are psilocybin mushrooms next

Page 3 of 5<12345>
November 7th, 2014 at 7:25:18 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Face
They might be the single most vilest thing I have ever stuck in my mouth. This coming from a guy who gladly and regularly drinks crick water to this day.

I finally cracked it just in time to quit forever. You need to dry them completely and break them down as much as you can. Either just mash them in the bag or use a weed grinder or something. Place the powder/chunks in a coffee filter and brew them. Only use a few ounces of water and send the water through 3 or 4 times. You don't want to use the pot and have a whole quart of mush juice to drink.

Once done, keep the water hot (not boiling) and wrap the filter like a tea bag and let it sit. At this point, the water will be slightly cloudy. Leave it overnight.

By morning, the water should be a deep blue/green. Take a REAL Kool-Aid packet, the kind you need to add 2 cups of sugar to, and dump that in there. Chill, and drink. It is a powerfully sour concoction, but it sits nicely without that heavy "I'm gonna puke" feeling, and not a hint of that deep earth shroom taste can make it through. As a bonus, the fungi funk cannot recover. Burp all you want, every one will fill your mouth with a clean and pleasant citrus flavor.

Face, I can't tell what species you're talking about in this very descriptive recipe. Is this what you do to make the red/white speckled (fly agaric) palatable? Or liberty caps? Drinking any liquid with 2 cups of sugar would make me barf for sure!

I would just take a few crushed liberty caps and steep 'em in a half-cup of very hot water, not boiling. Very earthy taste, no need for sugar, but honey might do nicely.
November 7th, 2014 at 7:31:24 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I am just not a mushroom fan. The pizza ones I can eat out of a can, I do enjoy those. But any other sort of mushroom prepared any sort of different way isn't appealing to me.

Of course, a prepared portabello is something I just "don't enjoy". I can still eat it, and have. But the magic variety is just the nut low. I'd take a raw bite out of a partially decomposed trout before a magic mushroom ever touches my tongue again. It's like being electrocuted; I perceive the experience as so horrible that I lack the vocabulary to properly describe it.

Clams? Not gross, but I don't like those either. I suppose grinding my teeth has left me unable to chew them properly, as I have no choice but to swallow them whole. Venison? Never eat it, don't like it.

Survival wise, I'm a fungi idiot. I know puffballs are edible and can identify them from a death cap. I've eaten a few oyster mushrooms harvested off rotting trees. But they're all gross. I stopped my survivalist search of those because I figured there was no sense in finding stuff that was gonna put me in more danger by puking what little energy I had in me.

Were it to come to that, I will be fine. Worms taste exactly like dirt, no problem eating a pound of those if need be and they're as easy to find as falling over. Crickets, grasshoppers, mayflies, moths, there's food everywhere. Crayfish? Pfft, I usually catch 40-50 an hour. I'd eat like a king. Staying healthy would be the biggest issue as berries I have to identify the stupid way. Touch it. Does it burn? No? Squeeze the juice out. Does it burn? No? Rub some on your lips. Does it burn? No? Eat 5. Are you dead? No? Is your colon still attached, or is it on the trail? Still attached? OK, eat a few more...

Of course, if it's winter, I just hope I'll have a round left.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 7th, 2014 at 7:41:51 PM permalink
Face
Quote: zippyboy
Face, I can't tell what species you're talking about in this very descriptive recipe. Is this what you do to make the red/white speckled (fly agaric) palatable? Or liberty caps? Drinking any liquid with 2 cups of sugar would make me barf for sure!

I would just take a few crushed liberty caps and steep 'em in a half-cup of very hot water, not boiling. Very earthy taste, no need for sugar, but honey might do nicely.

I've only ever had the psilocyban mushroom, never any of the ones others are talking about here. But to be clear, I was only talking about the Kool-Aid mix without sugar. You can buy the packets that just mix with water for a glass of Kool-Aid, but those have the sugar already in it. If you buy the packets that are fit to make an entire gallon, those are the ones that require you add the sugar to it.

These "unsugared" packets are just superconcentrated citrus. Like I said, they're to make a gallon but I was only using them in 4 or so ounces of shroom juice. As a result, it was so potent it was all you could taste, both when drinking and when burping up later. No sugar was added to it, we took it raw.

I really, really did not like that taste lol. We mixed it with tea, lemon tea, and other brews to mask it, put them on pizza, made cheeze and crackers, ground them up in chocolate pudding, and every one was just as cripplingly awful as the next. Only 12,000% RDA of citric acid was enough to cover it up lol.
November 7th, 2014 at 9:30:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The op actually was about hoping they can make better medicine if the stigma can be removed. It will be such a shame in the future when they figure out how many lives could be saved or improved but were too afraid somebody might enjoy their medicine it was kept illegal. The stigma impugned on these substances because of prudish practices is such a waste. All hail big pharma [best imitation of the little beings in "Men in Black"] all hail big pharma. There is no conflict of interest.[sarc] Naturopathic medicine has been used for thousands of years, modern "alopathic" since the 20's, why are herbs and tonics the medicine deemed as alternative?

I'm not promoting hallucinogenic substances but personally I don't think mushrooms are as dangerous as narcotics. I know they are no where near as dangerous as chemo and radiation.

Around 70% of new drugs comes from plants. There are tons of plants not studied in the rain forest. It is not in big pharma's interests to spend millions of dollars researching a plant for cures without the possibility of a patent. I care more about what we can learn of science and medicine from the rain forest, and the ocean than what is on the moon or mars. jmho

Billions are spent on R&D for manufactured substances for "treatment" only, not for cures. I have a friend who's wife is getting chemo shots at 8k each. A hundred grand a year, just to treat her, and just for the cancer

Unless I misunderstand, the cancer industry is only claiming somewhere around a 3% success rate at 5 years. A 3% still alive rate after 5 years is what they call success. And they don't talk about the quality of those 5 years.

I think there might be the possibility of private funded research on a small scale to research plant based medicines but not at the risk of going to prison even having the plant in your lab.

I read a story about Dole from Dole pineapple which I found very interesting. The Dole Nutrition Institute (DNI) was founded by David H. Murdock in 2003 to “Feed the World with Knowledge” through research and education regarding the health benefits of a plant-based diet. It was cool someone who had made as much money as Dole was looking at health through nutrition and was giving away the research.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 8th, 2014 at 10:58:04 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Face
I know weed is the best cold medicine I ever took.

Really? No thanks. When I've got a sore throat, runny nose & sinus congestion, the last thing I want is to inhale hot dry smoke. I'm not suggesting weed isn't effective for certain ailments (it's great for nausea) but it doesn't help a sore throat.

I'm a fan of pseudoephedrine & ibuprofen for colds, but even those merely suppress the dreadful symptoms, they certainly don't cure the viral infection. The real cure is warm liquids & lots of sleep.
November 8th, 2014 at 11:43:05 AM permalink
Face
Quote: reno
Really? No thanks. When I've got a sore throat, runny nose & sinus congestion, the last thing I want is to inhale hot dry smoke. I'm not suggesting weed isn't effective for certain ailments (it's great for nausea) but it doesn't help a sore throat.

I'm a fan of pseudoephedrine & ibuprofen for colds, but even those merely suppress the dreadful symptoms, they certainly don't cure the viral infection. The real cure is warm liquids & lots of sleep.

Well, I almost never get a sore throat. The one I had two days ago was the first since I swallowed brake fluid some 10 odd years ago. Also, I'm a smoker anyways, so I suppose I'm used to blasting my throat all day everyday.

Like the pseudo, it doesn't make you get better faster. It just makes you feel better faster. And, of course, there's many ways to take much easier and healthier than burning it.
November 8th, 2014 at 12:00:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Amazon indigenous tribal alternative medicine has kept these people alive for eons.

http://www.utne.com/mind-and-body/alternative-medicine-amazon-rainforest-ze0z1310zjhar.aspx?PageId=1#axzz3IVYQZsRL

herbs for anxiety:http://www.a2xanxiety.com/reports/anxiety.html?utm_medium=google_display&utm_campaign=usa_placement&utm_source=www.livestrong.com&utm_term=best%20anxiety%20medication&utm_content=31762626211&utm_device=c&gclid=CJuP2afj68ECFUGTfgodJ2cApA

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_guide/cacti_guide11.shtml medicinal uses of peyote

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-473-PEYOTE.aspx?activeIngredientId=473&activeIngredientName=PEYOTE Interesting, list of med uses for peyote listed at web md

I would gladly take a few billion out of the space program or the black budget for research into traditional healing or plant based healing, even use some of the money that the authorities confiscate from mmj patients through taxes or outright confiscation and actually do something to try an help the citizens that are supporting those good gov. pensions and benefits. Let us at least try and heal ourselves without fear of going to prison.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 8th, 2014 at 3:21:25 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
I'm going to say that the 'shrooms aren't going to be next.

Relative to the herb,

1) They are quite a bit more intense,
2) They are not as predictable,
3) Because of 1 and 2 they are not as controllable in their effect as cannabis.

Just my opinion.
November 8th, 2014 at 8:20:35 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Mosca
I'm going to say that the 'shrooms aren't going to be next.

Relative to the herb,

1) They are quite a bit more intense,
2) They are not as predictable,
3) Because of 1 and 2 they are not as controllable in their effect as cannabis.

Just my opinion.

Well put. Everyone's body is different, but for me the unwanted side effects of psilocybin (upset stomach, nausea) are far far more uncomfortable than the unwanted side effects of pot (dry mouth, munchies, paranoia.)
November 9th, 2014 at 5:11:56 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Also,

You can smoke a little or a lot of marijuana. But once you eat that mushroom, you are on the ride. No getting out of it until it wears off.
Page 3 of 5<12345>