Pot Legalized

November 26th, 2019 at 1:19:34 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: terapined
My clients expect a sharp mind

Yep, that's the first thing I think whenever I read your posts. Sharp mind.
November 26th, 2019 at 1:28:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek

You read my mind, good job..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2019 at 3:59:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
You read my mind, good job..

+1.

Pot makes your mind as sharp as a ball bearing.
The President is a fink.
November 26th, 2019 at 4:00:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Shrek

You're reading his posts? I thought he took his ball and went home months ago because of all the "hate here?"
The President is a fink.
November 26th, 2019 at 5:03:02 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I have smoked pot (and ate) before, not a fan, makes me feel weird and paranoid, does nothing positive for me.

I do think it should be legal, because the war on drugs does nothing but benifit cartels.

I think the most positive drugs are nicotine and caffeine, as mild stimulants provide small amounts of pleasure while keeping you productive and motivated.

As for all of the people saying only losers smoke pot. I deal with a lot of homeless, almost all are drunks, drinking in public, begging for beer in gas stations. I have not seen one who smokes pot openly (maybe because of laws?) 100% Ancedotal, I know. But, I know a lot more people who have had their life ruined because of alcohol (either their own use or the use of others), never met anyone ruined over pot....
November 26th, 2019 at 6:33:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

I think the most positive drugs are nicotine and caffeine, as mild stimulants provide small amounts of pleasure while keeping you productive and motivated.

I would not mind seeing some kind of thing made from the coca plant that is not cocaine. Locals chew the leaves for a mild kick. We need a sub for caffeine, the younger set is getting hooked there. Saw a girl have a panic attack might well have been a reaction to too many energy drinks last week.

Quote:
But, I know a lot more people who have had their life ruined because of alcohol (either their own use or the use of others), never met anyone ruined over pot....

Meet more people, there are plenty.
The President is a fink.
November 26th, 2019 at 6:37:27 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
I would not mind seeing some kind of thing made from the coca plant that is not cocaine. Locals chew the leaves for a mild kick. We need a sub for caffeine, the younger set is getting hooked there. Saw a girl have a panic attack might well have been a reaction to too many energy drinks last week.

Meet more people, there are plenty.

In South America, Coca leaves do just that, often used like we use chewing tobacco here.

I don't know that caffeine is the problem, Energy drinks are loaded with sugar and garbage that is terrible (I am guilty of drinking them, so not judging). Just like nicotine is not terrible for you, but smoking is, there are safer ways to consume caffeine and nicotine (snus, and coffee).
November 26th, 2019 at 7:38:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler

I don't know that caffeine is the problem, Energy drinks are loaded with sugar and garbage that is terrible (I am guilty of drinking them, so not judging). Just like nicotine is not terrible for you, but smoking is, there are safer ways to consume caffeine and nicotine (snus, and coffee).

I never do energy drinks
Strong coffee in the morning for me with cream. No sugar
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 26th, 2019 at 7:46:30 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I never do energy drinks
Strong coffee in the morning for me with cream. No sugar

I have never had an energy drink either. My office stocks hundreds of them in the refrigerator for free and many people drink them but I have never had an interest in them. I find it very strange that I see some people at a bar mixing them with alcohol (a depressant).
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 27th, 2019 at 1:14:16 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman

Anyhow, article makes some good point that the "danger" of pot is not medical so much as it slows you down and takes over your life if you do not watch. The "escape" is all you spend your day caring about. Eventually you are so far behind in the race you think you are in the lead. Meanwhile your life falls to pieces as you neglect important things..
As opposed to tranquilizers, alcohol, wife swapping, a diaper service, a skilled chef?