see few people wearing hoodies in the summer. When I do the people I see wearing them have other cues as to not being savory folks.

Quote:
Every parent try's to teach their kids not to get in cars with strangers. I get that there are more threatening looking people, than others. But I also impressed this upon my kids. Child molesters often dress nicely are often clean and drive good cars. It is a tool of predators to appear non threatening.

That's what I'm saying. My daughter comes home and tells me a black kid wants to date her, and I say no way. She says, dad you are prejudiced. I say, you are 15 years old and you aren't going out with anyone. Then I explained what I call, "the great black myth" to her. Trying to use some reverse psychological trick to, whatever.

Did you also tell her that most molesters won't pick her up in a car but are more likely to be someone they know and trust? As to whatever "the great black myth" means here, what you are stating is that a person had better not even consider race in anything, even if they had to describe the person they had better say, "6', black hair, brown eyes." At lest that is how I am reading it. Why race is so taboo to some I will never know, but to ignore it is the downfall of many.

Quote:
I can't imagine having to get on a subway. I don't want to do that any more than I want to visit Mumbai. Just not my thing. But, if I had to get on a subway, I would hope I was armed to the teeth.

Why? Afraid of all those white people on it? (for those of you in Rio Linda, that is satire)
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2015 at 3:44:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Your own numbers are being played with here. 2.9 million whites attack whites but 1.5 million blacks do. Lets just call it a 2:1 ratio. However, there are about 6 or more times as many whites as blacks. So if you look at a random white vs a random black the random black is far more likely to be an attacker than a random white.

How do you determine if somebody is Black
People look at me and say I am white
The reality is I am not White
What color do you consider me?
People look at Obama and say he is Black
Obama is not Black
If somebody is bi-racial, say 1/2 Hispanic 1/2 black, they are not Black
How about 25% black, 75% Hispanic, What is your classification

How is color determined by your statistics?
Appearance?
Your stats are way off
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 19th, 2015 at 5:21:26 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
The whole issue to me is not about black vs white statistics or vice-versa, but whether or not Western society is going to be too worried about appearing 'racist' to do what it takes to keep the wrong kind of people out of our societies. A lot of it is common sense or, yes, instinct: people from areas of the world where they hate us? well, they need to stay over there hating us, not acting out on that hate within our borders.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 19th, 2015 at 5:39:51 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
The whole issue to me is not about black vs white statistics or vice-versa, but whether or not Western society is going to be too worried about appearing 'racist' to do what it takes to keep the wrong kind of people out of our societies. A lot of it is common sense or, yes, instinct: people from areas of the world where they hate us? well, they need to stay over there hating us, not acting out on that hate within our borders.

It impossible to determine who the wrong kind of people are simply by appearance, race, national origin, color of hair, accent, religion ect
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 19th, 2015 at 5:53:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
How do you determine if somebody is Black
People look at me and say I am white
The reality is I am not White
What color do you consider me?
People look at Obama and say he is Black
Obama is not Black
If somebody is bi-racial, say 1/2 Hispanic 1/2 black, they are not Black
How about 25% black, 75% Hispanic, What is your classification

How is color determined by your statistics?
Appearance?
Your stats are way off

They are fbi stats not mine.

Sorry about pointing out reality.
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2015 at 5:58:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
It impossible to determine who the wrong kind of people are simply by appearance, race, national origin, color of hair, accent, religion ect

Impossible? Hardly. Appearance is often a great indicator. PC police try to say it is not but simple situational awareness dictates otherwise.
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2015 at 6:38:07 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5

Ah good. The ratio is closer to 5:1 (196,817,552 whites to 37.685,848 blacks according to the 2010 census). So taking it all in, blacks are 2.7x more likely to commit a violent crime (4%) than whites (1.5%). Truth.

Quote:
These numbers may scare someone who does not understand how figures work as well as some milk-drinking kid who never leaves the suburbs. I have been in the real world, however.

Perhaps you need a different eyeglass prescription.

Quote:
I do not go around worrying about terror attacks. Some people I have known do. However, that does not mean I do not have the common sense to say we should not be taking refugees in the ten of thousands from a society known to be hostile to the USA and western values and that has a history of supporting terror.

The US has been taking in refugees from Muslim countries for decades (For example 4,041 Somali Muslims in 2010 -- these report by nationality and religion are available online). How many of those refugees have carried out attacks in the US? ). None. Of course one has to vet these refugees. But it is far more likely for people to become indoctrinated while on home soil or after a trip abroad.
November 19th, 2015 at 6:38:42 AM permalink
terapined
Impossible? Hardly. Appearance is often a great indicator. PC police try to say it is not but simple situational awareness dictates otherwise.

What appearance do you look for when determining a criminal?
Some police are criminals. What is the appearance you are looking for to determine which police are criminals?
How does the FBI determine if somebody is Black?
I just took a health assessment for my insurance company, had to answer other regarding race
What are the statistics for criminal behavior for "other" races
November 19th, 2015 at 6:41:05 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

For bigots it's that easy.

The hard part is rationalizing their prejudices so they don't appear bigoted.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER