Yup
giddy
I have friends that are Trump supporters
I've offered them bets, they want odds
Over at WOV there have been some bets
All Trump supporters want odds
Its not just me
Even Trump supporters know he's a long shot
They may be foolish for supporting Trump but they are not dumb enough to put even money on him
Yup, giddy :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 8th, 2016 at 3:42:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Hispanics hate Trump.
Blacks hate Trump.
Women hate Trump.

Trump will lose. It really is as simple as that. The GOP knew this in 2012 (see the autopsy report). They know it now.

Yes, Trump has struck a cord with a certain part of the country. But there just aren't enough racist white dudes to make up those negatives.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 8th, 2016 at 4:25:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Yes, Trump has struck a cord with a certain part of the country. But there just aren't enough racist white dudes to make up those negatives.

That will just make the tantrum the Trumpkins will throw when their man loses all the more epic.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 8th, 2016 at 8:19:34 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

We almost had Trump as POTUS for 9-11.
May 10th, 2016 at 11:36:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"And then these three polls hit. And there are people scratching their heads in curiosity. Others are in near panic over this. I've got some examples here of the media talking about this, and they're having to chat themselves off the ledge. They're talking to each other, "No, no, no, no! Don't worry." "But does this mean that Trump can win?" "Yeah, I think we have to admit now that, yeah, Trump can win." "No, no, no! Trump can't win. There there's no scenario that he wins." "Well, I think the polls indicate that we might have to consider it as a possibility."

Dead heat: Trump, Clinton tied in 3 swing-state polls

The poll shows close races in Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-clinton-florida-ohio-pennsylvania-222994#ixzz48HO4IzgI

O'DONNELL: You worked for George W. Bush. George W. Bush, his father, other Republicans say they're not going to the convention. Can he (Trump) win?

MCKINNON: Well, that's what these polls out today say. Yeah, he can. These are swing states and he's winning in Ohio. That's quite a surprise.

HALPERIN: A lot of tensions are Republicans thinking we don't really like him, we don't trust him, and he can't win. If it looks like he can win and Republicans can have the House, Senate, and White House, a lot of Republicans will follow.

ROSE: These are real polls. I mean, these are real numbers.

HALPERIN: These are really polls in real states.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 10th, 2016 at 2:07:56 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
"And then these three polls hit. And there are people scratching their heads in curiosity. Others are in near panic over this. I've got some examples here of the media talking about this, and they're having to chat themselves off the ledge. They're talking to each other, "No, no, no, no! Don't worry." "But does this mean that Trump can win?" "Yeah, I think we have to admit now that, yeah, Trump can win." "No, no, no! Trump can't win. There there's no scenario that he wins." "Well, I think the polls indicate that we might have to consider it as a possibility."

Dead heat: Trump, Clinton tied in 3 swing-state polls

The poll shows close races in Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-clinton-florida-ohio-pennsylvania-222994#ixzz48HO4IzgI

O'DONNELL: You worked for George W. Bush. George W. Bush, his father, other Republicans say they're not going to the convention. Can he (Trump) win?

MCKINNON: Well, that's what these polls out today say. Yeah, he can. These are swing states and he's winning in Ohio. That's quite a surprise.

HALPERIN: A lot of tensions are Republicans thinking we don't really like him, we don't trust him, and he can't win. If it looks like he can win and Republicans can have the House, Senate, and White House, a lot of Republicans will follow.

ROSE: These are real polls. I mean, these are real numbers.

HALPERIN: These are really polls in real states.

Guess we should call the election for Trump now then, eh? Based on 3 Quinnipiac polls in May...

Also, if Hillary wins Pennsylvania & Florida by 1 point, as those polls show, she wins the election. No Republican can become President without Florida...
May 10th, 2016 at 2:58:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

The trend should easily follow Trump. He went from nothing in the GOP Primary to taking it almost easily. Without any real ads or such. Now same thing, same talking heads giving him no chance, lookey lookey, he is making inroads in the battleground states.

Men hate Hillary, and she has written off the white vote. She has to thread the needle perfectly without the white vote. Just wait until people notice the economy slowing. Auto sales seem to have peaked, several carmakers pulling back on production this quarter, still in denial for reasons. Hillary will have a hard time blaming things on Obama.
The President is a fink.
May 10th, 2016 at 9:50:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Oh my, this is turning around rather quickly.
Trump has only been the nominee for a week.
Oh well, Hillary has six long months to turn
on that charm and boundless energy to get
her big lead back. (snicker)

REUTERS ROLLING: HILLARY 41.3%, TRUMP 40.0%...

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM651Y15_13/filters/LIKELY:1/dates/20160505-20160510/type/day
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 11th, 2016 at 8:24:00 AM permalink
ams288
This is why no one on the left is really sweating those Quinnipiac polls from yesterday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/10/a-new-poll-shows-trump-beating-clinton-in-ohio-but-it-assumes-a-pretty-white-electorate/

Quote:
In order to estimate the results of a general election match-up, Quinnipiac has to estimate the composition of the general electorate. In November 2012, 79 percent of the electorate in Ohio was white — but Quinnipiac's polling sample is 83 percent white in the state. In Florida, Quinnipiac's sample is two points whiter than in 2012; in Pennsylvania, it's three points whiter. And if the sample is more white, that almost necessarily means that it's less non-white.

Could the electorate be more white in 2016 than it was in 2012? Based on the shifting demographics of the country, it's not likely.
May 11th, 2016 at 8:38:15 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
This is why no one on the left is really sweating those Quinnipiac polls from yesterday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/10/a-new-poll-shows-trump-beating-clinton-in-ohio-but-it-assumes-a-pretty-white-electorate/

Could the electorate be more white in 2016 than it was in 2012? Based on the shifting demographics of the country, it's not likely.

It appears the left is already starting to grasp at straws. Not many posts ago it was going to be a landslide for Hillary now you are worry about a couple of percent a polls mix of respondents might be off.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin