Merry Christmas!

Page 3 of 6<123456>
December 25th, 2014 at 7:41:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Here’s his reasoning: Scripture tells us that Elizabeth conceived John the Baptist

Right now, with all our advanced knowledge and technology, we can't tell dates of conception exactly. I will not believe for a minute people in ancient times could tell to the day.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 25th, 2014 at 8:15:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: aceofspades
If Jesus was begotten by God, who's to say the human rules of gestation applied?

I think FrG will say that Jesus was fully human in terms of his physical appearance and thus would have gone through the usual nine-month gestation.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 25th, 2014 at 8:31:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I think FrG will say that Jesus was fully human in terms of his physical appearance and thus would have gone through the usual nine-month gestation.

So it wasn't like Alien, then.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2014 at 8:43:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
The Wizard is right that is pretty much what I would say.

Interesting side note there are some theologians who believe Jesus was also miraculously born from Mary's side?!? Yep, kind of alien like and creepy if you ask me. These people say that since Eve was created from the side of Adam, the new Adam (Jesus) would come forth from the side of the new Eve (Mary). Just for the record I completely disagree with this theory, as does most everybody I have ever met. I would go back to the Wizard's comments again to refute it; Jesus was truly man and therefore born of woman naturally at the end of nine months just like everyone else. Anyway, I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 25th, 2014 at 9:40:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Yep, kind of alien like and creepy

I think he was Josephs son and born the
regular way, was a regular man, who
got executed the regular way for the
times. I know that's radical thinking.
He was the first reformed rabbi, that's
all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2014 at 10:29:34 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Happy Christmas, all of yah. I just ate an awesome turkey, and drank awesome beer, and the world is right in these 1000 sq feet.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 26th, 2014 at 6:58:30 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Jesus was a regular man who was also truly God. This is why His birthday is celebrated around the world and why we mark our years from His death. He is the central figure in all of human history who has changed everything by His life. There has never been nor will there ever be a more extraordinary life than His. There has never been nor will there ever be better news than what He came to show us - God loves us, forgives us, and through Him we have eternal life.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 26th, 2014 at 8:11:28 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
The Wizard is right that is pretty much what I would say.

Interesting side note there are some theologians who believe Jesus was also miraculously born from Mary's side?!? Yep, kind of alien like and creepy if you ask me. These people say that since Eve was created from the side of Adam, the new Adam (Jesus) would come forth from the side of the new Eve (Mary). Just for the record I completely disagree with this theory, as does most everybody I have ever met. I would go back to the Wizard's comments again to refute it; Jesus was truly man and therefore born of woman naturally at the end of nine months just like everyone else. Anyway, I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas!

This sounds about as plausible as any other myths.
December 26th, 2014 at 8:26:40 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Merry Christmas everyone. I am just glad that in our time and our part of the world that we can have the debate in this thread without worrying about a knock on the door. Then off to the inquisition or a beheading.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 26th, 2014 at 8:59:55 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Today is December 26 so let me say happy:

1. Kwanzaa
  2. St. Stephens Day
  3. Boxing Day
  4. Le lendemain de Noel
  5. Proclamation Day

Did I forget any?