The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

May 14th, 2017 at 12:34:44 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Geico doesn't use tow trucks to jump cars.
No coverage for it on my policy. Should have paid 14 dollars for it as an option. Should have thought about the possibility of coverage before all this waiting for a charger to arrive and then for it to actually work. Never thought of it. I hate getting old.
May 15th, 2017 at 12:05:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
I hate getting old.
Finally that toy from China blinked 'fully charged'. It started and I drove directly to mechanics where it tested out at 9 volts, so I sprung for over a Cnote to get a new battery and had to wait four hours for it.

Now I can catch up on milk, juice, water, etc. and Tumeric for podocytes, etc. Wanted iced tea in this heat but the store nearest the mechanic is too upscale to sell it.
May 15th, 2017 at 5:36:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Finally that toy from China blinked 'fully charged'. It started and I drove directly to mechanics where it tested out at 9 volts, so I sprung for over a Cnote to get a new battery

Just drive to Walmart and get one for 60
bucks and put it in yourself. Easy peasy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 15th, 2017 at 7:48:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
No not easy for me... and I didn't know this but there was an ant infestation under the battery. I'd have hated to have to deal with it. Trie to price batteries on amazon but couldn't. Should have thought of Walmart but didn't.
May 15th, 2017 at 8:32:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Just drive to Walmart and get one for 60
bucks and put it in yourself. Easy peasy.
I'll be dipped in feces on that one. I went to Interstate battery's figuring they would be competitive? Well, I was wrong. My pickup takes two. I paid 140 each. I have used Walmart when I was near one that had the automotive. They are as good as any on the cheap battery quality AFAIC. *%#*
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 15th, 2017 at 9:17:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
I have used Walmart when I was near one that had the automotive.

All the stores sell car batteries, not
just the ones that have an automotive
dept.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 16th, 2017 at 1:32:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Since I was without a vehicle and the larder was getting bare, I ordered groceries from Amazon. One item I clicked on had an image of several nice large cucumbers and text about 25 hybrid cucumber....Darnit... they sent me a package of SEEDS to grow my own.
May 17th, 2017 at 3:32:10 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Coming to this late, Fleastiff ...

I'm starting to see headlines:

Florida Man Carless, Life Saved by Amazon
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 17th, 2017 at 7:11:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: odiousgambit
Florida Man Carless, Life Saved by Amazon
No, actually its more a life that was saved by my going off my meds cold turkey. No longer a zombie after throwing all those pills out, but I still loathe the incidents of stupidity and not being alert enough to notice the difference between cucumbers and cucumber seeds. The infirmities of age would be more tolerable if it were not for the infirmities of poverty. And it is poverty that keeps me from having some half naked sweet young thing I could have sent for groceries and a new battery. And poverty that saddled me with those incompetent quacks in the first place.
May 17th, 2017 at 11:58:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Since I was without a vehicle and the larder was getting bare, I ordered groceries from Amazon..

Walmart has a wider variety, is cheaper,
and has free shipping over $35. I eat
a lot of canned stuff, like sardines and
salmon and sauerkraut & beans and chicken.
Can't beat Walmart prices.