foreign policy

Page 1 of 41234>
November 17th, 2014 at 10:25:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Tanzania evicting 40,000 people from homeland to make room for Dubai Royal family

I wonder if this will be a political issue for the secretary of state? The front runner of either the red or blue team?

I always hear them speak of "experience" at foreign affairs. These nomads have lived on this land since time began, where is the outrage. Hillary will be as silent about this as she was during the carnage in Rwanda.

Two million people hacked to death with machete's because the tutsi wouldn't waste a bullet on a Hutu while the UN blue helmets watched. That is the integrity of all these sinister politicos who people will listen to in awe. Where is the msm?

edit
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 18th, 2014 at 4:06:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
ALL African politics is tribal. Europeans drew arbitrary lines on maps but all politics is tribal and all wars are genocidal because that is why people fight wars in the first place.
November 19th, 2014 at 6:40:13 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
ALL African politics is tribal.

I suppose European politics was traditionally tribal. When viewing Edward I slaughter of first Wales, then Ireland and Scotland we don't normally call it tribal.

November 19th, 2014 at 1:21:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Pacomartin
Quote:
I suppose European politics was traditionally tribal.
The way I see it, it still is.

In story linked by op:http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/16/tanzania-government-accused-serengeti-sale-maasai-lands

"The Maasai have followed seasonal rains with their cattle across what is now northern Tanzania and southern Kenya since pre-colonial times. But they have been gradually squeezed out of their territory. The process began in 1959 when the colonial British evicted the tribe from the Serengeti."

The deal broker OBC is associated with Prince Andrew, member of the Royal Society and the church of England, It looks like 80,000 people are going to need to find another way to live. But at least there will be some prime hunting grounds for Royalty both British and Middle Eastern.

I liked Paco's photo, I keep being reminded of the old saying "but those are the Kings deer". Let them eat cake indeed.
November 19th, 2014 at 8:53:45 PM permalink
Pacomartin
In what country is a territory that was originally proposed as a home for the Jews (as opposed to Palestine)? Good trivia question.
November 19th, 2014 at 11:13:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
In what country is a territory that was originally proposed as a home for the Jews (as opposed to Palestine)? Good trivia question.

I think the term "Jews" would infer pre-1917? I'll take Texas for one hundred, Alex.

An easier question might be "how many countries have Jews been kicked out of"?

November 20th, 2014 at 12:29:22 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I've yet to read a reasonable explanation
of why the Jews are so hated. Hitler didn't
like them because he thought they started
WWI. My theory is, they are successful at
almost everything they do, so they are
hated out of jealousy. They are bankers,
and jewelers, and lawyers, and property
owners (landlords), and CEO's, and movie
makers, and doctors, the list is endless.

Like Pol Pot said, first kill all the scientists
and intellectuals, then the rest is easy. Look
at Nobel Prize winners, how many of them
are Jewish. The smart are always hated.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 20th, 2014 at 2:53:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
of why the Jews are so hated. Hitler didn't
like them because he thought they started
WWI. My theory is, they are successful at
hated out of jealousy. They are bankers,
and jewelers, and lawyers, and property
owners (landlords), and CEO's, and movie
makers, and doctors, the list is endless.

I agree here. Same today as people who hate "the rich" or "the 1%" because someone has something they do not have and feel entitled to. Over the years Jews have been put it the worst places but through work and initiative always end up doing well. When they got excluded from many of the best clubs and institutions in the USA they did not whine but instead made their own clubs and institutions. Imagine if other groups had done this.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2014 at 7:34:04 AM permalink
Pacomartin
I've yet to read a reasonable explanation of why the Jews are so hated. Hitler didn't like them because he thought they started
WWI. My theory is, they are successful at almost everything they do, so they are hated out of jealousy.

Anti-semitism goes back to the 3rd century before Christ. But Anti semitism among the Christian church started in the 3rd century AD.

Anti-semitism seems particularly strange in Christianity, as Jesus was not only Jewish, but he regarded the Jews as the chosen people, and spent his entire life in Judea except for one brief journey to Tyre and Sidon that lasted only days. These towns are in Southern Lebanon about 100 miles from Tel-Aviv. He is approached by a non-Jew who he initially dismisses because she is not a Jew, but later relents and performs a miracle for her daughter.
Quote: Jesus went from there to the area of Tyre and Sidon.
22 A Canaanite woman from that area came out and began shouting, “Lord, Son of David, please help me! My daughter has a demon inside her, and she is suffering very much.”
23 But Jesus did not answer her. So the followers came to him and said, “Tell her to go away. She keeps crying out and will not leave us alone.”
24 Jesus answered, “God sent me only to the lost people[a] of Israel.”
25 Then the woman came over to Jesus and bowed before him. She said, “Lord, help me!”
26 He answered her with this saying: “It is not right to take the children’s bread and give it to the dogs.”
27 The woman said, “Yes, Lord, but even the dogs eat the pieces of food that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! You will get what you asked for.” And right then the woman’s daughter was healed.

Shakespeare's speech given to Shylock was often quoted after the Holocaust. Often the last two lines are omitted because Shylock is a vengeful man who intends to take a "pound of flesh" which he insisted for collateral for a business loan. The lendee lost everything when his ship sank at sea.
Quote: Shylock in Merchant of Venice
I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?

And if you wrong us, do we not revenge? If we are like you in the
rest, we will resemble you in that.

The defense against Shylock.
November 20th, 2014 at 5:40:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote:
of why the Jews are so hated. My theory is, they are successful at
hated out of jealousy.
I'm not a hundred percent sure of what people mean when they say Jew? If what is meant is people of the Judaic faith, then it is a religious identity. I re-inquired of an acquaintance just today. He claims to be Jewish, I again asked him what that means, and seeing as I received no answer the last time either I gave him a mini-selection. His explanation, was that he speaks with his hands, and wandered off in some diatribe about Italians? I have a beautiful cousin who married a Jewish person and they do indeed own a Jewelry store. I don't know that I will have a chance to ask her. I hear the term often enough, but it seems to mean different things to different speakers.

Especially in my cousins case, I would say if someone dislikes "Jews" automatically, I can think of no other reason than ignorance. She is beautiful through and through.

I think some use the term as loosely defined as just being circumcised. And still others believe it is defined as being Semitic.

Some say you have to be born to a Jewish mother, some say you can join up later on, see Sammy Davis Jr.?
Page 1 of 41234>