The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

March 23rd, 2017 at 4:18:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
That's insane.
Well, when you are pissed off at lying incompetent quacks and also a pauper, there is not much you can do but quit everything cold turkey. Still dealing with the gout attack by hobbling around but kidneys resumed functioning this morning after a three or four day vacation.
March 31st, 2017 at 6:48:21 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Got a new mask for the rear end of that vacuum/vaccum hose the quacks want me to wear at night.

Slept seven hours straight, got up and fed the feral cats their breakfast, checked the obituary column, stuffed some shredded wheat down my gullet, went back to bed and slept another five hours.

A new mask and suddenly its twelve hours of sleep. Usually twelve hours of sleep is about one week's worth.
March 31st, 2017 at 7:51:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Got a new mask for the rear end of that vacuum/vaccum hose the quacks want me to wear at night.

Slept seven hours straight, got up and fed the feral cats their breakfast, checked the obituary column, stuffed some shredded wheat down my gullet, went back to bed and slept another five hours.

A new mask and suddenly its twelve hours of sleep. Usually twelve hours of sleep is about one week's worth.
Gool deal Flea, that sleep deprivation is a miserable thing.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 1st, 2017 at 11:37:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
Gool deal Flea, that sleep deprivation is a miserable thing.
It sure is. It affects so many different organs and hormonal set points. One of the best articles on the systemic effects of sleep deprivation is from an Arabic medical journal. If you can get past the quotations from the Koran, you get some really good medical data. Very thorough work. My cardiologist suffered from undiagnosed sleep apnea for much of his life and when I spoke to him about recent research in the area he was fascinated by it. For someone who hasn't slept in more than two hour segments for eons, seven hours of sleep is unheard of.
April 1st, 2017 at 5:56:19 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
' checked the obituary column" Did they all die in alphabetical order again ?
April 1st, 2017 at 6:27:52 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: buzzardknot
' checked the obituary column" Did they all die in alphabetical order again ?
Yeah, but my name was not there, so I got out of bed.
April 28th, 2017 at 5:12:25 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Wow.... that lisdexafentamine seems to be great stuff. Its all over the college campuses and also in many high schools. Its Rx only of course but that just means its going to be high priced. No generics available or anything but some middle class folks can get discount coupons once they go thru some paperwork hurdles with insurance companies and the manufacturer. People are even sticking up WalMart at gunpoint and asking for it by name. It seems its the new Adderal but without the side effects and hypermania.

And wouldn't you know: Medicare's response to me was "No Way!!". Medicate said '$240.00 for a ten day supply. Like I could afford that. I don't spend that much in a month on food, much less drugs.

It seems the discount coupons are what allows individual pills to be sold on campuses.

Its trade name is Vyvanse.
April 28th, 2017 at 10:00:18 AM permalink
petroglyph
Wow.... that lisdexafentamine seems to be great stuff. Its all over the college campuses and also in many high schools. Its Rx only of course but that just means its going to be high priced. No generics available or anything but some middle class folks can get discount coupons once they go thru some paperwork hurdles with insurance companies and the manufacturer. People are even sticking up WalMart at gunpoint and asking for it by name. It seems its the new Adderal but without the side effects and hypermania.

And wouldn't you know: Medicare's response to me was "No Way!!". Medicate said '$240.00 for a ten day supply. Like I could afford that. I don't spend that much in a month on food, much less drugs.

It seems the discount coupons are what allows individual pills to be sold on campuses.

Its trade name is Vyvanse.
What is it supposed to do?
April 28th, 2017 at 10:11:03 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
What is it supposed to do?
Oh, yeah. Sorry.

It was developed as a treatment for ADHD but seems very successful as a mind-sharpening antidepressant that allows sustained focused activity, mild antiaxiety and perhaps a tad bit of a mild euphoria effect. Of course that it suppresses appetite and aids in weight loss sure helps its popularity too.

Its the perfect drug for someone who wants to study all night then take an exam with great confidence and complete a cross word puzzle while not worrying about anything and simultaneously losing weight. You get everything done without effort or anxiety. Its sort of similar to the first few hours after taking an Adderal tablet but without suffering the hypermania and lack of focus that follows hours after taking an Adderal.

It sounds like it would be just perfect for ending my sitting and staring at the dirty dishes while feeding my face... it would force me get up and wash the darn dishes and stop over eating. Just perfect for getting more done, feeling better and losing weight. Its just too darn expensive for me.
April 28th, 2017 at 4:22:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Oh, yeah. Sorry.

It was developed as a treatment for ADHD but seems very successful as a mind-sharpening antidepressant that allows sustained focused activity, mild antiaxiety and perhaps a tad bit of a mild euphoria effect. Of course that it suppresses appetite and aids in weight loss sure helps its popularity too.

Its the perfect drug for someone who wants to study all night then take an exam with great confidence and complete a cross word puzzle while not worrying about anything and simultaneously losing weight. You get everything done without effort or anxiety. Its sort of similar to the first few hours after taking an Adderal tablet but without suffering the hypermania and lack of focus that follows hours after taking an Adderal.

It sounds like it would be just perfect for ending my sitting and staring at the dirty dishes while feeding my face... it would force me get up and wash the darn dishes and stop over eating. Just perfect for getting more done, feeling better and losing weight. Its just too darn expensive for me.
Sounds good. I have never taken and Adderal, but I could have used something like what you mentioned here for either studying or playing craps. Better living through chemistry.

Sounds like something they would hand out to soldiers. I read recently an article about spec ops having a fondness for enhancing products.

"A mind sharpening anti-depressant" sounds great.