Do it yourself

August 15th, 2023 at 10:23:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
That is what negotiating is all about. I love to negotiate.

Finally a difference between us! I hate haggling. The price is the price; my offer is my offer; it's a yes or no scenario for me. If I'm buying, I go straight to the highest amount I'll offer; if I'm selling, then the lowest amount I'll sell for.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2023 at 7:26:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'd knew I'd find (bing ai/chatGPT) good for something. I kept meaning to go through the PDF section on my Z-fold camera, but never get around to it. So I asked Bing Ai to create a summary of 20 operation instruction. Instant 20 list. Seems to be accurate. Just don't ask for math calculations.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 28th, 2023 at 2:44:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I finally got around to putting my generator together that I bought last year after the hurricane. I was impressed, one push of the button on the Fob and it fired right up. I don't know why, but I was expecting it to be a big process to get it to work.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 28th, 2023 at 3:30:24 PM permalink
rxwine
I finally got around to putting my generator together that I bought last year after the hurricane. I was impressed, one push of the button on the Fob and it fired right up. I don't know why, but I was expecting it to be a big process to get it to work.

If it's gasoline powered, you might want to see about putting gas stablizier in the tank if you leave it filled up for more than a few months. Probably says in the instructions. Or just fill it up when you need to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 28th, 2023 at 3:42:25 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
If it's gasoline powered, you might want to see about putting gas stablizier in the tank if you leave it filled up for more than a few months. Probably says in the instructions. Or just fill it up when you need to.

Thank you, I think I have some Stabil in the garage.
August 31st, 2023 at 7:36:26 AM permalink
DRich
My house is falling apart.

My shower and toilet have backed up and make a terrible gurgling sound. From what I read on the internet it sounds like a problem with the air flow and venting. Will that require someone to get on the roof and bore the ventilation pipe?
August 31st, 2023 at 7:46:28 AM permalink
rxwine
My house is falling apart.

My shower and toilet have backed up and make a terrible gurgling sound. From what I read on the internet it sounds like a problem with the air flow and venting. Will that require someone to get on the roof and bore the ventilation pipe?

I don't think that's a major repair. But that doesn't mean you won't get charged an arm and a leg.

(caveat: I am not a plumber, or professional handy man)
August 31st, 2023 at 7:48:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Do you have a septic tank?
August 31st, 2023 at 11:35:09 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
Do you have a septic tank?

No, on city sewer.
September 8th, 2023 at 2:15:44 PM permalink
DRich
Got a flat tire today. Probably my first one in 15 years. I haven't changed a tire since 1990. Fortunately my warranty covers roadside assistance so Triple A was out in about 45 minutes. Took him about 7 minutes to fill up the spare and swap it on. Hopefully it can be patched because I still like this car and it only has 21,000 miles on it, I am not ready to replace it yet.