Pope Francis

May 27th, 2018 at 12:55:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
FrGamble should do a direct comparison and live as a nun for a year. No one will laugh at you, it's every bit as equal according to you.

Is this true?

Quote:
Yet, two years ago, the Vatican put out a directive that listed what the church considers to be the most serious crimes one can commit: heresy, schism, pedophilia, and ... ordaining women. After the uproar by women's groups, a Vatican official, Charles Sciciuna, tried to walk that back, saying, "This is not putting everything into one basket." He was right. The men and women are treated very differently: Ordained women are quickly excommunicated, and priests who are abusing children are rarely excommunicated, the Christian Science Monitor reported.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/05/11/the-catholic-churchs-treatment-of-nuns-is-polarizing-and-alienating

Are ordained women excommunicated faster than a priest will be for pedophila? Has that changed? Why was it even true ever? This was written in 2012, not 1612
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2018 at 1:56:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Do you think God would think less of me if I was a nun? or a married man? Do you think I would have less value to the Church or others?

I think for some reason you look at a priest as a position of power or authority, it is not. The Pope's greatest title is: servant of the servants of God. Jesus made it clear to the Apostles that the greatest among you is the one who serves and sacrifices for others. This happens in the vocation to religious life, it happens in spades in the married life, and it certainly happens in the priesthood.

It is an interesting question you ask about excommunication. There are certain things that directly violate Church law such as ordaining anyone who is not called to the priesthood or for example breaking the seal of confession. These are automatic excommunications. Excommunication does not necessarily mean you are going to hell just that you are no longer able to receive the Eucharist until you repent. In the case of pedophilia you are committing mortal sin, which does mean you are in danger of hell without repentance. So both things call one to repentance. One calls you back into the life of the Church and the other calls you back from the risk of your immortal soul. However, I think the abuse of children or allowing such evils to take place would also carry the penalty of excommunication, especially if you were a cleric and broke your sacred vows.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 27th, 2018 at 2:01:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Are ordained women excommunicated faster than a priest will be for pedophila?

FrG will deny it all, wonder
where you got such false
info, and laugh it off. Off
course nuns are treated
far differently than priests,
that's the whole point of
it. Nuns are (or were)
replaceable, priests are time
consuming to train.

But there's a nun crisis in
the Church now, young
women aren't joining, and
there's a huge number of
retired nuns over 75 that
the Church has to care for.

"So both things call one to repentance. One calls you back into the life of the Church and the other calls you back from the risk of your immortal soul."

Who cares. What it should be calling
is the police to put them in prison..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 27th, 2018 at 3:38:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Yeah, and the position of the church of the inferiority of women wasn't just the opinion of the two people I pointed out, it was nearly 2000 years of church policy.

And to get the "vote" as a woman before that, all you had to do was become a nun, and then your vote only counts towards issues related to nuns.

That is not equality.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 27th, 2018 at 4:29:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Never has Church policy been the inferiority of women, that sounds more like Evenbob. The Church has and continues to teach for 2000 years the equality of women. Why do you think that because women can't be priests that makes them inferior? Are married men inferior to priests? No.

Maybe a big question for us to discuss is if equality means we all have to be able to do the same thing and have no diversity?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 27th, 2018 at 4:30:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Nuns are (or were)
replaceable, priests are time
consuming to train.

You are kind of sick in your estimation of nuns. How can you say such things? No human being is replaceable.

Quote:
Who cares. What it should be calling
is the police to put them in prison..

Why can't it be both/and.
May 27th, 2018 at 4:46:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Never has Church policy been the inferiority of women.. The Church has and continues to teach for 2000 years the equality of women. ?

When you keep saying ridiculous things
like this, it just leaves me speechless.
You're a severely deluded lost cause that
I really don't want to waste my time on.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 27th, 2018 at 4:54:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
You are kind of sick in your estimation of nuns. .

No worse than the Church and their
sick idea of what equality for women
means. We've also been down this
road many times and I'm not going
down it again. What's the point.
May 27th, 2018 at 5:18:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If women haven't been making decisions for men and women from the top down in your church, how can they be equal?

No female pope, means it never happened yet.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2018 at 5:46:22 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
If women haven't been making decisions for men and women from the top down in your church, how can they be equal?

No female pope, means it never happened yet.

Maybe Hillary can become Pope solve everyone's problem.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin