Pope Francis

March 29th, 2018 at 11:02:50 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
The Italian newspaper was printing recollections from its 90 something year old founder who met with the Pope. It was not a quote from the Pope, his direct words, or a transcript of their conversation. It was this man's remembrances and sense of what the Pope was telling him. We have been down this road before with the very same guy with other remembered conversations. Why must all the information that Evenbob believes about the Church be from such sketchy sources?!?

Also we need to remember that the reality of Hell and the fear of this eternal separation of all that is good and loving (namely God) is something that should legitimately scare us. However, true conversion is never based on fear but rather on the love of God for us. The fact is that though we deserved Hell God died for us so that all of us could be saved from it and instead be with God in peace and joy forever.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 29th, 2018 at 11:23:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
The Italian newspaper was printing recollections from its 90 something year old founder

Blah blahty blah blah. This is headlines,
Pope tells the truth again and Vatican
tries to dance out of it.

There is no hell, the pope knows it and
says it, and the Vatican freaks. Just like
I said it would.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell

Does Hell Exist? Pope Francis Says No In New Interview That Could Change Catholic Church Forever

https://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=36226

So, for many practicing Catholics, like Frank O'Leary, the Pope has simply confirmed what they believe anyway. "A lot of these things are metaphorical," he says. "I never really thought of heaven as a physical place. It is not surprising to me that the Holy Father would point out that hell is not physical in the sense of this physical plane that we're on right now."

Did the Pope Just Say Hell Does Not Exist?

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/hell-does-not-exist-pope-francis-tells-atheist-reporter-1.5961685
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 29th, 2018 at 11:29:27 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Blah blahty blah blah.

I can just see you at your computer with your fingers in your ears and eyes closed saying this over and over. It is what you do.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 29th, 2018 at 11:47:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
On the protestant side, only the most liberal Christians will say there is no hell, as the bible mentions hell several times.

Ins't Hell the whole reason for the existence of Christianity? Going by how gleefully some Christians consign those outside their tribe, including other Christians, to Hell, you'd certainly think so.

If Egyptian religious practice was a resurrection cult, as resurrection in the next world is the ultimate goal, then Christianity could be described as a punitive cult, as eternal punishment seems to be the main goal that draws many influential Christians in.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 29th, 2018 at 11:58:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
I can just see you at your computer .

I'm at my computer pointing out that
every time the pope mistakenly
blurts out the truth, the Vatican puts
on a top hat and tap shoes, and
dances around like mad trying to
'explain' what the pope really meant.

The Vatican hates the truth, they're
only comfortable lurking in the
shadows and avoiding direct light..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 29th, 2018 at 12:11:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Stock Market Up After Pope Says There’s No Hell

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/03/29/stock-market-pope-says-theres-no-hell/
March 29th, 2018 at 12:59:44 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
Ins't Hell the whole reason for the existence of Christianity?

Actually, it is the other place that is our destiny and the reason for Christianity.
March 29th, 2018 at 1:50:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Actually, it is the other place that is our destiny and the reason for Christianity.

Hell is the big incentive, to scare people
into Jesus. You sure can't get there by
reason, they can't even explain sin, the
thing Jesus supposedly died for. So they
invented hell, everybody understands
that concept.
March 29th, 2018 at 1:51:38 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
There’s a Pope Francis film coming soon “Pope Francis: In his own words”. From the trailer, it appears to be a documentary about his travels, and an interview. Seems well done, and appears really interesting.
March 29th, 2018 at 1:56:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Ayecarumba
Seems well done, and appears really interesting.

To who? I nodded off just reading
your post about it..