Upcoming Primaries

May 4th, 2016 at 2:30:28 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
Being on Oxy doesn't make you delusional, running out does.

After ten continuous years of vikes, I took some ox when I ran out. That dent in my truck bed? From a tree bordering my driveway. The driveway of the house I've lived in for THIRTY FREAKING YEARS. Backed right into it.

When I swam out to check the damage, all the ducks were gone. Now who would just leave a banana in the road? The house ain't even brown.

And that ^^ about sums up my one experience with ox. Oh, AND my back still hurt. Two thumbs down.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 4th, 2016 at 2:55:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
After ten continuous years of vikes, I took some ox when I ran out. That dent in my truck bed? From a tree bordering my driveway. The driveway of the house I've lived in for THIRTY FREAKING YEARS. Backed right into it.
Vikes are for kids. : ). There are miligram comparison charts on the web. It definitely is not one for one.

There is some new drug out , hundreds or thousands of times stronger than morphine. Those aren't party drugs. That is hundreds of times stronger than heroin. Stupid, squared.

I had an unpleasant experience with fentanyl patches. They can make a band aid that sticks to your skin for days, but they give you this stupid narcotic for pain management, and the thing falls off. So wth I Mcguyvered it, and taped one on. Then I went and laid on a heating pad. Don't do that. Time release, my a**.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 4th, 2016 at 3:07:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: ams288
I've had back surgery twice and both times they gave me a boatload of Percocet post-surgery.

My tolerance for drugs/alcohol is so high that I could never feel anything from it. I felt ripped off.
If you could do it over, would you still have the surgery?

I speak with many a back sufferer, and few are happy after a while that they went through with the knife?

Which part of your back?

If something like surgery happens again and you have time, discuss it with them first. A frequent narrative I have seen lately is [usually by those not in pain] is that long term sufferer's aren't helped my prescribing long term opiods for pain management.

That seems to be fueling the increase in heroin use. I think it awful that pain sufferers are driven to street drugs to combat debilitating pain. Supposedly to stop scrips from being diverted, and to prevent suicides.
May 4th, 2016 at 3:22:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
If you could do it over, would you still have the surgery?

I speak with many a back sufferer, and few are happy after a while that they went through with the knife?

Which part of your back?

If something like surgery happens again and you have time, discuss it with them first. A frequent narrative I have seen lately is [usually by those not in pain] is that long term sufferer's aren't helped my prescribing long term opiods for pain management.

That seems to be fueling the increase in heroin use. I think it awful that pain sufferers are driven to street drugs to combat debilitating pain. Supposedly to stop scrips from being diverted, and to prevent suicides.

Oh I would absolutely do it again. It was a herniated disc both times. L5-S1 in 2009. L4-L5 last June.

In 2009 I was literally unable to do anything but lay on the floor for nine days waiting for my surgery, the pain was so bad and painkillers had no effect. Last summer the pain was not as bad, but I needed a steady flow of Percocet to be able to function in public. Percocet made the pain go away for me, but I never felt anything like a "high" from it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 4th, 2016 at 3:27:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
Rush Limbaugh rarely goes all in for
anybody. He was cautious about
McCain and really cautious about
Romney. He's a big Cruz fan, even
though he doesn't take sides in the
primaries. I read his transcripts every
day, he's always praising Cruz. So
it was a letdown for him yesterday.

But today he came right out and said
Trump has a good chance of beating
Hillary in a landslide. My jaw dropped,
Rush just doesn't often talk like that.
She just has too much baggage, she's
nothing new, she's been around too
long, people know her inside and out.
She the establishment candidate and
that's what people don't want this time.

Last cycle right pinned their hopes on Karl Rove and skewed polls
This cycle its Rush lol
I hope they have Rush on Fox election night so we can see a meltdown as Foxnews calls it early for Clinton.

You listen to Rush, I'll take the UK bookies setting odds and Nate Silver
wishful hope vs logical analysis
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 4th, 2016 at 3:29:44 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Oh I would absolutely do it again. It was a herniated disc both times.

Last summer the pain was not as bad, but I needed a steady flow of Percocet to be able to function in public.

Grrrr....
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 4th, 2016 at 3:38:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Last cycle right pinned their hopes on Karl Rove and skewed polls
This cycle its Rush lol

What we're pinning our hopes on is that
Trump exposes Hillary for the lying cheating
criminal she is, and her husband. Hillary is
like a Chinese menu. You can pick one from
column A, one from column B, all the way
thru the alphabet. You might not have
noticed, there is no excitement for Hillary
anywhere, nor will there be. She stinks up
every room she enters.

Quote:
I'll take the UK bookies setting odds and Nate Silver
wishful hope vs logical analysis

Last summer Trump was dead last with the
UK bookies and Nate Silver. They were 100%
wrong. Oops!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 4th, 2016 at 3:40:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
edited
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 4th, 2016 at 5:48:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Oh I would absolutely do it again. It was a herniated disc both times. L5-S1 in 2009. L4-L5 last June.
I hope you are done.

That has been the experience of people I have talked to. As you know, fuse two together, and all the stress is transferred to the disc above and below it. Not wishing it on you, but it seems that is about how long it lasts is around 5 years.

One of my disc's at C-5 degenerated enough that two vertebra fused together. I did something and snapped the fusion apart. Then you could hear the bone in there grinding. The nerves had a nice little pathway out to the hand until I did that.

Like the MIL said, getting old ain't for wimps.

I just had caudal epidurals two weeks ago. I think total, including both shoulders, that puts me well over 50. I quit counting after 38.
May 4th, 2016 at 8:46:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Trump was on O'Reilly tonight and he was a
different man. It was like a huge weight had
been lifted off him. He's the nominee, that
part is behind him. And he belongs to nobody,
he's beholden to nobody. He'll use RNC money
to get elected from now on.

O'Reilly did mention how nice a family Trump
has, and he really does. They're all very pleasant
intelligent people and very well spoken. They
will make a super First Family. I was noticing last
night that it makes any man look good to
have beautiful women standing behind you.