The Insanity of the United States Postal Service

August 20th, 2020 at 1:08:21 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: gamerfreak
Bruh, my 3rd grade nephew would blow you out of the water on a civics case. Every time you bring up the constitution on this forum it’s literally made up nonsense.

Please go read the elections clause and then I’ll get my nephew in here and you guys can fight. I’m already taking bets by PM and he is by far the favorite.

Must have struck a nerve. I guess my post was right on target after all. 😂😂
August 20th, 2020 at 7:49:48 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
Nobody is undermining the USPS. Liberal fairy tale. They have had a new fairy tale every month or so this year to try to attack Trump.

I am not going off liberal fairy tales, I am going off of direct statements and actions from the POTUS and postmaster general.

Voting should be in person and show ID. Mail-in has too many problems as we have seen.

That is a perfectly valid opinion, but that does not change the fact that it’s currently up to the stages to decide.

State legislatures have the authority regulate nearly all election. Things like notices, registration, supervision of voting, protection of voters, prevention of fraud and corrupt practices, counting of votes, duties of inspectors and canvassers, and making and publication of election returns are completely in control by the states. The constitution and SCOTUS are both very clear about this.

If you want to reform mail in voting on the federal level, the only venue to do so is via a congressional bill, not choking the life out of USPS. The constitution is also very clear on this issue. The executive branch has no power to regulate any matter of elections.
August 20th, 2020 at 7:51:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I really wish Face was around to add his input on what is going on at the post office.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 20th, 2020 at 7:57:09 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: DRich
I really wish Face was around to add his input on what is going on at the post office.

Where is Face?
August 20th, 2020 at 8:00:00 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: Shrek
Must have struck a nerve. I guess my post was right on target after all. 😂😂

No nerve struck.

When I said that the issue of mail in voting is up to the states, you said I probably never read the constitution.

Yet the constitution very clearly spells out that nearly all election matters are up to the individual state legislatures.

I figured with all the emojis and Libbie slam gifs you could keep up with some light razzing.
August 20th, 2020 at 8:36:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Where is Face?

He got demoted from mod and
disappeared. Why he was
demoted is a mystery.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 21st, 2020 at 3:46:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

If you want to reform mail in voting on the federal level, the only venue to do so is via a congressional bill, not choking the life out of USPS. The constitution is also very clear on this issue. The executive branch has no power to regulate any matter of elections.

Give me a break! The USPS is by charter supposed to support itself. The only one "choking the life out of the USPS" is the USPS itself.
The President is a fink.
August 21st, 2020 at 9:34:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Give me a break! The USPS is by charter supposed to support itself. The only one "choking the life out of the USPS" is the USPS itself.

Even in the 70's the PO was
a place people tried to get
into because the employee's
were overpaid with boatloads
of benefits. You could be a
5' tall 300 pound 55 year old
woman, but you'd been there
20 years and you'd have to kill
somebody before they fired
you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 21st, 2020 at 10:35:25 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Except it has strict legal limitations on its pricing (maximum its allowed to charge), which is why it cannot compete with services that charge more.

Its expected to be run like a buisness, but cannot raise its prices, recipe for disaster....
August 21st, 2020 at 11:52:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Except it has strict legal limitations on its pricing (maximum its allowed to charge), which is why it cannot compete with services that charge more.

Its expected to be run like a buisness, but cannot raise its prices, recipe for disaster....

It cannot raise its prices? Is that why a stamp still costs $0.13?
The President is a fink.